A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yoga pants  (Read 1477 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rangerbeth
« on: August 29, 2008 07:13:58 PM »

I just finished with my first pair of pants! I needed some looser workout pants because the ones I use now make me feel a little trashy. I wanted something that looked a little yoga-ish even though I don't really take yoga. They turned out just a weeee bit wide legged for my taste. I'm really trying to be much less of a sloppy seamstress and I spend more time per project nowadays. I have such a short attention span that this has been really hard for me. They are made from burnt orange knit jersey and have a twill drawstring with elastic in the back. The little green pocket was more of a last minute thing. I just felt they needed a little extra color. Let me know what you guys think. I really appreciate stories and opinions on cleaner sewing techniques. Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008 10:17:18 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Edited to comply with Craftster guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kurtthesnail
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008 07:52:06 PM »

These are cute, I love the little pocket on them! I definitely think it helps to add color and some personality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daweiner
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008 08:08:54 PM »

agreed! on a whole it's very cute but the little pocket and button give them an extra...oomph? haha it's really good for a first try and looks like it's completely appropriate
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mixedchick
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008 07:55:19 AM »

these look great! and the pocket is a super cute detail!! the only thing that would make it look more professsional, imho, would be grommets for the drawstring waistband. it looks like you used vertical button holes on these? a grommet in a matching color or an accent color to match the pocket or button would be really cute. you can't go wrong with a plain silver grommet, either. also, maybe drawstrings on the leg hems since you said it was too wide legged for your tastes? then they could be cinched as well as scrunched up and worn at capri length. i have some sweatpants made like that and i love the versatility Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love is a verb, not a noun.

God is Good. God is Love.
rangerbeth
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008 09:36:09 AM »

Man, GREAT ideas. I get tunnel vision on projects occasionally and I would have NEVER thought to put a drawstring in the legs. Thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashala
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008 08:22:11 AM »

Great! I like the pocket.

It looks like you used a single needle and stitched twice at the waistband. You did a great job, but a twin needle would give a better result. And the stitches stretch a little, and that's really nice for jersey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mixedchick
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008 01:40:07 PM »

Man, GREAT ideas. I get tunnel vision on projects occasionally and I would have NEVER thought to put a drawstring in the legs. Thanks guys!

i get like that too, sometimes. thank goodness for craftster!!

and i forgot to mention, but you could also just put elastic in the leg hem (like your normal hanes sweatpants) but i suggested a drawstring because having a little bow on each leg is way more fun Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love is a verb, not a noun.

God is Good. God is Love.
feltonfan2
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008 07:30:40 AM »

I love the colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crimp Your Hair
How to Curl Hair
How to Clean Hairbrushes
How to Use Bobby Pins
How to Use Hairpins
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...