A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any men on here?  (Read 1458 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

g0rehouse
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009 04:19:22 AM »

My great-grandmother's husband did some amazing needlepoint. He learned as a little boy, like, 85 years ago. He grew up in Minnesota, and he said that it was the only thing that kept him sane during the long winters. His mom probably taught him so that he wouldn't drive her up the wall, too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures."

http://blacksheepcreations.etsy.com
AcrophobicPixie
Resident Piximacated Person

Kneesocks of DOOOM! DOOOM, I say!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009 06:36:34 AM »

My Mr. Man isn't a member, but he is a crafty guy. He fails at needle work of any type, though. So, if he gets an idea for a favour or something for when we go renfairing, he typically draws up a sketch for me, or helps me plan out the design.

But, his main crafty thing is leatherwork and those little model guys for Warhammer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't piss off Pixie's... they tend to be mean when they swarm!
beelisty
bitchin' stitcher

* <3 *

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009 12:33:17 PM »

my grandpa is the one who taught me to sew; unfortunately he's passed on.

i'm a virgo who should have been an engineer--that's why i love stitching.  all the men i know offline are knitters because minnesota is cold and x-stitch doesn't keep your ears warm. Cheesy

but mr. x, i love what you're bringing to the x-stitch universe.  you rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make my portrait patterns using PC Stitch.

let me listen to me & not to them.--gertrude stein

gallery: http://www.beelisty.com
blog: http://beelisty.wodpress.com
group blog: http://queercraft.wordpress.com
shop: http://epeolatry.etsy.com
MrXStitch
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009 12:37:46 PM »

but mr. x, i love what you're bringing to the x-stitch universe.  you rock!

Thanks Beelisty - right back atcha!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit MrXStitch.com to see the best in contemporary embroidery!
Do you hang out at The Phat Quarter?
It's the Mr X Stitch Facebook Fan Page!
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009 03:12:34 PM »

My guy is a much better cross stitcher than I am!  My backs aren't anything to write home about, but his are perfect since he is very focused. 

He isn't a member, as he doesn't spend that much time on the computer; however, I keep showing him all of the neat stuff I find when I poke around and he does enjoy it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
MyPhotoStitch
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009 11:31:21 PM »

So I'm a guy, but to be fair I'm still starting my first x-stitch.  I've gotten interested in x-stitching and other needlework through a very non-traditional method.  My sister becoming more crafty, but was complaining that pattern making software was expensive for someone starting out.  Since I'm a computer science student, I said "hey, I can write a program that'll do the basics of that for you".  So I've gotten interested in it from that point of view. 

However, the more I worked on it, the more fascinated I became with the ways in which technology and crafts can interact.  I'm planning on a few other projects exploring that, but in the meanwhile I've decided that I want to try my hand at x-stitching.  I'm currently designing a pattern (a portrait of Einstein) that I'm hoping to start this weekend Smiley  Pictures will be posted when they're ready Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Free online photo -> cross stitch pattern maker.  Check it out at http://www.myphotostitch.com/  (think of it as a replacement for the beloved, but now gone, Dark Lilac)
mstelena
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009 07:00:26 PM »

My uncle used to do a lot of embroidery, so did a lot of his friends (they were sailors...there's a long history of sewing and other needlecrafts among the sailors).

My son isn't on this site, but he's 18 now and he's been doing cross stitch for about a dozen years (off and on).  He's currently working on one of Theresa Wentzler's free dragon patterns (I hope I spelled the name right). 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Baked Beans Recipe
BBQ Potato Chips Recipe
Lighter Three-Cheese Mac
Chocolate Stout Cake Recipe
Green Eggs and Ham Omelet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...