A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Happy Housewife Gallery!  (Read 15139 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewFixated
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008 06:37:56 AM »

I'm sorry this post took so long.  I tried for a couple hours last night to get it to post but my computer/internet service/craftster (pick one) was not cooperating last night.

Here is my FUN swap package from Krazy4Katz!  On the left you see the fairy pillow that she made for my DD for Christmas.  DD was there when I opened the package and when she saw the pillow she grabbed it, told me she needed it, and then took it into her room.  On the right is the cat ornament she made out of beeswax and it smells yummy!  In the middle you can see the 4 dishcloths, 2 doilies, and the flower pillow she crocheted for me.  The dish towel in the middle is embroidered with an applesauce recipe (which I will be trying) and the towel is oversized!  I love it!  The doilies will be displayed throughout my home and so will the ornament and pillow. 

Here's a close-up of the applesauce embroidery.  Didn't she do a FANTASTIC job??

Here are a few of the items on display in my kitchen.  You'll have to excuse the fire extinguisher being in the picture.  I find it's more effective to have it out in the open on the opposite end of the kitchen in case of a grease fire.  (We learned a tiny lesson once while making German pancakes.) 

My DD could barely stand the fact that I needed to take pictures of her pillow!

Here's an action shot of my new applesauce dish towel.

Katz:  I don't know why you don't like this doily.  I love it!

Do you see the little hearts in the center of the doily?  How cute!

This pillow looks like it was made out of wool yarn.  It is so sweet with the flower on it and it is very comfy.   It is sitting on my shelf in my kitchen.

Thank you so much Katz!  I love everything and had a blast crafting with you! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
hellobint
DuckyFuzz craft

craftastic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008 12:30:02 PM »

thats really nice work!

i love the applesauce embroidery - such a clever idea, a recipe on a tea towel and beautiful stitch work.  i might have to make a version for mysef  Wink

i also like the hearts on the doily - and i totally would not have noticed them if you hadn't mentioned them sewfixated - i love subtle bits like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting the love x
love2teach
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008 01:51:24 PM »

Can you say spoiled....crafty gurllll spoiled me rotten.  Thank you for all the wonderful goodies.

All the loot together...

Close up of the science themed kitchen towels....

Close up of the ceramic leaf vase, ceramic photo frame, kitchen towels with embroidery leaves, embroidered napkins and science themed magnets.  The napkins say "Mangi bene, vidi spesso, amo molts" (eat well, laugh often, love much), "Mangiare bene, stare bene" (eat well, be well), "Buon cibre, buon vine, buoni amice" (good food, good wine, good friends) and "Lasciali andarain cucina" (love and cook with wild abandon).

I also got a coupon holder and a copy of Elsa Maxwell's Etiquette Book circa 1951.

Thank you soooooo much crafty gurlllll..... Grin  love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
crafty gurll
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008 02:44:22 PM »

This was my package from Love2teach:

6 appliqued napkins & a tablerunner.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008 05:25:22 AM by crafty gurlllll - Reason: added photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colorado Deb
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008 05:54:46 AM »

Love the bees wax cat!  something about the smell of that wax just feels earthy and content to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.-  NuClia Waste
CraftyMcGluestick
Propel, propel, propel your craft softly down liquid solution. Ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, existence is simply illusion. -Mr. Rogers

Crafting today for a better tomorrow!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008 07:17:36 AM »

Wow-- I am so impressed with everyone's handiwork! I especially like the applesauce recipe on the towel. What a cute idea to emrboider a recipe! I am so stealing that idea, if I don't lose patience with sewing 1/2 c. over and over. I'll avoid abbreviations and thus, french knots. I love all the Italian phrase napkins, too. And science stuff! So fun! Nice stuff, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glitterbirdie
Glitter Birdie

Birdie Loves Glitter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008 07:34:25 AM »

Yay!!!!

I received from Katherine(hellobint). Thank u soo much!!

Will post imgs soon. But to give a gist of what I received,

A fabric brush and tool holder

A cute wall hanging( embroidered)

Last but not the least... awesome London themed magnets( they have already found their place on my fridge)

Smiley

Wait for pics in the foll post

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twitter
I looove Personal Swaps
WIST
BLOG
hellobint
DuckyFuzz craft

craftastic!

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008 12:39:53 PM »

i'm glad it all got there safely pournami!  i can put up the pictures I took - they are not the greatest as they were just on my phone, but they give an idea ...

Firstly, the paintbrush holder...

Its designed so it can be hung on wall, with different sections for brushes and paints etc, or worn on a belt like so ...

Then, Pournami wanted a little something for her reading corner...

This can either be used as a mat or hung up on the wall.  Pournami particularly wanted things you couldn't get where she is, so the back is a tweed wool - unlikely to be found in India!!  Hence also the little thing...

London magnets!  Featuring the main tourist attractions in London....  hope you like it all pournami
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting the love x
iheartzb
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008 03:28:43 PM »

I am so jealous of all of the embroidery!!! My mom did it while I was growing up and I figured I'd be a natural too, tried some out for this swap and. . . not so great results! These are all great packages. Guess I need to stop looking and start finishing my package Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.iheartzb.etsy.com')
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008 07:08:41 PM »

I am so jealous of all of the embroidery!!! My mom did it while I was growing up and I figured I'd be a natural too, tried some out for this swap and. . . not so great results! These are all great packages. Guess I need to stop looking and start finishing my package Smiley

ironic that you should say that. my grandma is amazing at embroidery & cross stitch too. I tried BOTH for this swap. failed miserably!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fresh and Festive Key Lime Sugar Cookies Recipe
Dazzling Lemon Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
Merry Marble Snickerdoodles Recipe
How to Build a Layer Cake
Foolproof Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...