A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I overreacting? (about a purse someone made for me)  (Read 57342 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wickedheart
« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2008 06:59:42 PM »

I think the valid point you had for a PAYPAL claim was that the item was "significantly not as described". If you check Paypal rules that entitled you to a refund. Because your story had too many of the insignificant details, your valid points kinda got lost.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2008 07:06:04 PM »

I tried filing a Paypal claim under "significantly not as described" and they told me that since it arrived they can't do anything, that they only cover things lost in shipping or that were never shipped. I didn't tell them any of the "insignificant details", I just filed the claim.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2008 07:24:50 PM »

I hope I didn't come off as suggesting you were trying to get others to do anything, because I don't think that and didn't mean to imply such.  I think that your anger and frustration is completely justified and however you respond to etsy is valid for you and none of my business.  I'm sorry if I came off any other way.  I'm SO rooting for you to get your money back and be done with this nightmare!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2008 07:56:15 PM »

I hope I didn't come off as suggesting you were trying to get others to do anything, because I don't think that and didn't mean to imply such.  I think that your anger and frustration is completely justified and however you respond to etsy is valid for you and none of my business.  I'm sorry if I came off any other way.  I'm SO rooting for you to get your money back and be done with this nightmare!

Oh no it's ok! I'm not annoyed at anyone, I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not trying to start anything or whatnot. It's just how I feel. I don't think I'm going to get my money back at this point, which really, really sucks, and I'm just disappointed in the customer service I got. For that matter, I think my last post came off a little snappy and I didn't mean it that way at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #224 on: September 13, 2008 08:08:57 PM »

Whew!  Like so many other things the bad guys make it harder on everyone!  When I was a renter, I was a good one, but all the bad renters meant bad things for the good ones.  I'm a specialty contractor and all the bad, late, flakey contractors make it harder for those of us who are honest, punctual and communicative.  Ugh! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

medli
« Reply #225 on: September 13, 2008 08:36:33 PM »

Wow.

I just read through this entire thread, and I'm shaking I'm so angry.
I want to dump gasoline on this guy and light him on fire and then burn that purse along with him.

I didn't think I was a violent person, but this is absolutely inexcusable. Etsy is giving you the run-around and that seller has blatantly lied to you. You have handled all this ten times better than I could. I would be calling customer service screaming and crying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spicytaco

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2008 06:17:09 AM »

Yeah....I hate to say it but that's pretty ugly. The inspiration purse is really adorable. I'd definatly be leaving some bad feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
Wendellina

CMF since '75 \../ >.< \../

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2008 07:11:51 AM »

sapphire_distortion -

Every once in a while I go back and look at the purse.  I am new to purse making and I cannot for the life of me figure it out.   Cheesy  Even I can do better than that.  I hope you are able to eventually find what you were originally looking for.  I have seen purses on this site that are very similar to your inspiration purse.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chocolatebutton
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2008 03:00:54 PM »

just checked back to see if it was all sorted out.. i suppose that was wishful thinking.
i wonder if when he sends the wrong bag and you file the 'not as described' claim, whether he will have to pay any charges to paypal?..

.. maybe thats wishful thinking again.
bleugh, i hate him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2008 04:31:22 PM »

This is the suckiest situation since my sewing machine shipping ordeal in february...

I can't wait to see what the "correct" purse looks like, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
-How to Create a Sequence in Premiere Pro CS4
How to Straighten Your Photos in Photoshop CS4
Learn about 3D Computer Art Museum
Learn about 3D Computer Architecture
How to Use the Patch Tool in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...