A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,763
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Grad Student Support Swap (SEND BY 10/30/08)  (Read 11186 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Daniethanas
Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Crocheter

Hookin' like a fiend these days...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008 09:13:14 AM »

That stinks about the reviews. There's a place for constructive feedback - but no class is ALL bad and I'm sure you did a wonderful job. Smiley

We have to review the professors and set-up of the program I'm in at the end of every class as well. Because it's an all online format, they want to make sure that the quality of class being taught is the same as if it were an in-person class, so the "what was good/what could use improvement" is so important. I always make sure to speak loudly about what was good though so that it doesn't go away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rangerbeth
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008 05:17:23 PM »

Oh man, I haven't checked this thread in a while and I had no idea such constructive convos were going on! I'm super impressed with everyone's enthusiasm and smartiness (hmmm). I really love the teaching portion of my graduate work even though I'm not getting paid for it necessarily (only through research assistantship). I don't have that much control over my labs unfortunately though, they are all intro to biology and they have specific tasks to work out each week. Maybe I could get some advice to add a little flair to it.

As far as introductions though, I'm starting my 2nd year as a MS student at GVSU in MI. My emphasis is on Biology but more specifically stream ecology. My thesis project involves taking invertebrates, leaves, and algae samples from 6 streams on a seasonal basis to see where the main source of invertebrate body tissue assimilation is coming from over the course of a year (leaves or algae). I know thats confussing but theres an in depth description on my blog.

As far as ideas go, I really like the idea of relaxation type crafts. I found that exercising, napping, eating well, etc... really play a HUGE role in how much work I actually get done. Its nice to have a little "nap kit" at work including a small blanket, a pillow, and some nice tea. I have to admit I've already begun "stalking" though I don't know my partner, you guys have excellent taste!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimmasaurus
...and up comes the toolbar. that's what she said.

do you think this is referring to your boning jan?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008 08:12:50 PM »

As far as ideas go, I really like the idea of relaxation type crafts. I found that exercising, napping, eating well, etc... really play a HUGE role in how much work I actually get done. Its nice to have a little "nap kit" at work including a small blanket, a pillow, and some nice tea. I have to admit I've already begun "stalking" though I don't know my partner, you guys have excellent taste!

A NAP KIT!!! omg, that is one fantastic idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimikachu
teacher lady extraordinaire

I (heart) swaps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2008 06:28:11 AM »

A "nap kit" is such a great idea. I also think that any basic organizational strategy/advice/cool containers is a good idea too! I am still trying to figure out a good organizational system going for my lesson plans and paperwork and work to be returned to my kids. Oh yeah, they are all special ed/emotional disturbed AND have language difficulties. (I teach ESL)

But they are so awesome! And I am completely exhausted --this was the first week I've had with them.

I am also so happy that signups end on the day I get paid!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008 06:28:53 AM by mimikachu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothin' worth doing ever comes easy.
Alli_Lucy
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008 06:41:20 AM »

Oh yes, I could definitely use some organization help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
kimmasaurus
...and up comes the toolbar. that's what she said.

do you think this is referring to your boning jan?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008 05:40:56 PM »

mimi, that's exactly what i was thinking!!  organizational items just give me tingles, i love them!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Daniethanas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008 08:38:49 PM »

IDEA!

Someone in one of the other swaps I'm doing mentioned using mini-mitts in a swap to put in their teacher's room microwave. Not sure if mini-mitts (mini-oven mitts) would be useful to anyone here either at work, in the library, teacher's room, etc.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 08:39:43 PM by Daniethanas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahmakes
Sarah likes to make stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008 08:59:27 PM »

Daniethanas, mini mitts are a good idea. I live on microwave lunch (and breakfast and sometimes dinner). The containers on those microwave meals get really hot. I have "bowl cozies" that I have crocheted so I can hold the bowls when they come out of the microwave.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Daniethanas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008 05:15:47 AM »

Daniethanas, mini mitts are a good idea. I live on microwave lunch (and breakfast and sometimes dinner). The containers on those microwave meals get really hot. I have "bowl cozies" that I have crocheted so I can hold the bowls when they come out of the microwave.

So hopefully one of us knows how to sew then... I wish I did... I would love these at work...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2008 07:20:03 AM »

just a question ...
a grad student is that just a college student ? or is it a student in his final year of college???
'cause this seems like fun but I don't now if I am qualified
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Peanut from the Jeff Dunham Show
How to Draw Android 18 from DragonballZ
How to Draw Suigetsu from Naruto
How to Draw Bobby from King of the Hill
How to Draw Chibi Sakura Haruno from Naruto
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...