A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
350 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My beloved Cheeto purse  (Read 1699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bella_domanie
« on: August 26, 2008 04:50:07 PM »

I made this months ago and didn't think to take pictures untill after about a month and a half after I had already been using it.  It did look a good bit better when I first made it.  Now I'm sad because it's starting to die.  On the back, the printed sheet is starting to peel off the shiny part of the bag.......

One of the best parts of this purse is, if I don't feel like taking it into the store, I can just push it up against the seat and no one will think it's anything but a bag of chips.  A couple times, checkers have tried to ring it up at the store before they realized that it's not Cheetos lol.  But, in light of the recent peeling of my beloved purse, I've been using a smaller one I made from a mini Cheeto bag.  It's probably about a quarter the size and only holds my ID, Bank Card, Discount Card, Keys, Chapstick and A Couple Scrunchies.  These bags are very sturdy and take a lot of crap.  No, it doesn't crinkle when I use it because of the way I made it.  And no, I don't eat all these chips.  My husband and daugter do.  I'm not much of a chip person unless I'm putting them in a sandwhich.  I also made one for my mom (who refuses to carry a purse so she uses an actual backpack....) out of a Lays Classic bag.  She loves it and has gotten a lot of compliments on it and has only had it for two days!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008 02:05:40 PM by bella_domanie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008 05:31:56 PM »

That's cute!  I just made a couple of purses from Funyuns bags (and I DID eat the chips!   Wink) and some Oreos packages (yup, ate those too.)  Mine are covered with vinyl on the front and have a fabric interior.  I'm trying to figure out how you constructed yours.  Is that duct tape?  Adorable!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 05:34:27 PM by threegirlsandaboy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ahoy Sailor!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008 06:41:03 PM »

so cool. great idea for when running into a store or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SkyyAngel
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008 02:04:05 PM »

I never really thought about it that way... people thinking it's just a chip bag. I mean, so what if you're mugged or your car is broken into, they're looking for a purse or wallet, not a bag of cheetos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theantihipster
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008 07:18:16 AM »

One of the best parts of this purse is, if I don't feel like taking it into the store, I can just push it up against the seat and no one will think it's anything but a bag of chips.

THAT is brilliant.
I live in a pretty shady place, and hang out in lots of other not-so-safe places where lots of my friends have had things stolen from their cars. What an excellent anti-theft device, that totally rules.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my new etsy shop! come see! come see!

www.madebylaurenb.etsy.com my new stuff
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Separate the Portrait from the Background
How to Use Distortion to your Advantage
How to Light a Macro Shoot
Comparison Between Abstract and Pictorial Photography
How to Light a Portrait with Small Flash Units Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...