A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,800
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 38  (Read 24362 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008 04:52:37 PM »

I claim bkrenning4 for some wisty-ness.

This is my second claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received.

Hi, Im Mary Ann and I live in the rainy Pacific Northwest, USA. My boyfriend lives on the other side of the country, so that is kinda tough. I have 3 nephews (Sweetie (4), Monster (3) and Stinky (4mo.) My main crafts are soap making and other bath and body (lip balm, lotions, scrubs, bath truffles, masks, etc), crochet, and sewing, but I dabble in jewelry, scrapbooking/card making, cross stitch, embroidery, and anything else that catches my fancy. I like most colors but in certain combinations only, there is a long list in my profile.  I dont like black and hot pink together. No real allergies, except wispy yarn like mohair makes me sneezy and itchy and I can't wear necklaces at all and have to be careful with other jewelry (needs to be loose and high quality/breathable material) because I have contact dermititis. I love hamsters and books and don't care for knick-knacks or amigurami or things that just take up space (I am trying to cut the clutter!) Decorations that can go on the wall are great, versus stuff that needs to sit on a surface. I love large scale floral designs, and nintendo~anything Zelda or Mario!

Crafted projects:

A fun scarf! Something kinda girly but without any frou frou yarn (no fun fur, etc, please)

Or this ruffle scarf. http://www.wists.com/maremare312/0fd9173c7e6f08f4fd12d9652ef04819 Any color

Thread catcher for my sewing machine! I make the biggest mess when I sew.

Quilted/pieced pot holders. Any colors!

A skirt in this style from my wists. http://www.wists.com/maremare312/5d647d11824af63ed2cf3f46724c30f3 Pm for current size, have been off work with Rheumatoid Arthritis for 5 weeks and gaining weight 

More simple, floral or fern (large scale) artwork for my walls. Some examples in my wists.

Clutch purse, I love clutches and can never have enough! I would love a very structured, kinda stiff sewn one in either brights (jewel toned purples, fuschias, blues, yellow and turquoise) or neutrals (browns/tans/creams) or else a knit one, I have received several lovely crocheted ones recently.

Has anybody noticed the plethora of hedgehog adorableness lately? I would love a project bag or tote bag made of hedgehog fabric and/or embroidered with hedgehogs

Or other project bags, if they had some kind of flap and closure (zipper, velcro, snaps, whatever) and were big enough to put supplies in for small sewing projects (I tend to cut out a bunch at the same time and sew later, would like to keep together with notions) or medium to large sized for crochet projects. These ones would be more for storage than "on the go" project bags

Decorated picture frames for pics of my nephews in various sizesas long as they can hang on the wall please, I do not have much counter space. Could be decorated with simple shapes, numbers, alphabets, ninja turtles, superheroes, veggie tales, or anything that would appeal to little boys. Also have a baby nephew, so more baby-ish designs are ok too

Some kind of budget/organizational system notebook, with a weekly, and monthly calendar, a pocket for receipts, a spot to keep my budget and write lots of notes and hold a pen.

8 inch knit or crocheted square(s) in black, white (pure white, not off-white or cream please) or gray (any shades) or combos of any of those. Any pattern, from simple stitches to traditional granny to wacky 3 d floral granny type stuff.

A heavy duty-ish case for my camera, please pm for dimensions, it is kinda big (compared to all these gum pack sized ones out now!) I would really like it to be strong, maybe with home dec fabric and padding/batting or lots of interfacing to protect it

A checkbook cover, either in black and white or scarlet. I would love it if had one of those vinyl/plastic flaps at the bottom for my double page carbon checks so they don't bleed through onto the next one.

If you can make stencils I would love: small scale ones for the boys clothes in boyish themes: trucks, ninja turtles, transformers, etc, larger scale ones for tees and bags for myself. Quotes or silhouettes/outlines from scenes from Office Space, Alice in Wonderland, or Clueless, Project Runway,  No Doubt/Gwen Stefani (band pics or song lyrics) um or something else that I like listed in my profile.

Handmade journals, any size Thanks Therisa!

Craft Supplies

** A Deckle. I think thats what its called, the frame/screen thing you need to make paper? I received a paper making kit a while back but dont have one of those so have never used the kit.

**Books on cross stitch or small cross stitch kits in Egyptian or Asian themes, or little boy themes

Hedgehog fabric!

Little craft kits! Have cross stitch or latch hook or some other craft kit hanging around that seems like I might like it? Send it my way! (no soap or candle kits please)

Sewing notions/trims. I love piping, rick-rack, bias tape, etc and can use any size/color zippers! Thanks Therisa!

A nice pile of fat quarters of complementary/contrasting fabrics for learning to quilt/piece. I have a beginning book with some projects to start on. Any colors that go together except hot pink with black please.

Patterns/Books on~ Tapestry Crochet, the kind with the square chart/graph. Or just charted patterns of something that is related to one of my interests. (Nintendo, no doubt, literature, little boy stuff--its all about my nephews these days)

Pattern~ quilting, very simplistic, or maybe a pattern for a small wall quilt to start out with? I always see those kits for a small quilt or wall hanging or just a quilt block and think about getting one. Maybe you have one hanging around youre not going to use?

Rubber stamps--used, recycled or handmade. I really could use all kindssayings (happy birthday, holidays, etc), background type images and objects/figures, animals, little boy stuff.

A color bookthat shows how to blend colors, match colors, etc for quilting and other crafts.

Extras:
Lindt chocolate is always loved 
Pez candy refills

Surprises are always cool, there is a lot of info in my profile and links although my wist is kinda light.

Thanks to anyone who claims me!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 04:57:49 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008 06:24:23 PM »

I claim MareMare for a deckle (if home-made is ok? just tell me what size you want) and wisty surprise  this is my 2nd claim with 0 sent and 0 recieved

Hi, I'm a 25 year old pre-school teacher (and loving it). Moved to California last year (and hate it), I desperately miss Oregon and Washington and would love anything to remind me of living up there (I especially miss the rain). I love coffee, sushi, coconut, and my favorite colors are green, purple, and earthy tones. I am not a fan of pink or yellow. My husband and I both embrace our Finnish heritage and have a strange recurring cow theme in our relationship, so any Finland or cow related items would be great!
I am just getting into jewelry making and taught myself to crochet - both these new crafts prove I am slowly turning into my mother (scary thought)
I have no allergies unless you plan on sending me preserved pork. Oh, and I do not have pierced ears, so no earrings please!

Wishes! (biggest wishes in bold)

Crafted:
~ Anything from/inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/Kartiana
~ Handmade soap or lotion in any of the following scents:
   Coffee
   Coconut
   Chocolate
   Almond
   Lime
   Coconut & any of the above
~ Sushi themed anything
~ Onigri (rice ball) themed anything
~ Spider-man themed anything
~ Coffee themed anything
~ Cow themed anything (preferably for my kitchen)
~ Etched shot glasses
~ Cow shot glasses would be great! 2 or more
~ Green bracelet(s)
~ Dragonfly jewelry (no earrings)
~ Head bands or clips (I only wear one clip at a time, so no need for matching sets, though I do usually only wear clips on the right side of my head, so any clips with an up/down should be made accordingly)
~ Spider-man hair clips (see above)
~ Old or foreign coin necklace like these http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=92710
~ A remote control holder, one that hangs over the arm of a couch. We have three remotes that need a good home. Also wouldn't mind a bonus pocket for an X-Box controller. The arm of our couch is prety wide so I will have to measure it. Also it is tan and we have mossish green accents in our living room.
~ Grey Totoro plushie (not too big)
~ Ties, like for a men's suit but made for a woman (me), in green, black, or just about any color other than pink and yellow
~ A writing journal with prompts to get me writing again
~ A hat like this, for my adult sized head and without the flower: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=10196225 I would love it in brown or green
~ A business card holder, in a nature green/purple design, Spider-Man design, or any other design ideas you think I'd like
~ Finland flag or Finnish sayings magnets. Some ideas:
   Flag - http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/flags/countrys/europe/finland.htm
   Hyv piv! = Good day!
~ Joulupukki (Santa in Finnish) X-mas ornament would be awesome!
~ "Hauskaa Joulua" (Merry Christmas in Finnish) Ornament
~NEW~ A trash receptacle for my living room

Supplies (used is fine for any of these):
~ Anything a begining crocheter might need (I just taught myself to crochet and have a size K hook)
~ Size J crochet hook (I want to make a rag rug and the pattern says to use a size J hook)
~ Pinking Sheers
~ Fabric (cute prints, love flannel. I also have some fabrics wisted to get an idea of what I like)
~ t-shirts for recons
~ Spider-man t-shirts (child sized and used is ok)
~ Ribbon
~ Tank top pattern in my size (36 bust) Thanks Therisa
~ This pattern or similar http://www.wists.com/Kartiana/4564c23b5758ee7b6571600db1d7bc41?offset=60 Thanks Therisa
~ Elastic
~ Cotton batting
~ Magnets (any kind, looking for sheets right now)
~ Jewelry making stuff (I already have a wire cutter and needle nose pliers), I am particularly into wire working
~ Beads, for jewelry making (any kind)
~ Buttons
~ Anything to help me organize my craft room
~ Sewing magazines (please no quilting magazines)
~NEW~ Any book from my crafty Amazon wish list: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/PM0C4TP3TJDG

Extras:
~ Seattle's Best coffee
~ Chocolate covered coffee beans (yum! You would be my friend forever!)
~ Postcards/photographs of Oregon/Washington (or similar green places)
~ Antique keys
~ Six pack bottle boxes (boxes that cary six bottle of beer/soda)
~ Metal bottle caps
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 06:30:46 PM by kartiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008 06:29:43 PM »

I claim Kartiana for homemade soaps and crochet supplies!

This is my 3rd claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received.

Hi, Im Mary Ann and I live in the rainy Pacific Northwest, USA. My boyfriend lives on the other side of the country, so that is kinda tough. I have 3 nephews (Sweetie (4), Monster (3) and Stinky (4mo.) My main crafts are soap making and other bath and body (lip balm, lotions, scrubs, bath truffles, masks, etc), crochet, and sewing, but I dabble in jewelry, scrapbooking/card making, cross stitch, embroidery, and anything else that catches my fancy. Right now my obsession is attempting to quilt. I like most colors but in certain combinations only, there is a long list in my profile.  I dont like black and hot pink together.

No real allergies, except wispy yarn like mohair makes me sneezy and itchy and I can't wear necklaces at all and have to be careful with other jewelry (needs to be loose and high quality/breathable material) because I have contact dermititis. I don't care for knick-knacks or amigurami or things that just take up space (I am trying to cut the clutter!) Decorations that can go on the wall are great, versus stuff that needs to sit on a surface. Things I love~ large scale floral designs, nintendo~anything Zelda or Mario, DOGWOOD BLOSSOMS, Greek mythology, Egypt, genetic engineering, books, grammar, hamsters, fake suede fabric, craft books, Project Runway, and my nephews.
Crafted projects:

A fun scarf! Something kinda girly but without any frou frou yarn (no fun fur, etc, please)

Or this ruffle scarf. http://www.wists.com/maremare312/0fd9173c7e6f08f4fd12d9652ef04819 Any color

Thread catcher for my sewing machine! I make the biggest mess when I sew.

Fused glass earrings or ring (size 10, I have large fingers plus rheumatoid arhtritis).

A DS Case for the original style, larger ds. I can send measurements. I bought myself a DS Lite and am giving the chunky DS to my boyfriend. If it was decorated with transformers or World of Warcraft or Marvel comics or similar nerdiness he would be in heaven.

3d style artwork. Some cool "altered book" style paper wonderfulness or something quilled would rock.

Wallhangings--embroidered, felted, whatever, some examples in my wist

Quilted/pieced pot holders. The kind with slits in the back for your hands would be awesome. Any colors!

Quilted/pieced coasters

A skirt in this style from my wists. http://www.wists.com/maremare312/5d647d11824af63ed2cf3f46724c30f3 Pm for current size, have been off work with Rheumatoid Arthritis for 5 weeks and gaining weight 

Simple floral (large scale) or fern artwork for my walls. Some examples in my wists.

Clutch purse, I love clutches and can never have enough! I would love a very structured, kinda stiff sewn one in either brights (jewel toned purples, fuschias, blues, yellow and turquoise) or neutrals (browns/tans/creams) or else a knit one, I have received several lovely crocheted ones recently.

Has anybody noticed the plethora of hedgehog adorableness lately? I would love a project bag or tote bag made of hedgehog fabric and/or embroidered with hedgehogs

Or other project bags, if they had some kind of flap and closure (zipper, velcro, snaps, whatever) and were big enough to put supplies in for small sewing projects (I tend to cut out a bunch at the same time and sew later, would like to keep together with notions) or medium to large sized for crochet projects. These ones would be more for storage than "on the go" project bags.

Decorated picture frames for pics of my nephews in various sizesas long as they can hang on the wall please, I do not have much counter space. Could be decorated with simple shapes, numbers, alphabets, ninja turtles, superheroes, veggie tales, or anything that would appeal to little boys. Also have a baby nephew, so more baby-ish designs are ok too

Some kind of budget/organizational system notebook, with a weekly, and monthly calendar, a pocket for receipts, a spot to keep my budget and write lots of notes and hold a pen.

8 inch knit or crocheted square(s) in black, white (pure white, not off-white or cream please) or gray (any shades) or combos of any of those. Any pattern, from simple stitches to traditional granny to wacky 3 d floral granny type stuff.

A heavy duty-ish case for my camera, please pm for dimensions, it is kinda big (compared to all these gum pack sized ones out now!) I would really like it to be strong, maybe with home dec fabric and padding/batting or lots of interfacing to protect it

A checkbook cover, either in black and white or scarlet. I would love it if had one of those vinyl/plastic flaps at the bottom for my double page carbon checks so they don't bleed through onto the next one.

Any toys or outfits for the boys that incorporate ninja turtles, transformers, trucks, or motorcycles.

If you can make stencils I would love: small scale ones for the boys clothes in boyish themes: trucks, ninja turtles, transformers, etc, larger scale ones for tees and bags for myself. Quotes or silhouettes/outlines from scenes from Office Space, Alice in Wonderland, or Clueless, Project Runway, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani (band pics or song lyrics) um or something else that I like listed in my profile.

Handmade journals, any size Thanks Therisa!

Craft Supplies:

Handspun Yarn.  Mmmmm.

** A Deckle. I think thats what its called, the frame/screen thing you need to make paper? I received a paper making kit a while back but dont have one of those so have never used the kit. Thanks Kartiana!

Boy-ish fabric with trucks, cars, etc, at least 1/2 yard please. Preferably not flannel (unless it's really awesome)

**Books on cross stitch or small cross stitch kits in Egyptian or Asian themes, or little boy themes

Hedgehog fabric!

Little craft kits! Have cross stitch or latch hook or some other craft kit hanging around that seems like I might like it? Send it my way! (no soap or candle kits please)

Sewing notions/trims. I love piping, rick-rack, bias tape, etc and can use any size/color zippers! Thanks Therisa!

A nice pile of fat quarters of complementary/contrasting fabrics for learning to quilt/piece. I have a beginning book with some projects to start on. Any colors that go together except hot pink with black please.

Patterns/Books on~ Tapestry Crochet, the kind with the square chart/graph. Or just charted patterns of something that is related to one of my interests. (Nintendo, no doubt, literature, little boy stuff--its all about my nephews these days)

Pattern~ quilting, very simplistic, or maybe a pattern for a small wall quilt to start out with? I always see those kits for a small quilt or wall hanging or just a quilt block and think about getting one. Maybe you have one hanging around youre not going to use?

Quilting or Sewing Magazines

Rubber stamps--used, recycled or handmade. I really could use all kindssayings (happy birthday, holidays, etc), background type images and objects/figures, animals, little boy stuff.

A color bookthat shows how to blend colors, match colors, etc for quilting and other crafts.

Extras:
Lindt chocolate is always loved  (especially any kind of milk chocolate with nuts)
Pez candy refills

Surprises are always cool, there is a lot of info in my profile and links although my wist is kinda light.

My Wists ~updated and lots added~ http://www.wists.com/maremare312

Thanks to anyone who claims me!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008 03:15:39 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008 08:46:01 PM »

I claim MareMare for project bags and a quilt pattern. this is my first claim of three allowed so none sent and none received. List in a moment.

About me. I am a Mum of three living in Australia near the Great Barrier Reef. I live in a small farming community with no dedicated craft stores within an hour. I'm a scientist but don't work in my field. I try to live by William Morris' motto but still seem to have an unbelieveable amount of crafty stuff around here. But its never the exact thing I need... I have a demented sense of humour. I am fascinated with the way things work, which is why a few of my things are under both crafted items and patterns. I'm happy for you to make it, but I'm really curious as to how it works and I can't figure it out. Happy to take pre-loved patterns off your hands.

Crafted items

BIG WISH

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74891462@N00/929430103

A Gryffindor Fair Isle bag for my DD's christmas present. She's a total Harry Potter fan. This is a free download on Ravelry. I'll line it if you don't want to.

A small messenger bag for dd with the Hogwarts crest or something Gryffindor on the flap. Big enough to hold a hard cover copy of The Deathly Hallows and a wallet.

Some sort of spiderman craft for the boys, not a messenger bag because I just made them one. Hats, maybe.

A raspberry Koolhaas hat for moi.

A learn to needle felt kit. I have no idea and no supplies but apparently it can be used to make beautiful embellishments.

Dragon stitch markers like this
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=143350.msg1503730;topicseen#msg1503730

Knit or crochet water bottle holder in black or dark green. I measured my water bottle. It is 8 cm in diameter and 27 cm tall.

A table cloth for a small round table. It's 21.5 inches wide and 23 inches high. I am starting to re-do my bedroom in an Asian theme. Dh and I went to China last year and bought a few souvenirs which I would like to display. Our carpet is a deep blue. I was thinking black, red and white to go with it as a colour scheme. I'd be thrilled with either a pieced one or a single piece of fabric. I was going to attempt this one but it hasn't made the top of the list yet. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=195650.msg2074438#msg2074438

Also for our bedroom, a remote organiser which slips under the mattress.

Personalised Book Plates

A wristlet like this. I love this fabric.
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=5215104

A bag with changeable covers like this one.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=185801.msg1997866;topicseen#msg1997866

Or just the pattern. A shoulder bag version would be even better.

Decorated Magnetic Spice containers http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18288.0 Theres a sample in profile.

This knitted pillow. It would be cheaper to send it unstuffed. I could stuff it.
http://www.knit-purl.com/Products/Product.php?Product_ID=270

Alice In Wonderland Illusion socks. I shall attempt socks one day. Until then, I will wear these around and time how long until anyone notices.

http://www.purlescence.co.uk/item--Alice-s-illusion-socks--patt_story_alice_sock.html

Anything in my "Favourite Things Made by other People" in my profile. Okay, most of those are huge. I didn't select them for the purpose of this swap.

Supplies

Koolhaas hat pattern. Used is fine.

I bought the Bobbles Everywhere Noni pattern, so any yarn that would be used to make that. Cascade 220 wool in 16 different colours is called for. Any equivalent is fine. Chartreuse, citron, dark plum, Christmas red, lavender, robin's egg blue, turquoise, goldrenrod, neon yellow, orange sherbet Califormia poppy, magenta, cotton candy, cerise, hot pink, fuschia. Of course, if you have the pattern, feel free to make a bobble or two, I understand that I will get sick of them after three of each colour.

Polyclay logs with flowers, ladybugs or similar designs. These look like they make it easy for a newbie. Some instructions wouldn't hurt.

This pattern - or of course if you wanted to make it that would be great too. Dark green, deep red or teal

http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/secure-html/onlinegen/currgen/FrenchGirl/FrenchGirlKnitandCrochetPatterns.asp?showLarge=true&specPCVID=7910

Cream cashmere. This looks like felt, I'm wondering if it's felted cashmere.

Acid Dyes - lanaset  in violet and teal would be especially welcome

Kona Bay fabric scraps 2.5 inches or larger

Yellow (30)  and purple (5) charm squares 100% cotton 2.5 inches

Old maps - not brightly coloured

Themes that I like:

Dragons

Asian inspired

Celtic

Firefly/Serenity

Pratchett

Harry Potter

Dislikes:

Skulls
Hello Kitty
Cutesy stuff - I'm more of a classical kind of girl

Extras.

Cinnnamon flavoured gum or cinnamon Tic Tacs.

Thank you to whoever chooses me.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 03:05:35 AM by Sansa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008 07:13:24 AM »

I'm going to claim Sansa for A small messenger bag for dd with the Hogwarts crest or something Gryffindor on the flap. Big enough to hold a hard cover copy of The Deathly Hallows and a wallet. I've decorated one before in another swap so let's see how much fun I can have with this one. Wink

This is my first claim this round/none sent/none received.

I'm a 31 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. My favorite colors are jewel tones like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber. I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.) My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy. I also love things that go along with the "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together. My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins and bats.

I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchoulli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

There are two cats in my home but it's non-smoking. I mention it because it's pretty impossible to keep some level of cat fur from going along in packages. (Sorry)

~ * ~ Crafts ~ * ~
- *BIG WISH* Something with a phoenix. (plush, art, shirt, pillow - anything!) It's my favorite mythological creature and hard to come by. (Need some inspiration? Check out the phoenix items on my wist)

- *BIG WISH* An apron like this or this especially if it were in teal blue and chocolate brown colors. (Or used like cute owl fabric or such.)  Note: I wear about a US woman's size 4 in clothing but if you need specific measurements, just ask!

- Something from my Wist. I try to keep it well stocked with drool-worthy crafts.

- Something incorporating owls, penguins or bats. I LOVE all three of those critters.

- Fused glass, glass (microscope) slide or resin pendant you think I'd like.

- Something that's in my favorite color combo of teal blue and chocolate brown.

- Something for my apartment. You know, home decor type accessory or item. (Bonus if it's in teal blue and chocolate brown because my living room is in those colors!)

- *BIG WISH* Something stained glass. I just love stained glass and wouldn't even know where to begin making it myself.

- Something ceramic like pottery or vase or whatever. Again, a skill I don't have but love.

- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft (but preferably not wool because it itches me) I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference.

- A small purse of some sort. I'm open to your inspiration. Needs to be large enough to hold my glasses case (about 7" long.) I'd just like to have something cool and handmade!

- A pair of knitted "knucks" like these.

- Something Disney themed. Be it park themed, or Mickey, or another movie character, or historical (like Walt or something), etc. I love all things Disney (and Pixar!) and regularly go to Walt Disney World!

- Something plush or soft stuffed that's an adorably cute animal or critter (but not a doll please.)

~ * ~ Craft Supplies ~ * ~

- Starter resin kit/supplies

- *NEW* sewing box or some way to organize my newly developing sewing accessories and items.

- More SA156 Bobbins. (These are taller than the "normal" ones at 7/16" depth) My Brother XL2600i machine came with like three but more would be WAY helpful.

- Pendants, charms and/or centerpiece items for use in jewelry making. Especially nice, large stones or other natural materials.

- *BIG WISH* Supplies/kit to make microscope slide pendants. (I can't find copper foil tape or slides ANYWHERE around here for example.)

- Starter kit or supplies to carve my own rubber stamps

- Polymer clay tools (like molds or cutters, etc.)

- A fabricgasm.  Grin Hey, people ask for yarn that way, so why not? I'm just learning to sew, so any kind of cool, cute, animal, Japanese, otherwise neat fabric would be cool. Maybe even some fancy designer stuff to horde.

~ * ~ Extras ~ * ~
- I'd love to try some international candies and/or chocolate. Bonus for things that are pineapple flavored. Nothing coconut or coffee flavored though please.

- Pocky. I've had chocolate and strawberry, but I'd love to try other flavors.

- Teas (herbal/fruity are my favorite)

- Beading magazines (I don't have any and it seems like it'd be fun to browse through at projects and ideas.)

THANKS!!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 07:26:16 AM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
quilted
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008 07:44:09 AM »

I claim phoenixfiredesigns for something for her apartment in her fave color combination, and something wisty  Wink

This is my first claim (I get 3), 0 sent, 0 rec'd.

Im a 31-year-old crafty mamma in Tacoma, WA. I like nerdy stuff like statistics, grammar, psychology, and I also like pretty things like paisleys, argyle, polka dots, stripes, and patterns made by the hypothetical love child of Martha Stewart and Amy Butler.

My fave colors these days are earth tones.

Non-specific items:
-- Surprise me with something youre really into crafting
-- Stuff inspired by my Wists: http://wists.com/quilted

Crafted items:
-- New! Spill-proof coffee mug I can take to work. Im okay with hand-washing it, but you get extra points if it is *really* spill proof Wink
-- Some way to organize my embroidery patterns, and my partially used embroidery transfers from my Sublime Stitching kits. Maybe an accordion file with type of pattern on the tabs?
-- A large hollow book or lockable box, to hold those embarrassing bed-side things that my toddler always seems to find
-- Collage artwork with old Psychology images it would be especially awesome if it was 4X6, 5X7, or 8X10 or a size that is easy to frame
-- Embroidered or silk screened (or similarly embellished) tea towels or dishtowels (I would especially like ones with the word shmata" its Yiddish for rag).
-- Manly clothes for my sons 12 inch baby doll
-- A set of 4 or 6 place mats in a neutral color or navy blue
-- A cool lunch box
-- Things to help me pack good lunches for my new job
-- New!  I know this is ridiculously large, but I would love this sweater: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=265280.0. I would be happy to pay for the yarn, and send you some other stuff in return. If someone is interested in making this for a personal swap, please PM me!

Supplies:
-- 1.5 inch squares of pre-washed quilting fabric for my postage stamp quilt. Please only *one* of each fabric thanks!
-- Plain pillow cases to embroider
-- Other stuff to embroider
-- Used wooden embroidery hoops (the kind I can use to display stuff)

Extras:
-- Botan Rice Candy! Love it! Yum!
-- anything on wheels for the little guy
-- doll accessories for my sons 12 inch baby doll (e.g. doll bottle, bib, etc.?)
-- childrens books or other cool things in Spanish
-- your old rubber stamps maybe birdies? Flowers? Elegant is preferred over cutsie, but Ill take them all Smiley
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 07:57:46 AM by quilted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008 11:24:25 AM »

I claim quilted for Something to help pack good lunches and I'm going to attempt to make a wisty inspired surprise  Smiley this is my 3rd claim with 0 sent and 0 received

Hi, I'm a 25 year old pre-school teacher (and loving it). Moved to California last year (and hate it), I desperately miss Oregon and Washington and would love anything to remind me of living up there (I especially miss the rain). I love coffee, sushi, coconut, and my favorite colors are green, purple, and earthy tones. I am not a fan of pink or yellow. My husband and I both embrace our Finnish heritage and have a strange recurring cow theme in our relationship, so any Finland or cow related items would be great!
I am just getting into jewelry making and taught myself to crochet - both these new crafts prove I am slowly turning into my mother (scary thought)
I have no allergies unless you plan on sending me preserved pork. Oh, and I do not have pierced ears, so no earrings please!

Wishes! (biggest wishes in bold)

Crafted:
~ Anything from/inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/Kartiana
~ Handmade soap (thanks MareMare, but I'm always up for more  Wink ) or lotion in any of the following scents:
   Coffee
   Coconut
   Chocolate
   Almond
   Lime
   Coconut & any of the above
~ Sushi themed anything
~ Onigri (rice ball) themed anything
~ Spider-man themed anything
~ Coffee themed anything
~ Cow themed anything (preferably for my kitchen)
~ Etched shot glasses
~ Cow shot glasses would be great! 2 or more
~ Green bracelet(s)
~ Dragonfly jewelry (no earrings)
~ Head bands or clips (I only wear one clip at a time, so no need for matching sets, though I do usually only wear clips on the right side of my head, so any clips with an up/down should be made accordingly)
~ Spider-man hair clips (see above)
~ Old or foreign coin necklace like these http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=92710
~ A remote control holder, one that hangs over the arm of a couch. We have three remotes that need a good home. Also wouldn't mind a bonus pocket for an X-Box controller. The arm of our couch is prety wide so I will have to measure it. Also it is tan and we have mossish green accents in our living room.
~ Grey Totoro plushie (not too big)
~ Ties, like for a men's suit but made for a woman (me), in green, black, or just about any color other than pink and yellow
~ A writing journal with prompts to get me writing again
~ A hat like this, for my adult sized head and without the flower: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=10196225 I would love it in brown or green
~ A business card holder, in a nature green/purple design, Spider-Man design, or any other design ideas you think I'd like
~ Finland flag or Finnish sayings magnets. Some ideas:
   Flag - http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/flags/countrys/europe/finland.htm
   Hyv piv! = Good day!
~ Joulupukki (Santa in Finnish) X-mas ornament would be awesome!
~ "Hauskaa Joulua" (Merry Christmas in Finnish) Ornament
~ A trash receptacles for my living room

Supplies (used is fine for any of these):
~ Anything a beginning crocheter might need (I just taught myself to crochet and have a size K hook) Thanks MareMare
~ Pinking Sheers
~ Fabric (cute prints, love flannel. I also have some fabrics wisted to get an idea of what I like)
~ t-shirts for recons
~ Spider-man t-shirts (child sized and used is ok)
~ Ribbon
~Sewing patterns (Thanks Therisa for the vintage patterns  Smiley ):
       Tank top pattern in my size (36 bust)
       This pattern or similar http://www.wists.com/Kartiana/4564c23b5758ee7b6571600db1d7bc41?offset=60
~ Elastic
~ Cotton batting
~ Magnets (any kind, looking for sheets right now)
~ Jewelry making stuff (I already have a wire cutter and needle nose pliers), I am particularly into wire working
~ Beads, for jewelry making (any kind)
~ Buttons
~ Anything to help me organize my craft room
~ Sewing magazines (please no quilting magazines)
~ Any book from my crafty Amazon wish list: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/PM0C4TP3TJDG

Extras:
~ Seattle's Best coffee
~ Chocolate covered coffee beans (yum! You would be my friend forever!)
~ Postcards/photographs of Oregon/Washington (or similar green places)
~ Antique keys
~ Six pack bottle boxes (boxes that carry six bottle of beer/soda)
~ Metal bottle caps
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 11:34:06 AM by kartiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
zombiecazz

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008 11:49:28 AM »

I claim Kartiana for:
A hat like this, for my adult sized head and without the flower: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=10196225 I would love it in brown or green.

Hi I'm Zombiecazz, I live in Aberdeenshire Scotland with my OH, my 15yr old DS, my 8yr old DD, cats, chickens and rats. I'm heavily into crochet, but love to do all sorts of crafting. I'm also into macbre/gothic and fantasy. When I'm not crafting you'll find me reading. 

This is my first claim this round (1 claim, 0 sent, 0 received)

Long lacy gloves like these – Long Long Lacy Gloves by Lois S. Young

Felt Pokemon stuffie – I like the Cat/pigeon/tiger/rat pokemons. Fine examples here

Boston Red Socks beanie for my OH -  man size.

Chicken Dining room/kitchen items – such as tea towels/placemats/pot holders/candle sticks/wine charms etc etc etc

Scood for my 8 yrs old – Made with character Fleece like Indianna Jones, pirates/skull crossbones, lego, Cats. Something like this

Set of crafty note cards for sending messages in with swaps. They don’t need to have envelopes, but need to be blank so that I can write inside them. I would like a variety of different themes, such as knitting, crochet, quilting skulls, chickens, elephants etc etc.

Anything from my Wists – Surprise me.

Supplies

Set of colourful sharpies for drawing on clothes

Pure natural wool for dyeing with Kool aid

American funky baking supplies – things we don’t get in UK

Buttons and beads especially wooden and metal ones don’t need sets, just odds and ends.

Supplies for candle making – anything moulds/wax/tapers/candle sticks etc etc (Thinking about having a go at this)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 11:56:33 AM by zombiecazz - Reason: adding wists » THIS ROCKS   Logged

purpleone
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008 06:52:36 AM »

I claim zombiecazz for something chicken-themed, Sharpies and buttons/beads especially wooden and metal ones Smiley This is my 1st claim this round and I'm in the UK.

About me: I'm a twenty-something living near London. I love understated colours like browns, grey, navy, maroon and olive. Natural fibres and unfussy designs are my kinda thing and recycled/thrifted materials are always welcome!

Crafted

A4 comb-bound notepads I'd love something made from petfood packaging or old books.

A handmade rubber stamp for my Christmas cards(http://www.wists.com/purplewist/2cf1361049b31af42d4cc12543894685?offset=0)

Much-longed-for wish... crocheted Spiderman throw. I'd send the yarn if anyone would make this for me (my brother is a huge Spidey fan but it's beyond my skills!)

I love this box bag - wouldn't need to be quilted; solid colour or plaid would be lovely.

Cloth pads: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=143557.msg1412524#msg1412524

A knit/crochet pear cozy Thanks animegirlie!

Swiffer covers that I can toss in the washing machine.

Supplies

2" nylon webbing

Magnetic bag snaps

Yard or 1/2 yd cuts of any Amy Butler or plaid cotton in greens/blues/browns/neutrals.

Iron-on interfacing (medium/heavy weight).

Large size black ink pad.

Clear-pocket display folders - for storing fabric scraps.

I'd really love either of these books!
-Last Minute Patchwork Gifts

-Claires Cats book 1 or 2

Extras

Reese's 'peanut butter cups with caramel' (for my dear mother who got hooked when a friend brought some back from Florida) Cheesy

Any quilting magazines you don't want anymore; I have lots of vintage ones but only a couple from the last 5yrs.

Quilt batting samples... if you have any pieces leftover from projects and know which brand/blend they are... I'm on a mission to find my ideal one.

Thanks whoever grants a wish!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008 01:27:07 AM by purpleone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008 11:04:10 AM »

I claim purple one for a pear cozy!! and probably something else else from the wisty realms...

1st claim this round!

About me I'm a 6 foot tall, 34 5 (oops) y.o. living in Hollywood.

Allergies - no patchouli, sandal wood, nag champa (not actually allergic to these, but they make my nose run horribly), If you send me food stuff, I don't eat mammals but I'm not a vegetarian. My S.O. is allergic to cats - but if you're careful and/or wash & clean thoroughly before sending , he'll be ok. On another food note - I'm allergic to blue food coloring, yes, just blue.

Things I love: dogs, computers, technology, the internet, circuit board patterns, sci-fi, anime - anything Japanese really but especially hello kitty and san-x, dragon flies, the subway, hummingbirds, hearts, cherry blossoms, bikes

My favorite clothing designers = Oakley & Diesel
Dress wise, I do conservative but hip for work (I work at an internet company so I can't dress too stuffy). I'm a t-shirt and jeans girl at home. I love the idea of high heel tennis shoes

Favorite colors: Cobalt Blue (any blue really as long as it doesn't look turquoise or aqua), Pink, Khaki Green, Red, Orange.

Yuck colors: I hate aquamarine, yellow, and turquoise - I don't really hate yellow, but it hates me. I don't like gold toned metals either.

Please package whatever you send me in the smallest box, envelope, whatever as possible because I have a TINY mail box. My mail man, while being very nice, invariably wakes my husband up with my swap packages.

Oh and NO Disney related stuff!

On To The List -

big wishes in red and bold

Wearable Stuff:

If you plan to make me any wearable stuff, please PM me for measurements.
1. a stencilled shirt with an art nouveau style pattern - Women's Medium Please - but must be stretchy as I'm kinda curvy (and long-ish 'cause I'm tall)
2. ANY of the 5 gajillion sweaters or shrugs on my wists (will send you measurements)
3. simple a-line skirt knee length (will send you measurements)
4. Bloomers or bike shorts to wear with skirts while riding my bike.

Jewelry:

1. Any piece of jewelry on my wists
2. Any jewelry inspired by something on my wists
3. A long loopy necklace with a collection of beads in blues or pinks. (a pink version would be a gift for my friend)

Other Crafty Stuff:

1. Katamari Ball - pin cushion or crocheted magnetic thing. Naaaah na na na na na Kata Mari DAHH MACCYY (there is an example on my wists)
2. Orange purse with LOTS of pockets - I carry alot o' schtuffs around with me. (canvas or vinyl) Will send you pocket requirements, etc. if you choose this one.
3. amigurumi cuteness animals, plants, food with faces to join the rest of the stuffies in my cube. (take a look at my previous posts - I have a picture of all of them together posted on this gallery) - Thank you MandyLikesPie for the puppy and cactus & Miss moppet for my coffee cup - but no girl can have too many stuffed animals!
5. Your ATC's or ATC style artwork that I can hang in my cube at work (fairly small scale)
6. a pop art style painting of my German Shepherd in blues or reds (I will provide photos, small scale as this will probably be on my desk at home or work)
7. A very simple lap quilt and/or pillow that I can keep at the office (can be fleece or whatever, not picky) with a Tinker Bell or Jessica Rabbit embroidered or stenciled on it this is the only wish Im lifting the Disney ban on.
8. Anything with a sewing machine or crochet hooks on it
9. Very simple necklace and earring holder. Black, teak, or maple are the best colors for me. like this one (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9201717)
10. Passport holder!! BIG WISH!! preferably with an "anti skimming" lining

Supplies:

1.. Fabric a yard is preferable, but I'm not picky! (see my wists for the types of fabrics I like doesnt have to be those exactly, just use those as a guideline when going through your stash) scratching this one this round since my machine is busted Sad
2. Instructions on how to adjust timing on a singer 4803 machine - pictures and what not on how to get in it and make the adjustments myself instead of taking it to a shop. (hee hee - see above)
3. Vintage Buttons preferably from 30s to 60s any size, any color
4. Sterling silver findings for jewelry making
5. Felt squares, any color, wool or polyester
6. half inch round circle hole punch
7. wacky shaped hole punch
8. Plain card stock in a variety of colors
9. Paint markers any color I used to love these things and I cant find them anywhere near me.
10. ring blanks
11. Bails for necklaces - the little loopy things that you glue on the back of a pendant...does that make sense?
12. handles for a fat bottom bag in bamboo or black.

While I prefer crafted stuff any of these would be appreciated as extras or what not:

1. Hello Kitty anything
3. San-X - Mr. Cold stuff would AWESOME
4. anything from meomi.com
6. Happy Hooker book
7. any book on my wists (pre-loved is totally fine!)
8. Throw in a few of the business cards for your online shop (if you have one) so I can give them to people who appreciate what you made for me  Smiley

And.

Im always up for a surprise from the wists I think I like these wishes more sometimes  Grin you people are so creative!! (anything that says "thank you" in the title I've already received).

http://wists.com/animegirlie2

thank you in advance for crafting for me Smiley
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 05:02:00 PM by animegirlie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set Up and Lighting for Your Chalk Drawing
How to Draw with Chalk Pastel
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - Final Letters
How to Start Using Calligraphy
How to Rule the Page for Calligraphy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...