A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Happy Housewife Gallery!  (Read 15140 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewFixated
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008 08:48:59 PM »

I think grandmas are just better at everything!  I tried very hard with my embroidered dish towel that I made for Katz but when I received the one she made for me I realized what quality was.  That's ok.  Katz is the type of person to appreciate the fact that someone made it for her!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
hellobint
DuckyFuzz craft

craftastic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008 11:29:08 AM »

thats also part of the fun of swapping - you get to see good examples of excellent quality work up close, its how i've taught myself loads of crafts...  and start on cross stitch, that's easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting the love x
blue-eyed-red-veined
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008 04:23:04 PM »

The tea towels are fantastic!  I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008 04:27:38 PM »

thats also part of the fun of swapping - you get to see good examples of excellent quality work up close, its how i've taught myself loads of crafts...  and start on cross stitch, that's easy!

tried cross-stitch...wasnt so easy for me Sad Turned out like crap so I had to figure something else out. lol Maybe I'll attempt it again someday & embroidery but NOT for a swap/anything with a deadline lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
pinklrt
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008 12:29:33 PM »

My package from CraftyMcGluestick arrived this afternoon!!! I'm really pleased with all of the crafty goodies she sent - she did a fabulous job of making things that really fit my taste. Seriously, I love it all! And now, the photos:

Recipe cards! So adorable with the retro housewife theme. They came in a rainbow of colors and with coordinating recipe box dividers and some blank stripey cards. I love that there are so many categories - now I'll have to find the time to actually organize my recipes!

Close up of the recipe cards. The front of each card says "You'll eat it... You'll eat it and you'll like it." and the back says "She was the life of the Tupperware party." Tee hee.

Then we have some fun marble magnets. I've made these for others, but have yet to put any on my own fridge! Love the bright colors and designs.

And then we have a set of cloth napkins. These are absolutely adorable. You can't tell from the picture, but they are very generously sized, which is perfect for my messy family.

A groovy little potholder crafted from CraftyMcGluestick's beloved worn-out jeans. Yay for recycled craftiness!

Other side of the potholder. Cute fabric! (I think I have seen this somewhere else...perhaps in your kitchen, CraftyMcGluestick?)

And finally, a snappy floral half-apron! I love the fabric - what a fun print. The rick-rack detail on the pocket is great.

Here is a parting shot of the apron in action. Well, sort of. I'm standing in my messy bedroom taking a self-portrait in front of a mirror that clearly needs a once-over with some Windex. I could do that in an apron, right?

Can't wait to put these items to use. I will have to don the apron in a few hours and see what kind of delicious dinner I can whip up for the fam. Thanks for sending such a fun package, CraftyMcG. You did a great job of filling it with things that I like.  Grin

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 12:33:57 PM by pinklrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008 03:14:38 PM »

I think grandmas are just better at everything!  I tried very hard with my embroidered dish towel that I made for Katz but when I received the one she made for me I realized what quality was.  That's ok.  Katz is the type of person to appreciate the fact that someone made it for her!   Smiley

Gosh~ you're making me blush!!  I thought your work was quite good!  Remember I have quite a few years on you!!!
  when I was a little girl I self imposed sampler work on myself... We lived in an area where there weren't very many children so I took to reading biographies & ahem... the daughter of Laura Ingels Wilder came and spoke to my 4th grade class and I became hooked on those too... ( I'm verging on older then dirt) so my mom made these pioneer dress up clothes for me and my dad made a little three legged stool and I would sit by our 1960's everybody had to have one electric fire place and  embroidery to my hearts content...stopping only to drink hot tea with milk and cookies for my dolls and I..... sooooooo...I've had a TON of practice!!!! Grin

Now, how cool are those napkins with the leaves on them?Huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008 05:28:56 PM »

i really like those recipe cards. and that apron is cute too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008 05:49:41 PM »

Those recipe cards are the coolest recipe cards I have ever seen.  I so want some LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartzb
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008 08:47:15 PM »

I was planning on making recipe cards and a coordinating box/holder for my sister for Christmas and that was a great inspiration. I don't know exactly what i was picturing, but I know what I'm picturing now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.iheartzb.etsy.com')
PerachYafeh
C.A.D.ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008 04:37:38 AM »

WOW..That is all I can say. I am speechless with all these beautiful things you gals made. Hopefully my partner will get her pack by monday/tusday. Cheesy
This swap is fun....I hope to do it again....without natural disasters, tough job times (jerk companies - forgive me the language), bad school teachers and dark clouds over some homes Smiley....
I do not care thou, we have BEAUTIFUL WORK and a brand new BABY in the group ! YAY! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Styling Tips for 1 Gray Suit
4 Affordable, Fall Looks For the Office
The Best Colors for Redheads
Julien Macdonald - London - Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
How To Get The DKNY Runway Look For Less
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...