My friend who can't live without VK (just as me) is going to study abroad for areally long time and I wanted to make her a farewell gift - so I came up with the idea of making two VK themed cell phone charms for each of us. Here's the tutorial!:
very thick paper (1mm thick), 7x8cm
Fimo (or another similar thing)
paper for pattern
some pad (plastic would be best)
black and silver acrylic paint
30 cm of silver chain
1 cell phone pendant
3 wires with loops
1 swarovski stone (optional)
very strong glue
1) Print and cut your favorite Vk pictures, you'll need 4 in two pairs. I made them 3.5x2cm and 3.8x2cm large
2) Cut 4 rectangles from the thick paper of the same measurements as the pics are (3.5x2 and 3.8x2 or whatever else you like).
3) Glue the pics onto the rectangles using the decoupage glue
4) Put the strong glue on the wrong sides of the rectangles and put the wires on it as shown.
5) Sandwich the wire between the rectangles, fix with pegs and let it dry.
Meanwhile it dries you'll make the Cross/Rose pendant.
6) Make two patterns: 2x2 cm bigger and 1.5x1.5 smaller. Mark the middle of each side of them. Roll the fimo out so that it'll be like 3 mm thick. Cut out one bigger and one smaller square using the patterns.
7) Put the wire into the bigger square as shown in the pic. DON'T LAY IT ON THE TOP, YOU HAVE TO SKICK IT INSIDE!
Make small marks in the middles of the sides.
9) Cut small triangles on the sides of the marks so that you'll get a cross as shown in the pic.
10) Make thin cylinders from the fimo.
11) Make the lining of the "squares" using the cylinders. Don't forget that you have to make the inner square inside the smaller square so that the edges won't reach the sides but they'll end a bit before they'd reach the square's edge... Hope the pic's more undestandable
12) Put the squares together as shown:Skip the blue steps if you don't want to have the crosses with Swarovski gems.
12a) Take a Swarovski gem that doesn't have flat back. Use the one for Rings and other metalwork.
12b) Put it in the middle and press carefully.
12c) Then take it just as carefully out. You do this because you need to bake it with the hole in which you'll put the gem afterwards,
13) Put it in the oven and bake (or do whatever the instructions on the material say)
Meanwhile it's baked or dries or does whatever else, you'll paint and polish the rectangles.
14) Paint the edges of the rectangles so that the paper won't be visible (now it's 3.5x2x0.2
) and make a frame if you want to.
15) Then polish one side and the edges and let it dry.
Meanwhile it dries finish the crosses
16) Paint it with black and let it dry.
17) Paint it with silver and when it dries take some of the silver paint off.
18) Make the patina with black paint and tissue (I used black nail polish cuz I didn't have black acrylic paint). And let it dry.18a) Glue the gems on.
19) Polish the edges and the upper side of the pendant.
Meanwhile it dries finish the rectangles.
20) Polish the down side and repeat the polishing one more time.
21) Prepare the cell phone charm and three pieces of the chain. Don't forget to close your eyes when you cut the chain. Make three different length.
22) Put the chains onto the pendant - longer, shortest, longest.
23) Put the three charms on the chains. The longest for the one with the wire on the edge, the shortest for the cross and the longer for the woth the wire in the middle of the side.
Don't use to sell stuff.