A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
813 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Europe swap - there are loads of US only so why not??!!  (Read 2616 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008 11:59:30 AM »

^
Plus don't forget the Frisian flag. It's adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008 12:51:21 PM »

I didn't know we had fashion ?! *just kidding*
I love DROP !!!! and I would LOVE this swap ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008 01:41:26 PM »

Actually in this thread we discussed earlier that this would be 1/3 crafts, 1/3 supplies and 1/3 candy or whatever. Don't let your hatred of European candy prevent participating the greatest swap ever! Hey, maybe we can get European Union to sponsor us!!!  Grin You know, since this swap is all about bringing us Europeans closer together. (Not just saving in postage and loving to receive mail)  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008 02:17:46 PM »

I have never tasted American candy !!!! and that after already 4 swaps Tongue
jej for Europe
yeah we could write them a letter, hm tomorrow there's a meeting in Brussels (from the important people of the countrys in Europe I think)  maybe I could go there and ask them if they want to tighten up the bands between all the different Eurupe countrys !!! Too bad I'll be out of country tomorrow, we're going to
Deutschland (Germany) to visit some musea with school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008 01:49:16 AM »

Hm, what could I add to the list as typical for Germany? I already mentioned Ritter chocolate. Is Lindt chocolate German at all? Lindt&Sprngli, sounds pretty Swiss, but they're seated in Aachen. Culturally, that's as far from Switzerland as you can get, I think. Smiley

la_chrystelle, calm down, I'm sure there is something else than candy to seduce you into joinign this swap. Maybe something along the Bath&Beauty line? That reminds me, Weleda's headquarter is not far from here. Anyone wanting to receive Weleda products? Well, there is a number of other ecological products which I would consider to be typical for Germany.
I might be able to join this swap for South Germany only. On the other hand, would this mean I can't send hard drugs like Nutella? Smiley

On the supply side, I don't know what I could offer. German craft supplies are not so  hot anyway. At least not for a reasonable price. Maybe someone wants some self-striping yarn for socks, or traditional Edelwei themed buttons or something in the fake traditional Alpine style that replaces real traditional styles everywhere?

On the other hand, I am very much in love with everything Bauhaus, but if you like that too, you can just visit the next IKEA store in your country, I think Smiley But if anyone insists, I can go to the Le Corbusier Museum shop around here and got one of their booklets or postcard sets or so.

I also like the design of the 70s, to my own surprise. In the 70s, I didn't like it at all Smiley But now it's maybe bringing up chilldhood reminiscence, or just a challenge to color sense Smiley If someone is interested, I could go through my 70s fabric stash.
Anyone else will just have to take what I can find on my thrift store hunts. Just tell me what you like. I'm on a fabric diet, so please please give me an excuse to go fabric shopping Smiley Smiley

I'd love to swap with everyone so far, but I hope it will be Finland! I have a crush on this country, for whatever reason, and one day I will even be able to remember more than three words of the language Smiley Do you still have Lordi candy? I bought tons of it some time ago, but I gave it away as presents (coolest presents!).   

Oh, and riechan, you don't have to send chocolate to everyone, just to one swap partner. On the other hand, although if we are not too many participants, we could make the chocolate part a round robbin! Oh yes, a chocolate/candy round robbin! A general round robbin would be cool too, but I think that is too much because we want to craft too. And unless we don't make this a 'my country doesn't ahve this pincushion round' swap, we'll be in trouble.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008 05:52:15 AM »

Wow! The list keeps getting longer and longer...

Germany...Ritter. Natural cosmetics. Detective- series (Der Alte anyone?) Grin. Alpine- style. Industrial style. Graphic design.
UK...Cadbury- chocolate. Options- hot chocolate. Tweed. Floral prints. Quirky fashion.
Netherlands...Stroo pwafels. Drops. Delft blue. Design. Fashion.
Belgium...Waffles. Lace. Fashion. Beer. Chocolate
Finland...Vodka. Chocolate. Design. Large prints.

Ruby. Next time I go to the grocery store I'll check if the candy is still available. I know the Lordi- cola still is. I wonder where are my fellow Nordic- crafters lurking. And has there been any interest from southern Europe? Or from Balkan- countries?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008 07:13:41 AM »

Just a thought...
These are the post package sizes in Finland that fall into the cheaper postage category. I've rounded the numbers for easier comparison.
Nro 1    24 x 15 x 10 cm = 3600 cm3   
Nro 2    30 x 21x 6 cm = 3800 cm3   
Nro 3    38 x 29x 10 cm= 10 600cm3    
Nro 4    38 x 29 x 19 cm= 21 000 cm3

What are the sizes in your country? Personally I think filling a numbers 3 or 4 would give nicely room for crafts, supplies and extras.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008 11:19:06 AM »

We don't have cheap packages, but we can send enormous envelopes for an okay price. There is I think 100g, 500g, 1kg and another one  I don't remember. Oddly enough, bulk is not that important with the envelopes. There are size restrictions, but they are hard to fail. Plenty of room for fabric, crafte items, supllies, chocolate, everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sajona
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008 12:02:36 PM »

European postage from Uk seems fairly reasonable - I've not keeled over in shock at the post office yet anyway! (USA postage is another matter entirely)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My biz page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinePearceKnitwear
My blog: http://sajona.blogspot.com/
My flikr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95027356@N00/sets/72157602013921043
emmerlie-jay
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008 12:31:06 PM »

I love the sound of this swap! I've never taken part in a swap before because I've always been put off by the thought of sending things to the US.
But this one sounds great! Cheesy
So would we send things that our partner can't get in their country?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Old-Fashioned Porridge with Dried Fruit
Waffle Potato Chips and Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
Rachel Ray: How to Make A Week’s Worth of Meals in a Day
Ultimate Comfort Food: How to Make Shrimp & Grits
How to Use Holiday Leftovers in New Meals
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...