A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Pick n Choose Theme Swap Rd2 Gallery  (Read 6213 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SciFunk
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008 08:54:32 PM »

ZOMG I love those t-shirts! The dragon and steampunk designs are way freaking cool. Seriously, SilverWing, if it's okay with Inara, can I commission you to make me one of the Steampunk ones sometime? I need one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inara
I am cute little bunny. I pose no threat to society

It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008 10:03:53 PM »

I forgot to mention the coolest part about the steampunk wings - they're on the back of the shirt, not the front!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep beckons. Also waves. Also makes threatening gestures and hops up and down until I notice. - Neil Gaiman

http://effulgentstudios.etsy.com
http://inara-knits.blogspot.com
SilverWing

dreamer of dreams...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008 10:51:02 PM »

^^  I'm sooooo glad you liked everything!  That's the first time I've tried freezer paper stencils, and I'm totally in love with the outcome.  I cut a few lines on the wings way to close together and didn't notice when the iron caught them, so the first time the feathers all muddled together so I had to re-do it.  At least I learn fast, lol.  I'm thinking I'm going to do a hoodie with the wings for myself soon if I can find a suitable hoodie.  And I'm totally commissionable, SciFunk!  We can do a personal swap if you want.

Oh!  Inara, I forgot to mention, I haven't had a chance to really test out how these do in the wash.  They should be fine, as much fabric medium as I used, and I heat set them as per bottle's instructions, but I'd still probably wash them inside out on gentle the first time to see how it does.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

I <3 personal swaps!

Inara
I am cute little bunny. I pose no threat to society

It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008 05:47:18 PM »

Oh!  Inara, I forgot to mention, I haven't had a chance to really test out how these do in the wash.  They should be fine, as much fabric medium as I used, and I heat set them as per bottle's instructions, but I'd still probably wash them inside out on gentle the first time to see how it does.

Mindreader!  I was planning to message you when I got home from work to ask about washing instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep beckons. Also waves. Also makes threatening gestures and hops up and down until I notice. - Neil Gaiman

http://effulgentstudios.etsy.com
http://inara-knits.blogspot.com
bethanyjoyce
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008 01:54:18 PM »

I finally got home to receive my package and I love it! DaisyTattoo did an awesome job. here are the pics:

Everything altogether

Spiral journal for my book theme

A cute set of coasters for my map theme, already put to good use this morning with our coffee mugs

A beautiful needle roll with fall colors to go with the autumn tree theme I have been needing one forever and this one is perfect! Also already in use

A fascinator for my 20s fashion theme! I had to hide this from my cat right away, her eyes got so big when she saw it. Yeah, this is an awkward self timer photo of me modeling it.

An Amelie stenciled shirt for my Amelie theme! This has got to be the coolest stencil ever, great job!

Thank you for everything, this swap was so fun  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008 01:59:29 PM »

Gorgeous package!  Another fabulous stencilled tee!  I must learn how to cut a stencil because the ones I have seen look so awesome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
DaisyTattoo
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008 02:12:01 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything!  Cheesy I was worried the hair fascinator would fall apart on the way there so I put the leftover feathers and flowers in the box in case you needed to fix it.

And my bf asked me (after I sent of course) why I used a green shirt. I chose that one because it is the color of the background the stencil came from off of the movie. The stencil actually turned out better than I had expected. I'm glad it fits you so good!

I really am overjoyed you like the knitting needle roll because that was probably my biggest sewing adventure lol.

I know you said you like history books, thus the quotes on the journal and the time thingy's.

The coasters I tried a couple of ways to make and these ones turned out the best. I hope they work well Smiley

This really has been my favorite swap so far! Thanks for being a great partner bethanyjoyce  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TSmith
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008 04:05:28 PM »

Wow, great stenciling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
It's new and very bare. Sad
SilverWing

dreamer of dreams...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008 08:38:07 PM »

^^  I recieved from Inara on Saturday, but I've only  just now had a chance to get pictures of all the awesomeness!  First, a group shot:

Theme 1: Nana (anime) - totally awesome t-shirt from my favorite anime series!  I love it!

Theme 2: seven of spades - etched dog tag

Theme 3: World of Warcraft (horde) - an ever useful quest log book (in group photo) and two pairs of fabulous earrings!

Theme 4: Wist surprise - a stamping kit - she made me two adorable stamps, one with a wing for my Craftster username, and one with a lemon for my etsy name!  Plus inks and a cute box to hold everything!

Theme 5: The Cheshire Cat - the coolest thing ever, hand knit socks!  I can't knit and those who can, amaze me.  Plus these are extra fantastic, when you look at an angle, you can see a cat!  The pics don't do them justice at all, but you can somewhat see the cat and his long tail running up the sock and curling.  They're incredible!  And they're super comfy!

I love everything!  Thank you so much Inara!  And I have to ask, where did you get the tee from for the Nana shirt?  It's the softest thing ever, it's amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

I <3 personal swaps!

emerri
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008 03:45:40 AM »

I received from moolookyloo1 a couple of days ago. Sorry it has taken me so long to post pics.
What an awesome partner!!!

My themes were, in no particular order
Mushrooms
owls
Green
Poppies
apples and pears

firstly a pic of the whole lot - sorry that some of the pics are blurry.

mushrooms - earings

Green Oven mit and hot pad

Poppies - a poppy flower and a poppy picture

owls - a cute little purse and a little owl charm

Apples and Pears - an apple bag and some cool real looking apples and pear

And she even threw in a book on how to knit socks - i have been wanting to learn this for so long.

Thankyou so much moolookyloo1 It has been so fun and I love everything!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Perfect Holiday Waves in 10 Minutes Flat
Hair Tips: Dealing With Hat Hair
How to Do a Fishtail Bun
How to Do a Milkmaid Plait
How to Do a Waterfall Plait
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...