A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
734 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Am I overreacting? (about a purse someone made for me)  (Read 56621 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

weet!
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2008 06:00:42 PM »

i think if it were me (and i too, hardly ever have spending money, so i understand) i WOULD send the bag back.

for one thing its so crappy i cant imagine it weighing very much so if you sent in ground i think it would only be a couple bucks...but also i think if you send it back you are putting the ball back in his court and if he screws up then etsy finally CAN do something about it.

if he doesnt screw it up and just sends you the "correct" bag..well... i believe a few people already offered to make you one for free, and i would do that too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2008 06:06:48 PM »

if it makes you feel better..you could place on your signature line that you do trades or that you will swap for a new handbag..

I got a AWESOME messenger bag from a gal off of craftster in swap for some necklaces that I made her..

no harm,no foul..

good luck..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
olive_juice
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2008 06:10:42 PM »

Ugh. I just wrote a long, angry letter to etsy but for some reason my email logged me out while i was writing and didn't save my email. So i wrote a short angry email.  Undecided
I didn't use any names or mention this forum specifically or anything, so i really hope it doesn't make matters worse. I just think they're being incredibly rude and unhelpful and i am not very good at keeping things to myself...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy .com
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2008 01:16:30 PM »

so I got home and saw three emails fom Etsy, wondering what the heck was going on...it was just updates on the hipping stuff. here's the final verdict:

Dear Michelle,

Final update on the agreement we have facilitated through the seller:

- The same day you provide the proof of shipping of the exchange (Fri),
the seller will ship the replacement, and refund your shipping fees.

- The seller will provide you with a tracking number as proof for your
goods/refund

Best,
Emily

I wonder what my lovely new purse will look like *eyeroll*

I'm trying to be civil now because I don't want to be treated any worse than I already am, but I am for sure including something in the last email I send to these people that I'm never using the alchemy feature again and probably never using etsy again. what a mess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
Rainbow_Storms
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2008 01:21:05 PM »

I wonder what my lovely new purse will look like *eyeroll* [/quote

Well, you can always hope that when you get it, you can lodge a "not what I was promised" complaint. I just want to say again how sorry I am that you have to go through all this. It suuucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Just PM me!

I've recently gotten into blythes; check out my blog about mine here:
http://saffron42.livejournal.com
http://deliagrey.etsy.com
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2008 03:36:05 PM »

Well, you can always hope that when you get it, you can lodge a "not what I was promised" complaint. I just want to say again how sorry I am that you have to go through all this. It suuucks.

Well, I tried to explain to them several times that what he made was not I requested and I wasn't told he was going to change the materials and they ignored me, so I don't think lodging a different complaint would help. Know what's even better? He's sending the refund through the mail. Probably a check. WTF?! He has my Paypal information! Why can't he send it through that? Personal check just seems like a BAD IDEA to me with this guy's history. This is totally ridiculous.

I still need to ask them about when I'll be able to leave feedback as well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ElleBee85
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2008 04:11:34 PM »

Wow, i just spent the last 20 mins or so reading this thread. What a crappy situation! I'm sorry that it's been so difficult for you! Have you tried contacting your bank? Once I bought something off of eBay that was NOT as described, but the seller nor Paypal would do anything about it. So I contacted my bank and put a "stop payment" on it. My bank was very understanding and refunded my money in full. You might want to consider that if you are not able to sort things out with the new "denim" bag!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
olive_juice
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2008 09:33:47 AM »

Okay, what i can make out from the email to me (yes, i know. i can't help but sticking my nose in other people's business. i was curious!) is that they have no way to force a refund. Unless he is willing to give it, they can do nothing.
 Policy:
Etsy requires that a seller ship product, as advertised, to the address
submitted by the customer. If for any reason, the order cannot be
fulfilled, the seller must offer a refund.

Yet later on, she said this:

Please also note that Etsy does not handle payments or control any
exchange of currency. A seller may lose their privilege to be an Etsy
seller, but only the seller herself can issue a refund from her own
money coffers. Etsy has no access to this.

She makes the analogy of etsy being as a craft fair, where the host is not responsible for the seller's wares or what goes on. I find that deeply flawed in the age of the internet, because one never knows who they are dealing with.

In what one might consider the closest she came to answering my question (whether or not a buyer was entitled to a refund if an item was not as described), she had this to say:
However, the way in which the seller choses to rectify the mis-ship or
mistaken product may be entirely acceptable by Etsy's policies. Again,
the customer may review the seller's way of rectifying the problem.

Does he even have a return policy? I think you said his store isn't exactly up anymore.

I believe this last bit and a short intro in the front was the only thing actually written to me. The rest seems to be a direct copy of etsy's guidelines, which is cool, but i would rather have had a more direct answer. This is her second email to me, as the first explained exactly nothing and answered none of the questions posed in my email.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy .com
IamSusie
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2008 10:09:21 AM »

Instead of etsy, can you get anywhere with Pay Pal or your credit card company? If you have proof that you returned the offending item (like certified or registered mail), then you will have paid for something that you no longer possess and you might have more leverage to get a refund.  Maybe you can refuse to accept the new purse, but you should find out from the credit card company what you should do.

The credit card people will probably have more helpful customer service than you are getting at Etsy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2008 10:24:09 AM »

See I find that so confusing. The product is NOT as advertised so I should get a refund right? I suppose if I pointed that out I would probably either get a short answer again or the thing about not being able to make the seller give a refund. But they were saying they'd hold him to him sending the refund for shipping, so they obviously feel they have some power over him. He has nothing under his shop policies, by the way.

IamSusie: I tried contacting Paypal and according to their policies, they can only cover things damaged in shipping (or that never arrived). I've already had some run-ins with customer service at my bank that have been not-so-pleasant and I don't think they'd help me out any here - I don't have the protection offered by a credit card unfortunately as my paypal account is directly linked to my bank account.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Flawless Complexion With Mineral Makeup
Product Round-Up: Dry Shampoos We Swear By
Beauty Tips For Travelers
How to Create an Airbrush Base
Decoding Style: Behind the Scenes- Denise and the Stylist
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...