A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pregnant and DUE on Halloween  (Read 5757 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thixle
« on: August 28, 2008 12:38:08 PM »

So I may not actually make it to Halloween, but if I do... it's gonna be a BIG tummy.  I want cheap and quick, just in case i don't get to wear it. Oh, I have a 3 year old daughter-- she wants to be a ghost or mummy (something scary, mommy!) and a husband with a crazy sense of humor. Don't care if our costumes match or not.  Just nothing embarrasingly slutty Grin

So far,
I've thought of painting my belly as a pumpkin and wearing "farmer" clothes with the shirt unbuttoned.
I have a black robe from college graduation. It goes to mid ankle and is black... so maybe a pregnant nun?

And after that, I'm stumped. What would YOU wear for Halloween if you were 10 months pregnant? I want a good costume, but i don't want to go all out on planning, buying, making, because there is a good chance i won't get to wear it.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
satsukirebel
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008 02:19:28 PM »

I was just heading into my 3rd trimester when Halloween hit. I went as a fat cat, black. That's a costume that's always easy to pull off. I used some feather boas around my wrists and ankles and did the whole CATS makeup as well. I don't really have any other ideas right now. You already mentioned pumpkin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vladimyr
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008 08:39:06 AM »

If you don't feel up to an actual costume you can get yourself an orange t-shirt and across the belly in black letters write "Pumpkin Smuggler".  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Juka
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008 11:40:58 AM »

PUmpkin smuggler would be totally adorable, and if the babe happens to come sooner, dress him or her up as a little pumpkin =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thepaintinglibra
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008 12:02:48 PM »

I saw a woman go as a fish bowl. She wore black comfy pants (maybe yoga paints) and a black long sleeve shirt tied up so you can see her belly. She had her belly painted like a giant fish bowl with little fish, seaweed; bubbles were little crystals glued on, etc. This way just in case you do have the baby on Halloween, you didn't waste money on something you are not going wear again.

Another option I saw at a party  a woman went as a fortune teller. She had her belly painted silver and everyone had to rub her belly to see if it was going to be a boy or girl. She wore a gauzy skirt, cute top, big earrings and tons of bracelets and rings and hair tied with a big scarf.

Hope this helps! Congrats on the new bundle of joy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Supercrafter
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008 11:12:55 AM »

last halloween i was pregnant...i delievered on Nov.05. that's less than a week after Halloween day so i was pretty pregnant =] well, i wore some black leggings & i found a red tank with black dots all over. [i bought it at Target, but you can just get a plain red tee/tank & add some big circles to it.] i wrapped a headband that i never wore with black ribbon & added antennas w/pipecleaners & pop pops.
I WAS THE BIGGEST LADY BUG EVER!! =D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 11:14:16 AM by Supercrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
megan+mary

DANGER: CRAFTING ZONE

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008 08:21:14 PM »

Go as Juno!! Just get an orange and white striped tank top, put a skirt over top of jeans, and throw on a hoodie! Your husband could dress up as Paulie Bleeker too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will gladly do personal ATC swaps!

I've jumped on the wist bandwagon
shallowfashionista
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008 04:16:10 PM »

my sister was a daisy & her husband was a bee.

.. he pollinated her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008 04:20:04 PM »

Have everyone go as ghosts, and paint a little baby ghost outline on the sheet right over your tummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargazer13
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008 07:26:33 PM »

I think an nun would be funny...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Thanksgiving Stuffing
How to Make Memphis Barbecue
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
How to Make Oyster Dressing
How to Make New Orleans Gumbo
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...