A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,797
Currently Running With Scissors:
800 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Costume Ideas To Compliment a Cockroach Costume  (Read 8249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rainylakechick
« on: September 03, 2008 09:04:50 AM »

This year for Halloween, my boyfriend wants to be a COCKROACH.  Yes, that gross, icky, disturbing bug!

You can buy them online, but he's pretty crafty himself and has made papier mache heads for costumes in the past -- like this Ralph Wiggum costume.  (Another photo here.)  I'm sure I'll be sewing part of this cockroach costume.  Smiley 

Two years ago we were Cookie Monster and a Girl Scout for Halloween...  I'd love another couple's costume! 

Any ideas?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vladimyr
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008 09:12:04 AM »

If he's going as a cockroach the first thing that comes to mind for me as a companion costume is an exterminator. A nice jumpsuit with a nametag, some long rubber gloves, a pump sprayer with a skull and crossbones on it, etc, etc. You could even make the pump sprayer into a backpack with the hose going to a painted water gun in a holster. That could be fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainylakechick
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008 11:49:37 AM »

If he's going as a cockroach the first thing that comes to mind for me as a companion costume is an exterminator. A nice jumpsuit with a nametag, some long rubber gloves, a pump sprayer with a skull and crossbones on it, etc, etc. You could even make the pump sprayer into a backpack with the hose going to a painted water gun in a holster. That could be fun.

Exterminator -- I like it! 

I was thinking, "Maybe I could be another bug...  A lady bug?"  But that's boring!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lawnwranglergirl

On the run from Johnny Law...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008 12:44:24 PM »

My friends and I always used to joke that come the apocalypse, the only survivors would be cockroaches and Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones, so that was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post! I don't know how you feel about dressing up like a guy, but Keith wouldn't be too hard to put together - some thrifted clothes, a funky long necklace, a fake guitar, and of course his trademark head scarf and some eyeliner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

between the click of the light and the start of the dream...

Movie reviews, pop cultural ramblings and baseball rants:
http://rushmoregirl.blogspot.com
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008 09:26:26 AM »

My friends and I always used to joke that come the apocalypse, the only survivors would be cockroaches and Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones, so that was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post! I don't know how you feel about dressing up like a guy, but Keith wouldn't be too hard to put together - some thrifted clothes, a funky long necklace, a fake guitar, and of course his trademark head scarf and some eyeliner.

So fun coincidence:  My first thought was that DH and I always joke that after the apocalypse, it'll be cockroaches eating twinkies, and that you ought to go as a twinkie!  Or, a can of raid (easily accomplished with a slinky black dress that's stenciled.)  Too fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
thepaintinglibra
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008 01:25:27 PM »

What about La Cucaracha? According to Wikipedia, the song becaome popular during the Mexican Revolution.
Maybe you can dress up like a lovely senorita with maybe "La" on your top - so when you stand next to each other "La Cucaracha." Just a thought......man... he wants to be a cockroach, really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Cucaracha

You can always dress like Beatle Juice or a character from the movie Joes Apartment. Just a thought. A cockroach, really? Man guys really are different than girls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainylakechick
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008 01:31:32 PM »

We both like the Keith Richards idea!

And the idea of dressing like a senorita is funny! 

A cockroach, really? Man guys really are different than girls.

Yes, a cockroach!  Just the idea of cockroaches gross me out!  I'm getting the shivers right now.  Which is probably giving him great joy in knowing he grossed me out a little bit.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

x0xmanda
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008 04:54:55 PM »

So fun coincidence:  My first thought was that DH and I always joke that after the apocalypse, it'll be cockroaches eating twinkies, and that you ought to go as a twinkie!  Or, a can of raid (easily accomplished with a slinky black dress that's stenciled.)  Too fun!

those were my two exact ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo!
loveyalots92
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008 08:35:30 PM »

A shoe. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
call_me_nny
>insert angsty yet clever title here<

this is the life--bo bo bo bo bo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008 11:26:25 PM »

those were my two exact ideas!

hehe same Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i wear black on the outside because black is how i feel on the inside and if i seem a little strange well thats because i am
-the smiths
to going against the grain, going insane, going mad
-rent
Minor drug offenders fill your prisons you dont even flinch All our taxes paying for your wars
-SofD
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Embroidery Transfers
How to Choose Transfer Paper
How to Iron On Numbers to Fabric
How to Apply T-shirt Transfer Papers
How to Custom Design Iron On Transfers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...