A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Rockin' Beatles dress and a few other bits I made for my monkey girl  (Read 1509 times)
Tags for this thread: beatles  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kjbullock
« on: September 01, 2008 07:05:13 PM »

This is my first post though, I have lurked for a while now. All of the photos are sideways....sorry I can't figure out how to turn them on here. I have been sewing for about 2 weeks now. I think I have taken to it pretty quickly thought nothing I have made so far is perfect, it is getting better. This is about half of what I have made so far, and I pretty much never use patterns, I know the shock and horror.

Sorry about the horrid quality of the photos, my camera is being sent to the shop so these were all taken on the blackberry. I hope nobody gets a kink in the neck trying to view them sideways and all.  Tongue

The red stripey guy with the arm covers is actually a shirt though she was trying to pull it off as a dress.

The too small kitty hat was the first thing I have ever sewed on a machine.

The light pink dress has since had the neckline changed a bit.

The Beatles dress is a combo of Vegbees peasant dress, and kitchykoo's double elastic neck dress... with some alterations. Same goes for the brown dress with the gold silk neck. The Beatles dress is a big hit the couple of times she has worn it we have gotten a lot of nice comments and people asking if I could sell them one. They should see the strings on the inside though, ha!

The little jacket now has buttons.

Comments and suggestions are of course very welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
narhloki
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008 07:24:04 PM »

there is soo much cuteness here!! I love most the armlets and the fabric on the last one is to die for.

I love it all, and by the looks so does she!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjbullock
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008 07:34:16 PM »

Thanks, she was asleep when I made the arm warmer guys and I just guessed at the size of her little arms and they fit perfectly and they stay in place without being tight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dez-igns
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008 08:58:36 PM »

wow thats one lucky girl! I love the beatles dress oh so much!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So you, could spend the morning walkin with me, quite amazed. As I am unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed.
http://www.dezignsforkidz.etsy.com
straightpin
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008 10:04:46 PM »

You have a great eye for fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KitschyCoo
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008 11:31:14 PM »

What a good job you've done with all of your creations... I can't believe you've only been sewing two weeks!

I'm so excited that your Beatles dress came out so well, thanks for posting the pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LindseyPeek519
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008 04:21:33 AM »

Those are all amazing! I really love the Beatles dress, and where is everyone getting this fabric? I saw a quilt made from it, and now this dress, and it seems to be in every state except mine! The red striped is too cute. You've got great style for your little monkey - she looks much better than the Hannah Montana clones that shop at Penney's!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heathersy

she came to recon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008 09:23:24 AM »

That mod little stripey dress is brilliant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cats know where my Sharpie went but they ain't tellin'.
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008 09:46:15 AM »

much good stuff here!  The suiting jacket is lovely.  Love the beatles one, of course, esp the tulle (assuming) on the bottom.  I was going to give kitchykoo's neckline a go here as soon as I get a chance... its rather fetching, yes?

what is the material of the last one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjbullock
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008 05:38:06 PM »

I actually got the Beatles fabric at a Walmart, they had some cute Elvis stuff too. Grandma is obsessed with the Beatles so I figured it would be a nice little treat since we are flying out there to see her next week. I am going to try and make Grandma a matching purse. If only they had some David Bowie fabric my child would really love it. I got the red stripy knit there as well.

The bottom dress is a brown cotton that came embroidered and sequined for just $2.50 a yard..... I can't remember where I got it though, The neckline is made from a gold satin that I was so nervous to try and sew but it worked out well.

I can't thank you all enough for the lovely comments especially KitschyKoo and Vegbee... I credit you both with the inspiration for a lot of the things.

---- The black stuff on the bottom of the Beatles dress was just called fuzzy fringe on the bolt, it is pretty soft and was really easy to use. I love the stuff!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Hair for an Oval Face
How to Cut Curly Hair for a Round Face
Perfect Haircut For My Face: Trish Fermin - Oval Face Straight Hair
Hair Extensions For Fine Hair
Volumizing Limp Locks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...