A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I'm new, but I made a Jayne Cobb hat  (Read 1521 times)
Tags for this thread: jayne_cobb , firefly , hat , earflap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyGeekyWench
« on: August 27, 2008 06:37:43 PM »

For my husband, it didn't turn out that well, I got a pattern for a loom (that's the only way I can knit), I know when I remake it I need to use thicker yarn, but now the kids want hats like daddy's.  I can get away with doing theirs in different colors teehee

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011 02:05:57 PM by lapoli » THIS ROCKS   Logged
blithe314
Messy Haired Mommy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008 08:00:26 PM »

Looks good!  I know that this will sound stupid, but where does this hat come from?  I see them everywhere, and ALL over ravelry, but I'm missing out on what it's all about.  The only thing I can figure is it's some TV thing since I don't own a TV.  Please clue me in!  Your hat looks good though, and your hubby looks happy with it!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyGeekyWench
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008 09:29:33 AM »

Jayne Cobb was a character in a Joss Whedon Series called Firefly.  They also made a movie for it called Serenity.  Jayne Cobb was the bragging, gun happy, Mercernary of the crew, but in one episode his momma sent him this hat.  and that's where it comes from.  if you ever get a chance get the show / movie and watch it, I loved the show it's sort of Sci-fi Western (ie "cowboys" outlaws ect. in space lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlebluegirl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008 10:29:19 AM »

Shiny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blithe314
Messy Haired Mommy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008 04:17:49 PM »

Jayne Cobb was a character in a Joss Whedon Series called Firefly.  They also made a movie for it called Serenity.  Jayne Cobb was the bragging, gun happy, Mercernary of the crew, but in one episode his momma sent him this hat.  and that's where it comes from.  if you ever get a chance get the show / movie and watch it, I loved the show it's sort of Sci-fi Western (ie "cowboys" outlaws ect. in space lol)

Cool!  Now I know!  That was a great and thorough explaination, so now I no longer have to stare vacantly when someone mentions this!  Smiley  Also, this hat is even cooler now that I know the cute story behind it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

earthtodavid
Yarn or Nintendo? Constant Struggle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008 12:47:15 AM »

I didn't know this hat was from the Firefly series.  Geez, now I have go hunt down the dvd set on ebay so I can see where it came from haha and I might have to make myself one of these hats now.  I have the movie Serenity on dvd and it is an awesome movie, but I've never seen the complete firefly series.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyGeekyWench
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008 09:47:00 AM »

I didn't know this hat was from the Firefly series.  Geez, now I have go hunt down the dvd set on ebay so I can see where it came from haha and I might have to make myself one of these hats now.  I have the movie Serenity on dvd and it is an awesome movie, but I've never seen the complete firefly series.

My husband and I started off w/the movie, I LOVED it, then I found out about the show (talk about a day late and a dollar short lol) so I made my hubby buy me the series, Honestly I never paid attention to the hat.  But hubby watched a dvd one day and had a fit then one of his favorite Podcasters got one and that was my last signal that I had to find out and make it for him.

Cool!  Now I know!  That was a great and thorough explaination, so now I no longer have to stare vacantly when someone mentions this!  Smiley  Also, this hat is even cooler now that I know the cute story behind it!

No problem, one of my MANY obsessions is tv/movies and useless knowledge.  I like to read up on stuff and go did you know during this movie blah blah blah happened? w/ that ability I've become adept at describing tv shows and movies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Essential Fall Trends: Military, Moto, Vests, Pea Coats
Cara Delevingne Models, Sings, Acts... And Plays Quarterback?
Candice Swanepoel To Wear Fantasy Bra
5 Ways To Wear PVC Vinyl Skirt
Your Thong Could Be Sabotaging Your Health
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...