A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Weird happenings, getting someone else's photos in my gallery!  (Read 11200 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008 06:49:28 PM »

I think of it like we have our own little folders in the file cabinet.  If you look above the pictures when you click "my picture hosting" it says:      
Home Member Galleries summertimerolls (for me).  So the program has to go through all the members to find your gallery.  If you click on member galleries then you get everyone's pictures.  But yours are all linked to you if you click on your name.  You shouldn't have to go through them all to find your picture.

Hmmm...whenever I click "My Picture Hosting" I see:
Home Member Galleries admin

Then, when I upload photos, it puts them in my own gallery. But, sometimes, I see all of the photos by others that were uploaded around the same time as mine. I have to click on one of my photos to actually get to my own gallery...

I've NEVER reached my own gallery by clicking on the "My Picture Hosting" link. How do I get to my own gallery?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008 07:01:25 PM »

that's odd!

when i click "My Picture Hosting", i get "Home Member Galleries crafty_dame" too.

you could search (on the upper right) your username, then click on one of the pictures it finds, then click on your name above... but you shouldn't have to do that much work to get to your gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008 08:54:39 PM »

Sounds like when you're in that view, it just looks at whatever order the photos were uploaded to our system.

exactamundo! Wink

dawt, is it possible that you've just been uploading pics at a non-busy time? i'm on the west coast, and usually online late at night, so that's when i do my uploading. i almost never have this happen when i upload at night, it's just when i upload during the day. i know it's been like this for a long time though.

i'm not sure i understand, if you don't want to look at the other photos, why don't you just go to your gallery? it's only one more click, really.

That's quite possible, crafty_dame, I do tend to be up till the wee hours of the morning and I never knew it was an issue until today. I just 'assumed' that it was like my flickr or Photobucket, where only my photos show up in my 'folder' and I don't have to stumble around strangers' pics to look through mine.

As for not wanting to see other people's photos, it's not that I don't want to see them, it's that I shouldn't have to. Sorting through other people's photos to find mine while I'm copying and pasting the links for swap threads and such just seems archaic in this day and age of high tech.

I guess I can get around it by doing the ctrl-click thing to open each photo in a new window. Still, I shouldn't have to.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008 09:08:58 PM »

Sounds like when you're in that view, it just looks at whatever order the photos were uploaded to our system.

exactamundo! Wink

dawt, is it possible that you've just been uploading pics at a non-busy time? i'm on the west coast, and usually online late at night, so that's when i do my uploading. i almost never have this happen when i upload at night, it's just when i upload during the day. i know it's been like this for a long time though.

i'm not sure i understand, if you don't want to look at the other photos, why don't you just go to your gallery? it's only one more click, really.

That's quite possible, crafty_dame, I do tend to be up till the wee hours of the morning and I never knew it was an issue until today. I just 'assumed' that it was like my flickr or Photobucket, where only my photos show up in my 'folder' and I don't have to stumble around strangers' pics to look through mine.

As for not wanting to see other people's photos, it's not that I don't want to see them, it's that I shouldn't have to. Sorting through other people's photos to find mine while I'm copying and pasting the links for swap threads and such just seems archaic in this day and age of high tech.

I guess I can get around it by doing the ctrl-click thing to open each photo in a new window. Still, I shouldn't have to.

I agree. Also, since I've done some programming and database work, one problem can be indicative of a system design flaw. Which could be big or small. But should definitely be researched.
Hopefully Leah and crew are on the case.

btw: When I click on:
"My Craftster -> My Picture Hosting"
I get a 3x4 grid of my pics. Just my pics. Just like expect to see. That's what you're expecting, right Dawt?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 09:12:22 PM by sactownsue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008 10:03:37 AM »

btw: When I click on:
"My Craftster -> My Picture Hosting"
I get a 3x4 grid of my pics. Just my pics. Just like expect to see. That's what you're expecting, right Dawt?

Yes, that's what I get, it's when I click on an individual picture to get the URL that the 'problem' begins. It's odd (to me, at least) that other people's photos would show up in a view that should only show one person's photos.

I would expect it to behave as the folders on my system, open a folder, open sub-folder, wah-la, there's the files I want to edit or whatever, with no intermingling of other files or folders.

I sure appreciate everyone's input and hope Leah's team can streamline this feature.  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008 10:42:40 AM »

Yeah, it's just not coded to stay within one personal gallery when in the individual/slideshow view.  We'll see if we can adjust that. Smiley

I am happy to know that everyone's main thumbnail gallery view works all right, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008 03:09:14 PM »

Ok Dawt, I sort misunderstood then...  Tongue
So I went and checked what happens in my account, a little while ago, and I click on my first pic and there is nothing before it. And there is nothing after the last of my photos. Which is what you are expecting and not getting. So my photo hosting is good.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008 07:24:52 PM »

Yeah, it's just not coded to stay within one personal gallery when in the individual/slideshow view.  We'll see if we can adjust that. Smiley

I am happy to know that everyone's main thumbnail gallery view works all right, though!

Hmmm... did you guys fix something? Cause I just clicked on "My Photo Hosting" and for the first time ever, I  got my own gallery of images! So, thanks for working your magic (and thanks to the gremlins for scramming if you didn't Wink )!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2008 07:55:45 PM »

We didn't change anything yet as far as I know.

If you click My Craftster, My Picture Hosting, then click on an individual picture to go to the slideshow mode, you'll still probably run into photos in other galleries.

If you click My Craftster, My Picture Hosting, it will show your personal gallery in one of the views you have selected (from the View dropdown menu in the upper right), as usual.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008 03:42:29 PM »

Okay, here's what's weird... It all works fine on my PC (go figure...), but on my Mac, I get the admin gallery when I click on "My Picture Hosting." So then, I don't know how to get to my own gallery (I can only get to my gallery when I upload a pic and then click on it...).

We didn't change anything yet as far as I know.

If you click My Craftster, My Picture Hosting, then click on an individual picture to go to the slideshow mode, you'll still probably run into photos in other galleries.

If you click My Craftster, My Picture Hosting, it will show your personal gallery in one of the views you have selected (from the View dropdown menu in the upper right), as usual.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Korean Beef Stir Fry
Learn to Make Hoisin Ribs and Chow Mein Noodles
Learn to Make Simple Dim Sum
Korean Food Made Simple with Chef Judy Joo
How to Make a Healthy Chicken Stir-Fry
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...