A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feedback please!  (Read 5387 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cirobi
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008 11:49:37 AM »

You sir are made of awesome.  I've spent tons of time trying to search out movie/gaming patterns but it's really up to us to create them since traditionally it's the pretty stuff that sells in stores.  You actually reminded me that I have to stop being lazy and put together a pattern for the Horde symbol from World of Warcraft for my boyfriend.  Of course, I have so many patterns I want to stitch or create from images that I'll be busy for the next couple decades!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty" ~The Cruxshadows
g0rehouse
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009 04:25:46 AM »

OMEffingG. Those are pretty badass. Sadly, while my boyfriend is in total awe of my stitching, and even though he can spend three days perfecting a 30 second section of a song, he 'doesn't have the patience' for cross stitch.

I'm, like, pretty close to being a boy (if you push aside the whole being-a-girl part) and I'd snatch those up in a heartbeat.

If you make the zombie ones, I just might die and go to heaven eat your brains.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures."

http://blacksheepcreations.etsy.com
Mellifluous
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009 05:42:21 PM »

I would totally buy something like this. I have a brother who is into comics and I haven't been able to find any good patterns of comic characters to do for him. I don't suppose you have a Spider Man anywhere up your sleeve do you? (that one would be for me  Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MrXStitch
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009 06:13:17 PM »

I would totally buy something like this. I have a brother who is into comics and I haven't been able to find any good patterns of comic characters to do for him. I don't suppose you have a Spider Man anywhere up your sleeve do you? (that one would be for me  Smiley)

I'll see what I can do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit MrXStitch.com to see the best in contemporary embroidery!
Do you hang out at The Phat Quarter?
It's the Mr X Stitch Facebook Fan Page!
lisalady161
Domestic Goddess & Closet Anarchist

...it's beautiful, and so are you...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009 07:40:06 PM »

First off, I want to tell you that those patterns rule...I married a comic-book geek 18 years ago and I would definitely stitch something like Wolverine for him and he would definitely love it!

I'm with dollbecky in that I don't have the patience or stick-to-it-tive-ness (I know its not a word, sorry) for x-stitch.  Plus my eyes aren't what they use to be and those little X's tend to run together for me.

If you did a straight embroidery or even a shaded print I'd pay you for it!

And while you're rummaging through your comic book stashes...how's about The Crow, Sin City or The Sandman?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'First your pants, then your shoes' - Gary Larson, The Far Side
Mellifluous
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009 07:16:27 PM »

I'll see what I can do!

Cool! I'll keep checking.

And while you're rummaging through your comic book stashes...how's about The Crow, Sin City or The Sandman?

Sandman would be good. That's a character you don't see around much on anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Etheren
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009 08:26:51 AM »

Mr X Stitch- First off, I love all the inspiring embroidery art on your site.

I was going to suggest finding an artist who is willing to work with you- maybe a graffiti or tattoo artist.  The trouble with making comic book or graphic novel cross stitch charts is that you will have to pay to license the characters to sell the patterns.  I did see some patterns on your site that looked as if they were graffiti-inspired, so perhaps you are already doing this. 

The ghost rider pattern does look really, really cool. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kuckyjune

A pox? How delightful, a pox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009 02:33:54 PM »

These are awesome!! I don't know any men who cross stitch, but I know several who would love to recieve these as gifts. The ones you did are great, but don't forget Iron Man! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009 02:34:37 PM »

So, any chance of doing some Watchmen stuff? Since the movie is coming out soon Wink Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kuckyjune

A pox? How delightful, a pox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009 04:52:58 PM »

These are awesome!! I don't know any men who cross stitch, but I know several who would love to receive these as gifts. The ones you did are great, but don't forget Iron Man! Grin

Oops, just read the rest of the posts! Can't believe I almost missed all the other designs. Tongue
I just showed these to my husband and he flipped! I don't think he realised cross stitch could be so involved (mine surely aren't  Wink) He also wanted me to suggest The Walking Dead as source material for zombie patterns. Also George Romero's Toe Tags.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009 04:56:31 PM by kuckyjune » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Finding and Archiving Digital Images
Camera Settings For Panoramic Stitching
In choosing a Digital Camera do Megapixels matter?
Photography and the Green Screen
Motion Capture Texturing Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...