A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 303,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I overreacting? (about a purse someone made for me)  (Read 64406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

CMF since '75 \../ >.< \../

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008 01:43:35 PM »

This is ugly as all hell.  No question.  So sorry this happened to you.

You mentioned his assistant stated he sent the wrong purse, if that is true, I feel equally sorry for the person it was intended for!  And as to a death in the family, if you are running a business, you still have a commitment to your clients.

Good luck w/ everything - keep us updated.

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008 02:03:05 PM »

Wow that is sad.. that purse isn't even something that anyone would pay money for... bait and switch big time.. I hope u get your money back and the guy gets banded from ebay.!!

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008 02:09:18 PM »

Id be FURIOUS! Totally report them!

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008 02:35:48 PM »

Here's a copy of the email I sent to Etsy:

I'm reporting this a little early (meaning, no serious problem has come up yet but I feel one might), to ensure that I have some protection. My username on etsy is declinedesigns. I posted an alchemy request on August 3rd, 2008 and accepted bid #113865 from (edited). It was supposed to be sort of punk themed with craft elements, inspired by a certain bag (first picture attached). He finished the bag a week or so afterwards and I had a problem with payment (due to a non-paying bidder on eBay, I had been planning on using the money from the auction to pay for it, and had to relist the item) but sent the payment through Paypal on August 12th. He lowered the cost of the bag a bit for me, to make the total cost $59 CAD/$56.91 USD. I'm having some problems with Paypal right now(I think they're having technical issues, nothing except for the main page will load for me), but I can provide the transaction number or what have you later. In the meantime, I've provided a screen copy of the receipt email I was sent from Paypal. I know the email (email edited out) isn't the same as the email that is linked to my Etsy accounted, but they go to the same place. When we got ATT internet I had to pick a new email, so that's the one I use for my Etsy account.

I had never used Alchemy before and it appears it wasn't done correc. The purse is under my "purchases" section and there's an invoice, but it says contact seller to arrange payment for this item. He sent me a payment request via Paypal and I just assumed he had done it the "right" way. The area under "status (from seller)" is blank. And the purse isn't under the items to leave feedback for area.

Anyways, I received the bag yesterday and was SEVERELY disappointed, with both the quality of materials and the quality of construction. I've attached several pictures of the purse. Nothing is sewn on except for the sequin trim along the bottom - the rest of it is glued on (except for the pins obviously, which are pinned on). It's vinyl, but extremely thin vinyl (the kind of material that would be much better suited to a top rather than a purse, if I was planning on keeping it I'd be afraid of putting anything in it), no interfacing or anything. There's no "depth" to it, it's just two flaps sewn together. The fringe is not cut evenly(meaning, the actual strips are cut crookedly and not all the same width) and isn't all the same length either. The braided strap is braided too loosely to be secure for a strap, in my opinion, and there's a hole by where it's attached to the bag on one side. All shown in the pictures attached. Even aside from all the construction issues, it looks nothing like the inspiration piece, and is definitely NOT worth the money I paid for it.

The reason I was little hesitant to go ahead and file a complaint now is because, supposedly, the reason I'm dealing with his assistant instead of him is because on the 19th he messaged me saying there was a family emergency and he wouldn't be able to ship the bag for a few days. His 'assistant' contacted me on the 20th and said there was a death in the family and that he wouldn't be back in town for a week (but, two weeks later, I'm still taking to her) and that she would ship the bag that night. The signature on the package is his though (as you can see in the picture). It was also shipped a week after I was told it would be shipped - I was told it'd be shipped on the 20th, it wasn't shipped until the 27th. I don't want to be insensitive in case there really was some sort of death or family emergency, but it all seems kind of fishy to me, which is why I'm emailing you now. I realize the address on the package is not the address I have listed on Etsy, I'm not sure if that will complicate things, but we just moved and I had it sent to a friend's house because I was worried about the purse getting lost in the mail and not forwarded to the correct address, which is now (edited) as listed in my profile.

I contacted him yesterday and again reached his "assistant", telling her that I was disappointed in the bag and would like a refund. Now she's saying that she thinks she sent the wrong bag, that there is a bag in the studio that looks similar to the one I requested, and that I can send this bag back and get a shipping refund, and the bag I was supposed to receive will be shipped to me. However, after seeing the quality of this bag, I wanted a picture of the other bag before it was shipped (understandably so, I think), and said so. She hasn't since replied to my message.

Now I'm really feeling that I would just like a refund of the money I spent. I think you'll agree that something seems off about the whole thing. I wasn't sure if I should email Paypal or not. I would be very grateful for any help you can give me. Thanks so much,

Michelle (last name edited)

I would send some sort of email to Paypal as well but it appears they're having technical issues, can't get anything to load but the main page. I hope something gets worked out fast.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008 02:45:50 PM by sapphire_distortion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
corduroy cat
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008 02:41:35 PM »

psst! remove the sellers name or craftster will be mad Sad i agree that it's total crap though!
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008 02:46:20 PM »

sorry, but that's not even close...and it's ugly to boot!
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2008 02:46:47 PM »

Oops, I meant to edit that out...fixed it now!

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2008 03:01:21 PM »

i have no help or anything to add... i just wanted to say i am sorry things have been so difficult and i really hope it all works out.. i will have my eye on this thread as i can see many others do as well. good luck!

* Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind ~ Dr. Seuss *
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2008 03:50:24 PM »

Unfortunately, it is situations like this that ruin cool things like Alchemy for everyone. Even when you get everything settled, it will still have been a huge headache that no one should have to deal with!

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2008 04:14:09 PM »

Well, I messaged the seller and told them I want a refund and that I'm tired of waiting/being jerked around (little more eloquently than that), and I heard back from Etsy - the first email was pretty unhelpful and basically said "leave negative feedback and/or contact Paypal". I sent a reply saying that I CAN'T leave feedback of any kind, and the next reply (from a different person) said that she was really sorry I got stuck in this situation and that she would contact the seller, I'm going to file a Paypal dispute tomorrow. Thanks for the support guys!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
VF NEWS: Nanette Lepore Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
VF NEWS: Nicholas K Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner Review
5 Steps to the Perfect Morning Skincare Routine
Makeup Tricks to Help You Get Fuller Lips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...