A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
789 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Costumes for Kids  (Read 1575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indywriter
I am my grandma's girl

The reason why.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008 08:49:30 PM »

My 3 year old wants to be a "pink kitty cat."  She's already gone as a pink poodle before, but she doesn't remember.  I'm going simple and looking for pink sweats (I'll be thrilled if I can find a plain pink hoodie!).  Then I"ll just add ears and a tail.

My oldest turns 8 on Halloween, and she's not sure what she wants to be.  She kinda wanted to be a carhop, but since she was "good Sandy" last year, it would be very similar.  And since we live in the midwest, odds are good that it will be pretty cold (midwest children's costuming requires a coat contingency: either the costume must have a coat that blends as part of the outfit, or the costume must fit over a coat... or several layers of clothing.)  Of course the one year I try to go the easy route and buy her a furry, warm costume, it was hot and rainy.  Good times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indywriter 
http://www.haleycreations.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/indywriter

------------------<---<--<@
I know a little garden close
Set thick with Lily and red Rose
Where I would wander if I might
From dewy dawn to dewy night.

W. Morris
SpottedFrog
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008 07:17:56 AM »

Of course the one year I try to go the easy route and buy her a furry, warm costume, it was hot and rainy.  Good times.

Ugh! isn't it always like that? The year in college I had the smokin' hot mermaid costume it was in the upper 50's, the next year I did full Renn Fest gear as a wench (about 4 layers of clothing) and it was 85, bleah.

I think I might win this year, my girls decided they want to be superheroes (their own kind, not Wonderwoman or Supergirl) we can just add layers of tights & their dance leotards underneath if it's chilly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Qalliope
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008 11:36:08 PM »

My 5yr old is going to be Crow T. Robot from Mystery Science Theater 3000. Yeah, we're a little weird. But the cast is going to be at a convention in our area at the beginning of October, so I have a little more than a week to finish the construction.

I love costuming, and I have to say that small children make much better testers/models for a project you are winging when they are asleep. Particularly if you can get your two-year old to pass out while sitting up on the couch, then you can start with a basic design and gradually fit it to him. Or you can find a ski mask/balaclava that fits him well and use that as your pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Is Your Favorite Dracula
Dramatic Reads: Chris Roberson
Dramatic Reads: Ian Brill
Dramatic Reads: Chris Sebella
Dramatic Reads: Christopher Hastings
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...