A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Richmond crafty teens?  (Read 3704 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psychogirl

Have a Nice day.

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2005 05:52:50 PM »

Hi!
I'm a crafty teen in richmond who is interested in getting together with other crafty teens! (if there are any).
Is there a craft group type thing going on at all now or is anyone interested in helping me start one? I'd like to hang out with other craftsters and share ideas, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering."

~ Yoda

Join the Fight to Label Bioengineered Foods!
http://www.thecampaign.org
ithnkuno
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005 05:03:18 AM »

You could start a Meetup.com group, or talk with your school art teacher and see what he/she can help you set up. You could be Richmond's Young Craft Mafia! Good stuff!

Beth
still a teen at heart
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
whotookthebomp?

we are all fruit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005 05:04:30 PM »

i live in charlottesville and was just about to post something about crafty teens where i live...however, I am a big fan of driving places  and a big fan of crafty things, so, therefore we should organize something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alice the brave.
gonebuggy
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005 05:23:41 PM »

I noticed your post and wanted to ask for craft suggestions for teens.  Since you are a crafty teen, I thought you would be the perfect person to talk to.  I considered doing duck tape wallets.?  I would appreciate any cool ideas you might have. We would only have about an hour to complete.
Hope you find some craftsters near you.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whotookthebomp?

we are all fruit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005 05:21:35 AM »

I noticed your post and wanted to ask for craft suggestions for teens. Since you are a crafty teen, I thought you would be the perfect person to talk to. I considered doing duck tape wallets.? I would appreciate any cool ideas you might have. We would only have about an hour to complete.
Hope you find some craftsters near you. Smiley
earrings are always good, made out of interesting objects, like stuff you get out of the 25 cent machines at the grocery store. or purses out of nice patterns are good too. I like t-shirts. a lot. anything slightly strange on a t-shirts, like robots for instance, would make my day. hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alice the brave.
gonebuggy
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005 04:57:08 PM »

I actually have some stuff that could work for earrings.  Great idea!
If you or anyone else has more ideas I would gladly consider them.
Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rocketmanalive
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005 05:19:38 PM »

[sorry, i know this isn't exactly related to the topic...]

hey, whotookthebomp:  i actually make robot tshirts.  his name's rocketman, and he was my first screenprint  Smiley  i'd be delighted to sell you one.  or you should come to the bizarre market in richmond on april 30th and check 'em out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
piratekittie
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005 05:46:48 PM »

hey, i live in richmond and i craft Smiley we should try to set something up. for any knitters at VCU we just started a group. we meet mondays and thursdays at 5pm in the commons if you want to join Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale!!!!
Etsy: http://karenmaiko.etsy.com

I have a Blog!
 http://karenmaiko.blogspot.com
yogrendel
Christian Gerbil Baby

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005 12:46:33 PM »

I'm about 45 minutes away from Richmond and not's all that bad of a drive, so it would be cool to do something like that. As for VCU, I should be transferring there in the Spring semester, so the knitting group sounds cool as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Karen, tell Jesus to take the gerbil babies! They're Christians!
Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005 01:06:12 PM »

I got to college in Roanoke and go to Charlottesville somewhat often with friends for concerts and such, sadly I have no car so I can not drive anywhere. So basically the point of this reply is to say hurah for crafty people in Virgina.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iiloveyoudearxo

Buy all my creations here http://lovecute.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009 08:49:36 PM »

I'm 18 and live in RVA.  I cant seem to find any craft shows! I feel weird cause I'm younger than the vendors I've seen. buhh. We need our own group too. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See a creation on here that you like? PM me on how to purchase it! Cheesy

For Vintage and Indie Jewelry:
www.fyjewelry.etsy.com
artz_annie
if its artz I can do it!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009 02:01:50 PM »

hey girls, I am feel the same way yall do. I am 20 and have been doing craft shows since i was in the whoom still. lol i have 4 generations of craft supplies and am trying to get rid of 3 generations of it lol so i can have some space for my own. lol but i need help i need to let it all go I am in RVA area i live about an hr away from RVA but its less to VCU if you come up route 5. i need help cleaning out my craft room and need it done in the next 2 days if anyone is up for the task and can come out tomarrow  or today. you will be greatly rewarded in craft supplies lol i need some real help and lots of it!!!! a truck would be best to drive in but a van or suv is just as good  i had two station waggons they hold a lot too so if you want craft supplies i can hook you up please i need help ASAP no later than the 3rd after the 3rd i am gunna be too busy to get it all done. so i need help i only just found this site!!! so, maybe someone will read this and call me!!!!! my cell is 804-432-0900 please call me if you can help!!! the name is Annie and please help me!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold the Origami Crane
How to Create an Origami Pig
How to Create an Origami Water Bomb
How to Create an Origami Peacock
How to Create Origami Star
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...