A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lemons to Lemonade Swap GALLERY!!!!  (Read 1229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MyWitsAnd4

do i gnome you?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 31, 2008 09:55:13 AM »

here ya go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MyWitsAnd4

do i gnome you?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008 07:52:43 AM »

will come back to dish about this pretty later.  just wanted to get the pics up. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovefrozenstars
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008 07:33:46 PM »

Aww, your pictures of her came out so great.  =)

I had so much fun doing this swap.
It was a great first experience with swapping, and I'm so happy you like your finished doll!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What makes someone go into the arts is their uncanny knack of perceiving the slightest problem as the grandest tragedy."
- Nicky Silver
lovefrozenstars
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008 03:23:49 PM »

Sorry I've been so delayed in posting my pictures.  The beginning of the semester is so crazy. 

Anyway, here is my finished laptop cozy, thanks to MyWitsAnd4.   Cheesy

This is the adorable little matching pouch she made.

And a detail of the appliqus and matching custom button.   Grin

It also arrived with two boxes of Lemonheads, but they're gone now.   Roll Eyes

I love the finished cozy, my laptop fits perfectly in it, and I've already used it to take it to class.
Thank you again MyWitsAnd4!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What makes someone go into the arts is their uncanny knack of perceiving the slightest problem as the grandest tragedy."
- Nicky Silver
Ja
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008 03:48:48 PM »

Both of your stuff is so cute... sorry this is so delayed, I forgot to check back on this board....

Give us like a few weeks/months and we should all be done!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009 05:32:35 PM »

So after four million years!!!! Ja and I are finished Smiley I have some pics of what I sent and I will be posting some pics of what she sent too!

Ok, this is what I received from Ja. She was trying to make a dress like the infinity dress but with cotton not a stretch. This is the main fabric straight from the mailer which is why it's so wrinkly. I had to use all of it plus another fabric to make it work.

This is the front of the finished dress. It looks short in the pic but it is a bit longer than the original skirt that she cut. I also used a piece of embroidered cotton eyelet for the skirt. The whole top and skirt is lined so there is no show through Smiley

Here is a detail of the waistband. You see the pretty yellow dots? I just happened to have this yellow knit already in my stash! Talk about providential!

This is how the back ties. The straps are as long as the infinity dress so it can be tied a few different ways. It's of course not as stretchy but it'll still look cool.

I made up this option on my own. The way I sewed also allows for the dress to be just a skirt. You tie the straps around your waist first and then it just looks like a regular skirt! Pretty easy! No zipper at all Smiley

I have to take pics yet of the lovelies that Ja sent to me. You can post pics if you have them already, Ja.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009 10:05:22 PM »

Oh. My. Gosh. That is amazing! Love that dress! You really did a great job on what was a bunch of strips of fabric!!! Nice design, great addition of fabric to make it work, and superb stitching to boot! Sweet! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009 07:53:52 AM »

Thanks Smiley I am really excited to see it in action!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
Ja
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009 06:57:55 PM »

me and crafty finally sent and received. I have photos of some of things I sent her, I can't find the photos of the rest at the moment, which sucks because i so thought i took some. Crafty please please enter the photos when you get a chance

i also can't find the before photos, from the summer, so just imagine two basic knee length skirts, one in the off-white stripped fabric (which felt like rough cotton) and the blue and tan city scene very strechy fabric.

I decided to make crafty a centerpiece, like I saw on her wists... except i used the strechy fabric to make it, which, in case anyone wants to try it, don't use strechy material to make yo-yo by hand. It took forever.... and ever.. I used a mixture of the strechy fabric with some cotton fleece i had. I don't have the best photos of it tho since the weather was so crappy here when i was sending. Crafty, if you can get a better one, please add it in.

I also made two little owls with this fabric.

With the off-white stripped fabric I made a lined laptop case. Crafty loves strawberries (which i learned from stalker her wists) so i used strawberry fleece as well. I figured it would hold well and it would not scratch the laptop. My laptop is a 17in so i'm figuring it should fit any laptop. In the front is a pocket to hold the charger and plug and it is kept closed by the strap that goes over the top and has two buttons (one to keep the laptop in, the other to keep the pocket closed).
front:

back:

top:

with laptop:

I also made a camera case with the same fabrics
front:

back:

inside:

I also sent two shrinky-dink necklaces based on her wists and a clay necklace.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ja
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009 07:02:12 PM »

oh, and please excuse all the strings and the absence of buttons, I took these photos before I cleaned up the items and hand sewed on the buttons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Margins and Columns
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Viewing Images in a Slideshow
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Filtering, Reordering and Sorting Files in Bridge
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving a Workspace, Rating and Labeling
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Viewing Files in Bridge
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...