A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 306,354
Currently Running With Scissors:
311 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I overreacting? (about a purse someone made for me)  (Read 58911 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chocolatebutton
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2008 08:34:24 AM »

I'll def be sure and post it once it gets here!

i'm sooo lookin forward to this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2008 08:39:28 AM »

Oh and I don't know if this could possibly work but if you were to keep dealing with etsy and you got bad retaliatory feedback from him, I wonder if somewhere on your page you could link to this thread?  Then people who were considering you as a seller could see the WHOLE story...just a suggestion from someone completely new to etsy, not sure if it would work.

I'm not sure if we'd want to link over to this thread from her page/feedback. Undecided  It might give the impression that Craftster is place to air dirty laundry (so to speak) and that's not what we want our site to represent especially for new members finding us from Etsy.  I hope that makes sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2008 10:31:00 AM »

Hi Melazdee - before I had decided that I didn't want to be on Etsy any more I thought I would probably put something like "Yes, I have one negative feedback as a buyer, not a seller - click here if you'd like to read the story behind it" and put a link to my myspace blog where I explained the WHOLE situation from start to...well...it was current at the time, I think I posted it a week and a half ago or some such. I thought it would probably be a lot more concise than this thread, and wouldn't get Craftster stuck in the middle Wink But after the way I have been treated by Etsy customer service (although I've wondered from time to time if I just landed with a TERRIBLE representative of it...) I don't feel comfortable selling on Etsy anymore. I think I might switch to MOLI, which is kind of an interesting take on a social networking site, their stores only cost $4 a month and they don't take any commission out + listings are unlimited.

If I still can't leave feedback by the time I get the purse, and if it's anywhere near as hideous as expected, I'm going to email them again and keep badgering them until either a. I can leave feedback or b. I can get a refund. Badger badger badger badger!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2008 10:34:16 AM »

Oooh... I've never heard of MOLI.  I'm gonna check it out.  ...erm, not that I need another shopping addiction. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2008 11:40:02 AM »

Oooh... I've never heard of MOLI.  I'm gonna check it out.  ...erm, not that I need another shopping addiction. Cheesy

Well it's just now getting started, I think it's less than six months old, but it's kind of interesting - the whole idea is that you can have one account with several different profiles (business, private, friends only, etc.) and control who sees each one if you like. The stores are pretty novel because you can either set them up with a Paypal cart or a Google cart and the buyers don't have to be members of MOLI to purchase. It has a...I dunno...unique? setup, in that my first five minutes on it I kept thinking "this site is SO HARD TO NAVIGATE!" but after probably 15 minutes of poking around I really liked it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melazdee
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2008 08:14:38 PM »

Oh and I don't know if this could possibly work but if you were to keep dealing with etsy and you got bad retaliatory feedback from him, I wonder if somewhere on your page you could link to this thread?  Then people who were considering you as a seller could see the WHOLE story...just a suggestion from someone completely new to etsy, not sure if it would work.

I'm not sure if we'd want to link over to this thread from her page/feedback. Undecided  It might give the impression that Craftster is place to air dirty laundry (so to speak) and that's not what we want our site to represent especially for new members finding us from Etsy.  I hope that makes sense?

Ah yes thats very true, guess that wouldn't be the best .. ugh feedback is just so frustrating when its retaliatory..  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you love it, its perfect"

http://www.etsy.com/shop/melazdee
LilFiney

Wishing for Summer.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2008 09:32:43 PM »

ahhh!! i just read this ENTIRE thing and I wanna know what happens!! 

I hope everything turns out OK sapphire!! I am rooting for you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avoiding homework one stitch at a time....
plummy
« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2008 10:32:40 AM »

sooo I totally just read this entire thread (it took an hour) instead of working on lab write ups, and I'm feel so sorry for you!  I pretty much am just repeating what everyone else has said, but I fully support you and I wish you the best.  I look forward to seeing how this all turns out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to trade for kawaii Japanese fabric or cabochons!  PM me if you're interested!

Visit my etsy shop!   Cute girly clothing and accessories!  bydanalynn.etsy.com
Sinamint
Sweet... yet bahd! Oooh yeah!

A treat to tempt you!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2008 10:48:46 AM »

I am rooting for you all the way Sapphire! You poor dear!! To have to go through all these hoops and dealing with customer un-service.

Most customer service centers in my experience take the motto for Air Canada - We aren't happy until you're unhappy! (Yes - That's shamelessly stolen from some Canadian comedy act.  Wink

I'm hoping for your sake it turns out well! *keeps her fingers crossed for you*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #259 on: September 25, 2008 11:42:36 AM »

Well, I'll either have the purse later today or tomorrow afternoon, so I'll post pictures then.

Thanks for the well-wishes guys, but I don't think it's going to turn out well for me no matter what I do now Tongue Unfortunately. I still can't even leave feedback for the whole transaction.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Graphic Eyeliner Tutorial
VF NEWS: Prabal Gurung Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
High End Vs. Low End Makeup: When To Splurge And When To Save
The Beauty Treatments Stocked in Your Kitchen
Beauty and the Blog: My Secret Beauty Weapon
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...