A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anniversary-type-thing ideas  (Read 808 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

koikana
« on: September 01, 2008 04:19:24 PM »

So, it is closing in on the day that my boyfriend and I first "met" online. We met through OKCupid, neither of us was really looking for a relationship, but we messaged eachother pretty much all day for a week, then arranged to meet in person, and almost immediately started dating.

While I think it's silly, I'm still sorta wanting to commemorate the occasion by doing something for him.

I went on the site and copy-pasted all of our messages back and forth so I would be sure to save them recently, and I thought about doing something with them, maybe take some memorable things that were said (like our conversation about the zombie novel I was working on at the time that never took off, or the minor flirting that went on, and put them on scraps of paper and...

I have no idea. There's a LOT of these messages (70+ from each of us, so about 130 or so) and I want to do something entertaining with it.

I have a bit of time, just looking for ideas.

He's REALLY into roleplay gaming and puzzles, and has recently mentioned he wants a wallet size photo of me for his wallet, so I'm thinking about adding some photos for him to have. Unfortunately I only have one of us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slaying Stress Bunnies- My crafty projects/anxiety blog
fcukluva
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008 11:01:49 AM »

Scrapbooks always seem to go down well. Why don't you make a mini scrapbook with quotes of some of the things you said to each other?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soleilandjune
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008 06:49:54 PM »

How about a picture frame? You could collage it with your conversation logs and put pictures of characters from RPGs you both enjoy on it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
athena394
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008 04:31:43 PM »

I made magnetic poetry from emails my boyfriend and I sent back and forth. All the words in the poetry came from the messages. That was pretty neat Smiley

Its easy, you can either get the magnetic printer paper or just glue sheets of paper you printed onto the magnets and cut them out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Tissue Paper Carnations
How to Make Tissue Flowers
How to Make a Bag Out of Paper
How to Make a Felted Fabric Sandwich
How to Create a Memory Map Board
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...