A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FRIENDSHIP GRANNY SQUARE SWAP R5 (SEPT) (CLOSED) Sendout 9/30  (Read 8329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bloomingkinder
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008 04:44:19 AM »

sent you my information
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettflow
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008 08:11:22 AM »

bloomingkinder....Got it!!  Glad to have you swapping with us:))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008 07:56:12 PM »

Ok I've been crocheting for over a year and have never made a granny square! I'm mostly an amigurumi girl. I would really like to join you all and begin making an afghan....is there a pattern that you can give me that you all use? With hook size so that I can get it the right size? If ya'll can give me a little help I would LOVE to be a part of this (and future) round(s).

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
indigo_roses
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008 11:28:42 PM »

It's really not hard at all. I never made a granny square until I signed up for the second round of this swap! CrochetPatternCentral has a lot of 8" patterns. http://dayna.tdgservices.com/Patterns.aspx also has some neat ones that I've used. Hook size all depends on your gauge. I usually have to go up a hook or two, but that's because I crochet tightly. Just measure your square, they should be 8" across in all directions. Also, since you usually do amigurumi, you'll be used to working in the round! You can make them in rows as well, though. They just aren't the more traditional granny square style. Feel free to pm me with any specific questions you have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Tygir

I am a leaf on the wind

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008 01:40:10 PM »

Yay! I just signed up. I hated missing the last round. I can't wait to get started  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008 05:41:58 PM »

It's really not hard at all. I never made a granny square until I signed up for the second round of this swap! CrochetPatternCentral has a lot of 8" patterns. http://dayna.tdgservices.com/Patterns.aspx also has some neat ones that I've used. Hook size all depends on your gauge. I usually have to go up a hook or two, but that's because I crochet tightly. Just measure your square, they should be 8" across in all directions. Also, since you usually do amigurumi, you'll be used to working in the round! You can make them in rows as well, though. They just aren't the more traditional granny square style. Feel free to pm me with any specific questions you have!

Thanks so much indigo_roses!! I think I'm going to dive into this one since I know I have help at a message length!! I'm going to be sending my info soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
indigo_roses
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008 07:23:17 PM »

Thanks so much indigo_roses!! I think I'm going to dive into this one since I know I have help at a message length!! I'm going to be sending my info soon!

No problem, I'm glad to hear you're signing up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
bettflow
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008 10:53:28 PM »

Hi everyone,

I only have a sec and wanted to jump in here to let ya'll know that we're leaving on vacation Sunday morning.  I will get caught up on messages, approving signups, etc. when I return home.  I will be back either Friday or Saturday and will be in touch then:))

I am praying for everyone who is having to deal with the hurricanes:(  Ya'll take care and stay safe!!!

Hugs,
bettflow
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SnapsAndDrangons
Snaps And Dragons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008 09:20:54 AM »

I really want to do this again.
it is to much fun not to.
I think i need to break down and get a book for designs though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention to me dancing with my girl, we have every intention of being failures in this world.

My Small Wists  http://wists.com/sarahelizroberts
indigo_roses
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008 12:57:53 PM »

I really want to do this again.
it is to much fun not to.
I think i need to break down and get a book for designs though.

A book would be useful, but it costs money. Being a college student, that's on short supply.  Tongue The internet has enough patterns for me, at least for now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make ZipSauce Chicken
How to Cook Steak With ZipSauce
How to Make ZipSauce Burgers
How to Cook Wild Duck
How to Make a Simple 5-Hour Roast Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...