A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Europe swap - there are loads of US only so why not??!!  (Read 2790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mi mantita

I'm an umanoid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008 02:26:56 PM »

And has there been any interest from southern Europe?

Hey! Yes! I want to join, and I'm from Spain. I asked in my local post office and the told me I can send 1kg for 11€ and 2 for 20€ in those big envelopes.
I'm not really sure if I can send candy that you really cannot find in your country but since I live in the south of spain, in andalucia, I can send all kind of morroqui stuff, like tea, and fabric, I love "babuchas" that are some kind of arabic shoes. Also I can send a fake "manton de manila" not one of those expensive hand embroidered ones but some that are quite smaller, machine embroidered but pretty aswell.
Apart from that I love to make sock monkeys and cassette wallets, so maybe a cassette wallet made from a spanish cassette is something you cannot get in your country.

Do you think there are like tipical spanish things I cannot see cause I live here and I don't pay attention to them?
: D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your heart won't heal right if you keep tearing out the sutures

my philosophy blog - http://umanoides.wordpress.com
my wists - http://www.wists.com/espiral
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008 03:50:24 PM »

It is possible, but - I don't have these things before me and can't tell either Smiley

I think many things are avaiable in other countries, but still nice to swap. A local supermarket here has a food line of Spanish food, because people get to know it on their holidays and like to have it at home, too. Hm, flan caramello, yummie Smiley

Maybe some things are avaiable in other countries, like we have some British corner shops. But that doesn't mean I drive there to shop. And of course many things are avaiable via internet. Still, a swap partner putting together a collection of what she thinks is typical intersected with what she thinks the recipient would specially like - that will always be wonderful. Because someone else made it a unique and personal collection.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008 04:55:10 PM »

So if other countries (meaning every other than Finland) the postage is according the weight...Maybe we could make the limit to 2kg's? 2 kilogram swap with 1/3 crafts, 1/3 supplies and 1/3 my country doesn't have that? Does it make sense to you all?
I so want to organize this but I don't have enough swaps under my belt yet...After Christmas, yes. Personally I would like this swap to kick off the year 2009. How's the timing for you peeps?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2008 07:47:13 PM »

I might be interested. I've enjoyed the My country doesn't have that in the past.

I am in Ireland - nice chocolate -  nice chocolate and some nice yarn. I wouldn't worry what to send too much from each country - anything different to what one is used to is always good, isn't it? For example I like postcards and fridge magnets form other places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008 01:46:25 AM »

hmm I Have exams in January so I won't be able to join (only the 2-3 first weeks, after that I could join!)

On the site of our "Post": 0-5 kg (for countrys in the EU) = 26 so I think it's about 15 for 2 kg (I don't really know)

the padded envelopes (in mm):
S     229 x 152     1,10
M    280 x 184    1,20
L    270 x 220    1,20
XL *    360 x 260    1,40

the boxes (in mm) lxbxh :
XS *     155 x 115 x 74     1,30
S *    230 x 155 x 74    1,40
M *    263 x 188 x 98    1,50
L *    310 x 220 x 98    1,60
XL *    385 x 290 x 135    1,80
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008 02:41:11 AM »

I might be interested. I've enjoyed the My country doesn't have that in the past.

I am in Ireland - nice chocolate -  nice chocolate and some nice yarn. I wouldn't worry what to send too much from each country - anything different to what one is used to is always good, isn't it? For example I like postcards and fridge magnets form other places.

Yup.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IrishMolly
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008 02:33:14 PM »

I cant believe the post i started ages ago is still going!(thanks NiinaMaria) It must be my most successful post ever! Is that really sad considering that there are only like 35 replies?(and that I'm counting!!lol)  ....I know I'm being silly and petty but I don't care!

Anyhow, I'm in Ireland, just like Saor but also spend time in Sweden so might be able to get some Scandinavian goodies.

Ireland doesn't have to much to offer.....Tweed, Guinness(I'm not sending that!), some nice yarn, cheesy Irish leprechaun paraphernalia, good chocolate (much like British choclate), traditional Irish music? The list is unfortunately very boring.

I love the way niinamaria divided up 1/3 crafts, 1/3 supplies, 1/3 my country doesn't have that. That sounds perfect.
It would depend slightly on the dates but I think you can count me in. Now we just need an organizer!

I think this could be a really great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And those who where seen dancing where thought to be insane by those who could not here the music"
NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008 03:14:11 PM »

Hey Molly!

I am up for organizing! I just need to finish of my current swaps and I think I'm then qualified. I was thinking to start the sign-ups around the holidays and ending few days after New Year. January would be the crafting time and send-out could be the 31st of January. How does that sound?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008 03:42:57 PM »

nooooo Cry
I have examens in January Cry Cry Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008 03:44:34 PM »

With me, every time is fine, because I want to do this swap so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Custom Brackets Gimbal Rotator
How to Obtain a White Balance on the Canon EOS Cameras
How to Use Sekonic Light meters
Learn about The Epson P-2000 Digital Storage Viewer
How to Clean dust off the sensor of the Canon EOS cameras
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...