A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Away with the scarfs and in with the Collars (Mmm, cozy)  (Read 2777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

unpopulartshirt
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008 09:35:45 PM »

I found the pattern online so I could just post the link, but they only have swedish, norwegian and danish versions, so >.<
And I'm terrible at translating, but it's basically circular needles nr 4 and quite regular yarn (not too thick, not too thin). You start of with 80 stitches and knit first one round, then purl one, then knit one and after that you knit 2, purl 3 all the way around untill the entire thing meassures 12 cm at which point you start increasing as follows:
First increase so that your 3 purled stiches are now four. (for an even result in the end I suggest you increase first at the left side of the cables, then on the right side and so on). After this you continue to increase one purled stich every fourth round four times, and after taht you increase in every 6th round twice (or untill the whole thing is 22 cm long). Then finish as you started- knit one round, purl one, knit one. Finish.

Hope this is somewhat understandable- my english knitting-vocabulary doesn't go beyond "knit" and "purl" I'm afraid >.<

Thanks! This is very helpful... I will make this if I get everyone else's projects done before Christmas. (Socks and hats for the parents, socks for the sister, and socks for the boyfriend.) This will be more motivation for me to get everything else finished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008 01:59:07 AM »

thanks everyone!

and leda0000- I made that hat too ^^ But I think I've already posted that in a separate post like ages ago so I didn't mention it here. The coat's my own creation too of course =)

lemannink- of course you can knit this it's way easy. If you jsut know how to prul and how to increase that's it. circular needles are way easier than regular ones anyway ^^

and unpopularshirt- you make me soo happy. There's nothing at all like people saying they just found motivation or inspiration. Have fun making all those stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
nurseninja

It's a BOY! Due FEB 22!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008 06:30:12 AM »

wow very elegant!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Books free to good home: 201 Quilt Blocks, Vogue: Knit Accessorize, Country Weekend Knits, Sticker Magic**
givethem_monday
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008 11:25:22 AM »

I love this! I need some since I'm going up to Rhode Island from Jersey so I gotta get ready for the New England chill!
If only I could knit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
unpopulartshirt
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008 01:22:55 PM »

thanks everyone!

and unpopularshirt- you make me soo happy. There's nothing at all like people saying they just found motivation or inspiration. Have fun making all those stuff!

Awww, lelyonna, i'm so glad you posted this project. I will have fun making my projects, and thanks again for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madidolly
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008 06:35:46 AM »

Here is the pattern in English http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=98&d_id=34&lang=en
To get all patterns at the Garnstudio Drops website just click Home and pick English.  They have about three different versions of these collars but I made this one for myself which I owned for about 2 minutes before my DD walked in and walked out with it around her neck!    Be aware that even if it's in English some are written with UK abbreviations and some English.  They tell you which one the pattern is in and they give a conversion list.  They also have crochet patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008 08:09:59 AM »

ohhhh, cool. I couldn't find them in english myself, but that's just great to know =)
Gotta love granstudio- they have sooo many lovely patterns
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zylo
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008 02:05:32 PM »

I can't believe how good that looks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For tutorials, recipes, and patterns, check out my website: Fanofstuff.com.

For handmade gifts and accessories, visit my Etsy shop: Etsy.com/shop/ZyloHandmade

Also find me on pinterest at /fanofstuff or /zylohandmade!
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008 04:05:51 PM »

awwww thank you zylo! you just made my day =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bacon and Escarole Pizza Recipe
Best Foods For Tailgating At The Game And At Home
How to Cook Bacon Perfectly
How to Fry Bacon
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...