A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Children's Ongoing Wishlist Swap-round 2  (Read 4349 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 31, 2008 07:31:43 PM »

An ongoing swap geared towards kids!
This is for child crafting/supplies - please do not list things other than for kids or to be used for child crafts

For people thinking of joining - you can join this swap at any time during the month.  When you see something that someone wants you can stake a crafty claim(on the last list or current list posted not one burried up by other posts Wink)  So you can pick what you want to make and when.  It will give you some crafty freedom.
The more the merrier with an Ongoing Swap so if you have kids or want things made for kids you know this will be a great swap for you!

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Summertimerolls
co-organizer:
Sign-up date range: (9/1/01-9/30/08)
Date to send item by: 14 days after claiming

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Age requirement?  13

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*: When sending PMs, please label them as OCWS 2 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

This will help me stay organized.  Also, please include the send by date with any package sent or received.

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 36.

Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions.

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF SIX ITEMS FOR A CHILD.  You can join wanting to receive for a child other than your own.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.  Also site examples/links to tutorials/finished items, that helps A LOT

(Please have your list ready, this swap can move very quickly!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.   

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 wishes at one time, others are allowed 2 wishes.  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish until your craft is received for this month.  Do not choose over your given limit.
 If you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit of wishes, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.
***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

Let's keep the quality high here. I don't want to receive PMs with people concerned over the lack of quality of their items.  Please, just work your hardest to keep the bar high on the quality of items here!  Don't choose just for the sake of choosing; choose to make someone else a really AWESOME wish!

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a day, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they can think of anything else, until someone decides to craft for them. Please make sure this is not you!

Unsure of where to find wish ideas?

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU WILL BE GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium )
( A medium item equals two hours of crafting time or 20$ worth of store bought items )

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want.  After one week past the deadline you will have negative feedback.  This is only temporary as it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not choose to craft an item if you do not think you can meet these deadlines.

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- did not follow item amount rule

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous OWS rounds to see how an OWS works:
Round 36 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254441.0

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer
Summertimerolls

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name and address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)

To join our discussion:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=266466.0

Round 1 gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=265258.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008 10:26:09 AM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008 07:36:19 PM »

Who has signed up:
strike through = feedback given
3 claims
bkrenning4 (0,0,0)
catrinau (1,1,1)
girlosun_9 (2,2,2)
igobylorib (0,0,0)
kaymadben (0,0,0)

sajona (2,2,2)
summertimerolls (2,2,2)
[javascript:void(0);member]superhooker[/member] (1,1,1)
Zelda.Suicide(1,1,1)

2 claims

Jinkies (0,0,0)

1 claim
brilor (1,1,1)
scmileyfan (1,0,0)
unjugetito (1,1,1)

Blue - sent
Green - received
Purple - late with communication
Red - late by 1 week with no communication.  Negative temporarily placed in feedback
Send by:

September 15th
brilor to Catrinau for a robot stuffie and monster applique shirt
September 19
sajona to brilor for dino stuff for Sean and superhero cape for Tyler
Catrinau to sajona for an amigurumi Zoidberg from Futurama and an amigurumi Mario. Smiley
September 21
girlosun_9 to Catrinau for a cool bag for Niko for a couple of changes of clothing with perhaps one of his liked themes.
September 25
Summertimerolls to girlosun_9 for a Molly Monkey doll
September 27
CJKJ to summertimerolls for cool barrettes.
superhooker to CJKJ for a knitted hat in brown and orange!
September 28
girlosun_9 to superhooker for a soft guitar!
October 1
Zelida.Suicide to girlosun_9 for crocheted baking set.
October 6
CJKJ to Zelda.Suicide for some belts.
October 13
scmileyfan to CJKJ for a puppet
October 14
unjugetito to scmileyfan for a crayon roll with note pad
October 15
summertimerolls to unjugetito for a bunch of fun surprises
sajona to summertimerolls for a claim a chore chart! (and maybe non fighting spray if I can get my printer working!)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008 01:34:18 PM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008 07:49:55 PM »

Saved just in case
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008 08:29:37 PM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008 08:30:12 PM »

This round we will be starting with: Catrina's list.

I claim craftydeb for 2 altered books!!

1 claimed, 1 sent, 0 received

Hi!!  My name is Catrina and I'm the WAHM of 3 little boys in western NY.

Timmy
is 4.  He wears a 5 pants and a 6 shirt.  Size 13 shoe.
   Likes: Transformers, Little Bill, Star Wars, Legos, pirates and anything robots.  His favorite color is orange.
Stuffies or amigurimi made in his fave characters.
Some cool stenciled, handpainted or tie dyed shirts for him for pre-k (long sleeve would be best since we are coming into cool months).
Some rad looking winter hat for school.
Something cool, not the same old basic cap.
Pajama pants.
Starwars, pirates, cowboys, knights type costume/dress up stuff.
He is OBSESSED with puzzles, so anything to do with puzzles would be awesome.
Perhaps a handmade polymer/sculpey transformers Christmas ornament.
A cool bag to carry a few changes of clothes to gramma's house in.  Something he'd like to carry.  Perhaps a backpack.
A cool bank.
Robot dolls
Some T-shirts
More Tshirts
Cool Robot Stuffie
Cool lunch bag
Reusable sandwich bags
Superhero stuffies
r2d2 hat
r2d2 finger puppet
r2d2 ornament
r2d2 halloween costume
stormtrooper snowglobe
robot zipper pulls
robot pillow
Any of these robots
star wars dolls
THIS AWESOME HAT!!!!

Niko
is 3.  He wears a size 4 pants and a 5 shirt.  Size 10 shoe.
   Likes: Spongebob, Diego, pirates, knights, horses and is obsessed with dragons and dinosaurs.  His favorite color is red.
Some cool stenciled, handpainted or tie dyed shirts (long sleeve would be best since we are coming into cool months).
Something dragon related to hang on his wall.
Window clings in his fave characters.
Pajama pants.
A cool winter hat - something a little neater than the normal boring hat.
Perhaps a handmade polymer/sculpey type Dragon ornament for Christmas.
A cool bag to carry a few changes of clothes to gramma's house in.  Something he'd like to carry.  Perhaps a backpack.
A cool bank.
Monster applique shirt.
Sock monkey
Superhero stuffies
dragon scarf
dragon stuffie
dragon backpack
dragon hat

Adrian
is 2.  He wears a size 2 pants and a size 3 shirt.  Size 8 shoe.
   Likes: Dora (do you know how hard it is to find NON pink stuff that is Dora related?), trucks and tractors.  His favorite color is yellow, with a close second of orange.  He loves t-shirt material.  At night he goes into his dresser and steals yellow t-shirts and takes them into bed with him to rub on his face.
Wooden toys.
A yellow and/orange small blankie made out of tshirt material.
Some cool stenciled, painted or tie dyed shirts (long sleeve would be best since we are coming into cool months).
Pajama pants.
A really cool winter hat - something a little different than the normal boring hat.
Perhaps a cool polymer/sculpey tractor ornament for Christmas.
A cool bank.
Something like this outfit, but in Adrian's size.
Shirts with a gluten free message (Adrian has Celiac Disease ... so something with a "Silly Yak" would be cool too.)
Elmo towel
Superhero stuffies
pirate stuffie
knitted Boots from Dora

An acorn family

ANYTHING in my wist that is child related, but in the sizes given for the boys up above. Smiley

For my nephews

Zak: Sewn, boyish Nintendo DS holder with room to carry his mp3 player as well.
Vinny: (3 years old) Matchbox car carrier.  Something to carry 5-10 cars maybe.  A really cool winter hat.
Xander: (2 years old) Matchbox car carrier.  Something to carry 5-10 cars.  A really cool winter hat. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catrinau
Crocheter. Graphic Designer. Mother.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008 10:56:17 AM »

Posting so the linkies will work ....

Timmy
   Likes: Transformers, Little Bill, Star Wars, Legos, pirates and anything robots.  His favorite color is orange.

Some cool stenciled, handpainted or tie dyed shirts for him for pre-k (long sleeve would be best since we are coming into cool months). 
Pajama pants. 
A cool bank.
Robot dolls
Some T-shirts
More Tshirts
Cool Robot Stuffie
Cool lunch bag
Reusable sandwich bags
Superhero stuffies
r2d2 hat
r2d2 finger puppet
r2d2 ornament
r2d2 halloween costume
stormtrooper snowglobe
robot zipper pulls
robot pillow
Any of these robots
star wars dolls
THIS AWESOME HAT!!!!

Niko
   Likes: Spongebob, Diego, pirates, knights, horses and is obsessed with dragons and dinosaurs.  His favorite color is red.

Some cool stenciled, handpainted or tie dyed shirts (long sleeve would be best since we are coming into cool months). 
Pajama pants. 
A cool bank.
Monster applique shirt.
Sock monkey
Superhero stuffies
dragon scarf
dragon stuffie
dragon backpack
dragon hat

Adrian
   Likes: Dora (do you know how hard it is to find NON pink stuff that is Dora related?), trucks and tractors.  His favorite color is yellow, with a close second of orange.  He loves t-shirt material.  At night he goes into his dresser and steals yellow t-shirts and takes them into bed with him to rub on his face.

Wooden toys. 
Some cool stenciled, painted or tie dyed shirts (long sleeve would be best since we are coming into cool months). 
Pajama pants. 
A really cool winter hat - something a little different than the normal boring hat.
A cool bank.
Shirts with a gluten free message (Adrian has Celiac Disease ... so something with a "Silly Yak" would be cool too.)
Elmo towel
Superhero stuffies
pirate stuffie
knitted Boots from Dora

An acorn family

ANYTHING in my wist that is child related, but in the sizes given for the boys up above. Smiley 

For my nephews

Vinny: (3 years old) Matchbox car carrier.  Something to carry 5-10 cars maybe.  A really cool winter hat. 
Xander: (2 years old) Matchbox car carrier.  Something to carry 5-10 cars.  A really cool winter hat. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brilor
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008 03:14:57 PM »

I claim Catrinau for a robot stuffie and monster applique shirt
This is my first claim, 0 sent, 0 received

Hi my name is Lori and I live in Long Island, New york. This will be my first swap and I am super excited! This looks like so much fun! I have 3 boys...
Jimmy- age 12 almost 13 yikes! (almost a teenager). He is tall and slim. He loves to listen to music, skateboard, and play xbox360.
He wears a pattern size 14 and retail size 16 bottoms
pj pants with a music, skulls(like tattoo looking fabric not pirate) or skateboard theme would be great.
a case for his Ipod touch made from felt or fabric would be very cool.
It also get pretty cold here in the winter so a knitted or crochet hat and scarf would keep him toasty
He has reading glasses so a quilted eyeglass case with some cool fabric would be fabulous.
He would love some surfer/skater type necklaces or bracelets (the leather cord and it has a cool charm or shell or picture hanging from it) or something made out of hemp

My Sean- is age 7
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 in clothing. he loves star wars, dinosaurs, sharks, spongebob & Ben10
pj pants- any boy theme
Monster stuffies- some Ben 10 alien like stuffies would be awesome
a cool bank- any medium, just boyish would be good.
he plays football, so something with a football theme like pillow, pillow case, quilt, pencil case
absolutely anything STARWARS and I mean anything.... He loves everything starwars related

My Tyler is 6
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 (he's my little chunky monkey)
He loves skateboarding, Ben10 and everthing Disney.
pj pants- Disney theme of some sort would be nice.
stuffies- any type of fun monster or alien he just loves them! He still needs to sleep with something at night (shhh don't tell anyone)
he loves to wear hats! so any type of fleece, knitted or crochet animal or monster hat would be fun
he likes to pretend to be a super hero so a hero type cape would be great.
He has a bean bag toss game that he loves and he would love to have some new bean bags to toss around (finishes size 4x4) would be great.
an eye spy game would also be nice.

sorry I don't know how to add the links to pictures of items.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sajona
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008 09:37:56 AM »

I claim for dino stuff for Sean and superhero cape for Tyler

first claim of 3

Hi, Im sajona from the UK, I have 4 kids, no pets and a IT consultant DH. We live in chaos just north of London .
I havent given a specific list as I am happy for you to use your imagination they love getting things in the post! The boys always seem to miss out on crafty goodies so do pick them if you can ☺

S aged 14 : Spends his entire waking hours on the computer if he possibly can do or the Wii or XBOX360. He has grown up with Nintendo  - especially Mario so anything with that theme would go down well. He hates sports and is quite happy being a geek ☺
He loves music too especially Linkin Park.
Favourite programmes: Heroes and The Simpsons
Fave colours: blue and black
Fits size 15/16 Mens size small.

J  aged 11 loves World War 2 tanks and all military stuff especially American and Japanese stuff.  His bedroom has this theme so any storage items, books, pictures that would work would be great.
Patterns: camoflage, WW11 planes and tanks, soldiers,
Loves drawing especially cartoons and marvel comic style heroes.
Favourite programmes: The Simpsons and Futurama
He fits age 10 t shirts (he is small for his age)
Some hats/scarves would be useful (nothing scratchy he is quite fussy LOL!)
Likes blue, green and red.

N aged 6  has ADHD and is a bit of a handful! He likes Doctor Who in a big way!! He seems to like the classic series as much as the current one. Particularly Daleks and Cybermen. Also likes Spiderman and The Fantastic Four. Enjoys crafts and drawing.
He fits 7/8 clothes.
He likes all colours.
He could also do with cold weather gear and storage items plus drawing pads/colouring pens etc that are unusual.

N aged nearly 3 is a Disney Princess she is totally mad for Little Mermaid, Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast etc etc. Loves dressing up and drawing. She starts ballet this term.
Fits 3-4 size clothes. Loves pink, pink and more pink. Pretty typical for her age I suppose., She does like Hello Kitty too.  Her room is all pink and cream but not that cutesy. Could always use cooler weather clothes I like her in miniboden (www.boden.co.uk)style clothes slightly retro  and hardwearing/washable.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My biz page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinePearceKnitwear
My blog: http://sajona.blogspot.com/
My flikr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95027356@N00/sets/72157602013921043
Catrinau
Crocheter. Graphic Designer. Mother.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008 10:44:41 AM »

I claim sajona for an amigurumi Zoidberg from Futurama and an amigurumi Mario. Smiley

This is claim 1 of 3. 

Posting so the linkies will work ....

Timmy

Pajama pants. 
A cool bank.
Robot dolls
Some T-shirts
More Tshirts
Cool Robot Stuffie
Cool lunch bag
Reusable sandwich bags
Superhero stuffies
r2d2 hat
r2d2 finger puppet
r2d2 ornament
r2d2 halloween costume
stormtrooper snowglobe
robot zipper pulls
robot pillow
Any of these robots
star wars dolls
THIS AWESOME HAT!!!!

Niko

Pajama pants. 
A cool bank.
Monster applique shirt
Sock monkey
Superhero stuffies
dragon scarf
dragon stuffie
dragon backpack
dragon hat

Adrian

Wooden toys. 
Pajama pants. 
A cool bank.
Elmo towel
Superhero stuffies
pirate stuffie
knitted Boots from Dora

An acorn family

For my nephews

THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlosun_9
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008 03:22:52 PM »

I claim Catrinau for a cool bag for Niko for a couple of changes of clothing with perhaps one of his liked themes. 

This is my first claim of three allowed this round, zero sent, zero received.

A little bit about us.  We are from Maine and spend A LOT of time outdoors; we hike, bike, walk, geocache, and explore.  Our newest activity is biking/riding in the royal carriage (read ride in the bike trailer behind mommy and give directions on how fast/slow mommy is going).  We are a fairly crafty family.  My ten year old loves bold colors and crafting unusual/different things out of craft materials.  My middle child likes pinks, purples, and browns as well as elephants; she also likes anything we call a craft project.  My youngests--who turned 2 several days ago) loves monkeys and soft fabrics. 

Crafted Items:

Knitted Hats to fit my children.  The youngest is two, middle is four, oldest is ten--heads slightly bigger then average for the two year old and ten year old.

Colorful sock monkey

Felt Food (Sandwhich, Pizza, Breakfast Items, Produce)

Tote bag or bags with an outer pocket for bed time (a pocket for a book and a pocket for pjs).  The oldest likes bold colors and animal prints.  The middle child likes butterflies, purples, pinks, and browns.  The youngest likes monkeys and soft fabrics. 

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9 and there are a lot of ideas here, please feel free to craft something you would like to craft!

Gocco Cards with envelopes.   Deer, owls, trees, acorns, and/or pretty much anything nature inspired.  We are big on writing to friends/family and the children use these cards for that as well as for writing birthday letters.

Felted beads

Another I Spy Bag as we drive in the car quite a bit to geocache and go on hikes/bike rides

A scale model of the solar system that I can hang from the ceiling. 

Crochet baking set (thanks MommyTheMaid for the idea)--either all or part of the set in any color but pink

Molly Monkey http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/2008/07/drum-roll-pleasemolly-monkey-pattern.html

A bracelet like this http://craftgossip.com/blog/id-me-metal-clay-bracelet-tutorial/2008/08/14/ for my oldests.  Her intials are ABI or ALBI (gotta love the hyphenated last names  Grin )

A pendant making kit (for the eldest, this is what she wants to make for Christmas gifts for her friends) like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15000148 or this http://www.makeandtakes.com/links/scrabble-tile-pendant-tutorial or this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14928442

A fabric dollhouse like this http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2008/08/fabric_dollhouse_tutorial.html?CMP=OTC-5JF307375954

An I know this is way beyond huge but I saw it on superhooker's list last round: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66029

Supplies:

Diamond Glaze (my oldest is making magnets and likes the dimension it gives them)

Yardage of fabric featuring elephants (not circus please) or monkeys or anything forest like (cute forest not actual forest) or novelty (lemons, goldfish, bikes, etc.)

This fabric for a quilt/pillowcase/and or wallhanging for my middle child http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14833775

Linen→Used or Thrifted pretty much any color (the middle child does A LOT of embroidery)

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9 that is for children

linen double fold bias tape at least a 1/2 inch (for skirts for the older two)

Little figurines so we can make this: http://www.parenting.com/article/Toddler/Activities/Ocean-in-a-Bottle

unpainted wooden nesting dolls

zippers (again, for skirts)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008 09:02:01 AM by girlosun_9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008 12:29:47 PM »

I claim girlosun_9 for a molly monkey....I'm going to try. 

This is my 1,0,0

Im a 31 SAHM of two.  Olivia and Ben .  We live in Ohio but we do not chant O-H-I-O every time someone says Ohio.    Both of my kids are taking after me a little and love crafts.  They are used to me getting packages in the mail and have been asking to get their own.
Olivia is 7 and in second grade.  She has been taking karate for 2 years and LOVES it.  She is rather serious about it and her goal is her black belt.  Although she is very tough in class, she has a quiet gentleness to her.  Like most little girls, she loves twirly dresses, fingernail polish, and hair accessories.

Ben is 4   and all BOY.  He is a ball of energy.  He too has just started karate classes and seems to really enjoy them.  Ben loves (not even a big enough word.) trains.  He always has, and I have a feeling always will.  He is FUNNY, just one of those naturally goofy kids.

I also have a niece and nephew that are 4 and 1 that I may list things for.  Actually I have 10 nieces and nephews but most are older.
And for the stuff:

Stuffies- funny, goofy non-normal ones

Felt food- we have pizzas.  Would love sandwiches, ice cream, tacos...etc.

t-shirts with something either embroidered or painted on...guitars, trains, cars, karate,boy things size 5 (long sleeves would be good too)
girlie things, princess, crowns, cupcakes, hearts, anything karate Size 8 girls. 

Bath scrubbies

PJ pants for Ben (size 5)

Nightgown for Liv (size Cool

Chore chart

Finger puppets to tell one of the good ol stories.  Goldilocks, Red riding hood, 3 little pigsor any bible story

Puzzlesyou can find blank ones and color on them.  Train themes, karate themes, or some funky patterns

Voice volume controls.  I havent been able to figure out how to make these or I would already made them.

Homemade playdoh

Magic wands
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=253250.0

I spy bags

Headbands with the long fabric tails.  Cool barrettes (this kid has seriously thick hair, so your normal plastic barrettes won't work.  they have to be this kind.  http://www.craftsetc.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=85948&dep=85&cat=24&subcat=5&Search=Y

Anti-fighting spray.  You know you spray the cat if it is doing something you dont likeI need something I can spray the kids.

Fun mixed color crayons-any shape

Supplies
The kids love having their own drawer of craft stuff.  This way Im not yelling DONT TOUCH THAT!

Cookie cutters-
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008 12:46:30 PM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Junot Diaz on the Best Advice He Ever Got
Author Stephen King on the Best Advice He Ever Got
Author Tom Brokaw on the Best Day in His Life
Lynda Obst on Hollywood and Foreign Markets
Family Celebrations with Buddy Valastro
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...