A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 292
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas 2008(This swap is over!!)  (Read 92665 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2810 on: December 12, 2008 10:41:55 AM »

Celtic's goodies are on their way to her now.  So she should be all set, and I'm done fussing with her stuff.

Almost done!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #2811 on: December 12, 2008 11:47:45 AM »

I have one more box to send. It's...edible...and causing me some problems. I'm on the 2nd batch and they keeps causin me problems! 

Anyone have any way of checking to see if your oven realy is the temperature it says it is?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

« Reply #2812 on: December 12, 2008 11:50:13 AM »

They have oven thermometers you can buy.

http://www.amazon.com/MIU-90069-Commercial-Oven-Thermometer/dp/B000JO0AHU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1229111452&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008 11:53:50 AM by Hollistercobabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
littlebiskit

« Reply #2813 on: December 12, 2008 12:17:39 PM »

Okay, so now that things are sent, I'm totally patting myself on the back for getting out of the house even close to on time this morning.

Do you know how difficult it is to get everything in the car, when "everything" consists of 4 boxes (not sealed shut because you ran out of packing tape), purse, diaper bag, and a half-asleep toddler who hates her coat/hat/mittens?  Uff dah!  Not to mention that it was ZERO FLIPPIN DEGREES when I left the house this morning.  *shivers*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2814 on: December 12, 2008 12:39:32 PM »

It's been snowing here like crazy all day today. I hate times like this because I get cabin fever but it does give my craft time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #2815 on: December 12, 2008 12:44:35 PM »

I have one more box to send. It's...edible...and causing me some problems. I'm on the 2nd batch and they keeps causin me problems! 

Anyone have any way of checking to see if your oven realy is the temperature it says it is?

oven thermometers, you can get those at the grocery store for around $5
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

« Reply #2816 on: December 12, 2008 12:50:05 PM »

The thermometor will help, but you may want to consider moving the rack in the oven---somethings need to be low in the oven, some need to be higher.  And in case you haven't already, check to make sure you're on bake vs broil, etc.  Not trying to say you're not smart or anything, but that sounds like something I would do, so I mention it.

Days 6-1 will be going out this afternoon, in about 2 hours, when our mail service comes and picks up the mail.  It's 19 lbs!!!  USPS said their site is having problems with the click to ship, but my only problem was that I printed on colored paper that already had text on it--oops, so I told the system it didn't print, then I just re purchased the postage and it worked!  Yippie!

I am so relieved to be done with this swap!  Between finishing this and the LSAT, I don't know what to do with myself!  It's nuts!

I really hope my partner likes everything, and doesn't mind the extra bits of thread and dog hair that no doubt made their way in to her package Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

« Reply #2817 on: December 12, 2008 12:54:19 PM »

I really hope my partner likes everything, and doesn't mind the extra bits of thread and dog hair that no doubt made their way in to her package Smiley

HA!  I think that whole statement is shared by a lot of us.  (Though in my case it's cat hair... or me hair.  I shed when I'm stressed, and work has been a BEAST!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2818 on: December 12, 2008 02:57:10 PM »

As others said oven thermometers, but new stoves/ovens beep when it is at the temperature.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #2819 on: December 12, 2008 03:10:38 PM »

As others said oven thermometers, but new stoves/ovens beep when it is at the temperature.

unfortunately not always true. i got a new oven earlier this year and i used my oven thermometer to see if it was accurate and it is 15 degree hotter than it should be. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 292 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Smooth, Shiny Hair
Easy Hair Extensions
Gloss Products Review
What to do With Thinning Hair
Beauty Hair Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...