A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
768 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Less than 4 months til xmas/end of year deadline craftalong?  (Read 5660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2008 05:01:03 PM »

I have a long list of things I want to make before xmas... not all for gifts, mainly things that I wanted to do before the end of the year..

Anyone up for posting up their to do lists and posting pictures of their finished loot as it all gets done?

On my list..
This mummy..
http://people.howstuffworks.com/halloween-decorations13.htm
a fabric wrapped pumpkin bowl
a Halloween quilted wallhanging - or two Grin

then to move on to the next few bigguns....
a really big two sided quilt for each of my sons
a quilt for my own bed
there is no way I'll get these done now Sad
at least two new patterns each week for my website
Christmas placemats using this design
http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Pack.aspx?CS_Catalog=Emblibrary&CS_ProductID=X4966
a new hoodie for my youngest son
a tree skirt - possibly two
A tote bag for each of the kids' teachers...
sandwich wraps whoo hooo done - okay. I added that after finishing them Cheesy
Another teacher gift - a machine knit cabled wrap for one of the teachers I help at school... I wanted to make it last year and never got around to it so I'm crossing my fingers I can get it done this year!!
a crocheted Major? Tomberry for Logan.  He really really wants me to make him one.

I do believe this list is going to grow as I remember all the things that I want to make.
I just figured I should post this challenge up to see if anyone is up to it - or if it is already in the works somewhere I will join in on it!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008 07:49:02 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
SugarySweet
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008 06:44:41 PM »

I want to make a lot of gifts this year. I don't really have a list yet, but I need to get that done. There's not all that much time left.  Undecided

I love that little Mummy, I am going to make one for our home, I don't know if anyone would want that for Christmas though.  Cry Unless I make a gift of differant holiday decoration for the the families with kids. hmmmm....a little something for each holiday or season? Something to think about there!

I'll start think about it over the next few days and then post it here in this post.

I know I want to do some embroidery for a few people and make a little cheerleader poppet to match our niece's cheer outfit. She's 6.

Mom-Bird in Ornate Cage
http://www.needlecrafter.com/SearchKey/SearchKeywords_detail.php?refNum=10141&PHPSESSID=228d897126378bec7d7f187bcd57a11b

embroidered towels

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008 06:47:08 PM by KimsCozyKitchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008 07:44:53 PM »

I'm fairly sure I'll be making at least a nightgown for my mother for Christmas.
Here's my list so far:

Costume for DD (to be done by Halloween-ish: if she's not going to an anime convention, she's still planning on going out in it)
Nightgown for my mom
Jacket for DD
teal dress for Christmas
Knitted snake for DS (stockinette tube that will be stuffed when it's long enough)
toddler mittens (I bought the sewbaby pattern: I think it's this one but it doesn't look quite the same)
I've been thinking about making my MIL a stained glass quilt, but I think I need more time to do it.   Undecided

As usual, I'm sure I can come up with more if I spend time looking for something, not including the huge number of links that I have for crafty projects, both in my craftster bookmarks, and my browser bookmarks (on two different computers, even).

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009 12:15:28 PM by Muria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
rockon
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008 05:32:47 PM »

I am glad to find some kindred spirits!  All my friends tease me about starting crafting for winter holidays in Sept!

My list:

A pair of mittens and a hat for my mom

a garden journal (for his bday) for my dad

a hat made of angora goat wool for my dad for the holidays(who knew angora goats existed?  My dad raises goats, not angora but I figure he'll appreciate it anyway) (this is half done)

hand bound notebooks, address books and sketch books (made from computer paper left over from the dot matrix, used kid's board books and vintage wallpaper samples or scrapbooking paper bought on mega sale) for my mass-gift-production-with-a-friend-annual-tradition gifts for people I need to give something to without a lot of personalization (we've started and have about 15 made already)

scrabble tile pendants for a few girlfriends and my cousin and sister (about 10 done)

handbound, personalized journal for my sister (done)

photo albums for my brother and a friend

personalized coloring books for another friend who is addicted to staying in the lines

Huh for my step mother the teacher Huh

Huh for my other step mother (yes, I have 2 step mothers.  One goes with my dad, one with my mom) the lawyer???

a hat and mittens with snowflakes or reindeer or something for my roommate (a man with a developmental disability whom I take care of) (how hard are snowflakes?)

Some homemade board/card games for him (any ideas on those?)

Our favorite recipes in a homemade cookbook with step-by-step pictures for him

a homemade cookbook of basics (like boiling eggs) for a kitchen-challenged friend

felted fortune cookies from this pattern (http://indigomuse.blogspot.com/2006/01/felted-fortune-cookies_30.html) for a few friends

Oy!  I am being very ambitous, I know, but I am bound and determined to do a completely handmade holiday.    If anyone has ideas (especially for what to make for my super picky, super cantankerous set of step-moms) please let me know.

Rock on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008 05:58:20 PM »

I finished two whopping blocks for one of the quilts I will be making.. Okay.  I have to confess. They were left over from a quilted wall hanging I made for superhooker - that I can hardly wait til she gets!
But it IS a start, right??!!

I am going to set up in the living room right now and work on one of the designs for my site.  I promised myself I would finish these two guys up by the end of the week so I can get them tested... and I just bought the most fabulous black and green Halloween cat fabric..!  I am just seeing houses for that one.. spooky looking houses on a wall quilt.... It will be so much fun!  I will be starting on that one next week I think!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Muria
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008 06:13:20 AM »

Three of my current projects require black thread.  There isn't any in the box I've been putting thread in.  Either I need to go to the store (bad), or I need to do some intensive looking (daunting).  I suppose looking for thread is better for me than sitting around online all day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Beginning wister
krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008 05:30:10 PM »

..Perfect for me!  I can be such a big procrastinator..the minute I "have" to do something it becomes a chore and then I don't want to do it...

I have two felted pillows to finish up
a couple of T-shirts to transfer on ( easy peasy if I get off my hiney and do it)

AND the biggie... 18 travel mugs to personalize... I ordered them from Oriental trading Co..the kind with paper linings to decorate... well... I was going to put fabric and some embroidery  as the liners and pass them out as the drink glasses at the family Christmas party....

I also need to finish two pillow cases for our bedroom... we are in the midst of a remodel and the only thing left is the floor  so I need to get these done pacey pacey...

then of course there is the big idea of crocheting stockings for all 18 folks at the family get together...

.. then of course there is the new craft I want to try... there is a shop in the same strip mall where my son has Spanish class ..any how.. the shop has this ceramicware you can paint and they fire it for you... how fun to do a popcorn bowl for my dh for Christmas... except I have never done anything like this before and my painting skills have always been zip....

So... I also need a good car project as we leave for the beach tomorrow for 3 days and I have 3 hours of travel to get there.... probably will take a crochet project ...something I don't have to think about much ..might do soap savers for the local VA hospital to stick in the Christmas boxes...

I'll update when I actually DO something... I have a famous talent for lists.... action... not so much....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008 03:45:15 AM »

krazy - if you are worried about your painting skills, how bout do a sponge painting abstract on it then?  That would be cool!

I have been working very hard the past week on a project for work.  I was given 3 projects since starting this and yup. been working on them since.  sigh.  I am hoping to get them kicked out so that I can get back to life again!  That would be really nice to say the least.  Next up is the sandwich wraps for the kids and making that mummy for the front door.... then I will chisel away at more of the list...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008 05:38:09 AM »

..abstract WOULD be good... my forte in art is a bunny from the backside... although my kids would get a kick out of behind bunny dinnerware.....

This peep of mine on another board crocheted all of her goodies for the trick or treaters... how motivated is that?Huh??
..I just get really really distracted... I start something and then see something else I HAVE to try...

Can't wait to see your mummy CD..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008 07:42:32 AM »

This peep of mine on another board crocheted all of her goodies for the trick or treaters... how motivated is that?Huh??

I suppose that depends on how many children come by.  My friend said that she had less than 10 trick or treaters at her condo.  Whereas, I have closer to 60 (I think. I really ought to take a head count this year, just to see).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Beginning wister
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Format Function
Canon G10: Set Flash Function
Canon G10: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Canon G10: Set Delete Function
Canon G10: Set Auto Mode Function
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...