A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I overreacting? (about a purse someone made for me)  (Read 58984 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kimmermonroe

Remembers when Polymer clay only came in white..

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2008 07:56:13 PM »

I've been ordering from eBay for years and almost everytime something was screwed up it was because of a family emergency.
With that being said and the extra pics you added that has got to be the most horrible bag ever.
$60! I'm thinking more like .60
They should be ashamed they sent that POS out to anybody.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2008 08:14:06 PM »

Whatever you do get those official complaints in and escalated ASAP. It's good to negociate but there comes a point when negociation must end. Fight for the refund out of principle and so that creep doesn't get to keep your cash.

I hope you're reading this, scammer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty_pixi
* Cupcake Crazy *

~obsessed with cupcakes~

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2008 08:26:18 PM »

There is NO assistant, there is NO "other bag", there was NO family emergency/death. This is a calculated scam, I guarantee you.

Tho I haven't had any eBay or Etsy probs/expiriences I was the victim of a wedding photog scam in which we paid more than $1,700 dollars upfront for a seemingly skilled man who two days b4 the wedding called to inform me of his mother's death on the otherside of the country and that he"d be sending his wife.....blah blah blah a WHOLE lot of unacceptable sh#t more than a YEAR later and my father had to track him down thru his BROTHER, who he found online, and threaten him with bodily harm b4 we got ANYTHING. After all that hassle all we got were 13 sheets of negatives.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE thing to go thru and his bullsh#t excuses and stalling were JUST like what you're getting from this guy.

Don't wait just escalate it until you get your money back!!

~Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men"

embrace your creativity * discover your crafty side
DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2008 08:55:16 PM »

Good luck and kudos for refraining from swearing (at him). Wink
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008 08:55:47 PM by DIY ho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2008 08:58:01 PM »

Ugh. I hate when this kind of stuff happens to people. Kudos to you for fighting it too! I hope you get your money back! *cheers for you*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

uradelight
Off to save the world

Love, Like Death, Changes Everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2008 10:28:30 PM »

I've gotta agree with everyone else on here: no, you aren't overreacting!  Go for it and get your money back.  It's great that you are fighting this and are holding him to the same standards that all of us expect of others and hold for ourselves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.
~Kahlil Gibran

Will swap and sew for DIY kits!

http://www.wists.com/uradelight
klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2008 01:02:13 AM »

That bag is just sad.  It looks like something my 4 year old would make when she is "sewing" with me.  Cannot believe there is glue and scrapbooking supplies holding your $60 bag together...  Lame, lame, lame! 

Good luck getting your money back!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2008 01:57:37 AM »

I know there are a million replys etc. But I wanted to reply anyways. THIS IS 100% A SCAM. He is full of crap and definately is trying to make  fast buck. Maybe if this happens ETSy can be aware and show crafters how to protect themselves and set stuff up for that. Did you save all the emails? Plus you should definately leave negative feeback! I don't care if the bag he sent you was amazingly crafted it LOOKS nothing like the inspiration, could there be any behind a bag like that?  Huh. Plus whether you paid $5 or $19 doesn't matter if he was not honest! And he should be turned in. Because you would be protecting other crafters and help with the policing of ETSY and paypal, because if we don't do those things then, it could cause a lot of misstrust in general on ETSY etc.

About the overdraft fees. I had a similar things happen at my bank, I think they are all the same! BUT at my bank you can set up a credit account with insanely low interest and if you overdraw it covers you till you get the opportunity to pay it back. I think the fee of overdrawing is $8 if there is one. and you still have some credit to use as well just incase and they let you pay it back slowly. We have that and it saved us hundreds of dollars once. I had the same experience that on a holiday weekend sunday monday some things went through so fast and due to my mistake in quicken etc we overdrew and by little amount and got huge fees because, a $5 dollar thing overdraws and then you have 3 $5 things but they all cost $30 dollars and by the time they go through you are screwed. All you needed was $20 dollars in there to be ok, but because it started it almost never stops, then the worst is that they want you to pay when you obviously have no money!!!!!!! The bank we use is INtrust bank incase you want the option.

SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR HORRIBLE WEEK!

We are all going to be waiting to hear what happens!!!!! Best of luck. and Good job with your email and turning him in. I don't think you will have trouble with mentioning the pleather part. what does getting one thing right on that bag have to do with the finished product, plus he just bought that it looks like and added cheap crap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
weet!
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2008 02:22:46 AM »

i just had to add my 2 cents...

from the very beginning when you said everything in his shop disappeared and that he "would be back in september..." it 100% sounded like a scam.

my dad at one point was buying very expensive boat radar equiptment off of a seller on ebay and got scammed. although, the seller had tons and tons of great feedback, it seemed like he was saving all that for this one big scam. luckily my dad sent it as a cashiers check (or something along those lines, i dont totally remember what it was called) so when the seller deleted his account from ebay a couple of days after my dad sent the money, he was able to call the post office and tell them not to deliver it!

but anyways, that story doesnt help you much in this case... im so sorry you had to go through this! its really unfortunate that theres people out there that are willing to go through all the trouble of making a fake etsy shop and everything just for 60 bucks! thats pretty pathetic really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixeegrl
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2008 04:09:42 AM »

I have been following your thread and must say your email messages to the "seller" have been very civilized. I don't think I could have been that nice. Kuddos to you. I hope everything works out and you get a full refund. I'm not even gonna comment on that bag either...it's just too UGH! Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Beef Noodle Stir Fry Recipe
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Ginger-Scallion Chicken Wings Recipe
Beef and Pineapple Red Curry Recipe
Pork and Veggie Dumplings Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...