A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 292
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas 2008(This swap is over!!)  (Read 90720 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2770 on: December 10, 2008 08:03:20 PM »

Happy Birthday Tattooedcrafter!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2771 on: December 10, 2008 08:14:03 PM »

I have finally finished Day 4! It and Day 6 were the days with no end in sight.

But Day 4 is done now, and I'm becoming more and more enamoured with the fourth item. Which is amazing. I had only a vague idea based on other things my partner has done, I have very little spare money so I had to pick from my stash something that might appeal to her tastes (it's variegated. Subtly. But it began with one of her favourite colours!).

It's obviously "Handmade with love by KW" because I ran out of yarn halfway through and had to substitute something that I'm pretending is a seamless match. I had nowhere near enough yarn anyway so I've modified the last part of the pattern to just make it fit.

Yet it's sitting here on the desk beside me looking wonderfully organic. It feels the way I like things to feel - smooth and heavy. It's becoming somehow beautiful and almost alive.

Weird.

God I hope dropdeadsuzie likes it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
misplacedhippie
« Reply #2772 on: December 10, 2008 08:16:41 PM »

Mailed! all finished! woot!

ALSO

Kansas let go of my package, but not before attacking it!

Hope its all there!
I live in a complex, the package goes in a locked office, no random people attacked it, I dont think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2773 on: December 10, 2008 11:25:22 PM »

I will be shipping everything that is left tomorrow with the exception of one of day 5s items. I will mail that separately. I bought a ____ and a ____ to make this something, and the ____ is here ready to go but the _____ is no where to be found. It has been eaten by the mess that has taken over my crafting area over the last week, I guess. So I will either find it or buy a new one, whip that item out and stick it in the mail ASAP.

I estimate I have spent about 20 hours over the last 2 days working on stuff. So glad to be almost done! I've got a tiny bit to finish up on one large for day 2 in the morning (have to wait for parts to dry first), about 20 mins total left on day 6, about 30-45 minutes left on day 4, and about 30-45 minutes on the other item for day 2, then photograph, wrap, and ship. YAY!   

But for now, bed time! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: December 10, 2008 11:53:38 PM »

Cry Beware all there are mean horriable mail theives out there! It's been confirmed 5 packages stolen. Be careful! I hope no one else has this happen to them!

disgusting! ive had this happen with a few birthday presents ive sent overseas. i hate this ! Angry Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.w ordpress.com/
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #2775 on: December 11, 2008 12:02:48 AM »

i really don't understand the world these days. i mean, no reason is a good reason to steal stuff off of peoples doorsteps. it's just cruel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #2776 on: December 11, 2008 05:12:08 AM »

So... I was freaking out at 11:30 last night because I was trying to get my gifts wrapped and in shipping boxes, and realized I hadn't seen my Day 1 item in a loooong time.  I spent an hour sneaking around my dark house trying not to wake people up, trying to find it.  Tore my craft room apart.  Finally went to bed, still not having found it, feeling absolutely sick.

Luckily, this morning when my mom called, she said she thought she saw it in my daughter's room of all places.  So yay for not having to whip up a substitute gift! 

However, boo for likely having to send late.  I'm shipping Day 6 today on my lunch break, but tonight I'm bell ringing for the Salvation Army and won't have time to both get everything wrapped and shipped, AND get to my station by 6pm.   Sad  Sorry for the delay celtic!  I'll ship them tomorrow on my lunch break. 

And wish me luck on not freezing to death tonight while I'm bell ringing.  They're forecasting a high temp of 18 degrees today.  (Fahrenheit!  NOT CELCIUS!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #2777 on: December 11, 2008 05:23:03 AM »

And wish me luck on not freezing to death tonight while I'm bell ringing.  They're forecasting a high temp of 18 degrees today.  (Fahrenheit!  NOT CELCIUS!)

gotta love minnesota, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #2778 on: December 11, 2008 05:29:22 AM »

Indeed!  HEY!  I'm going to be at the Walgreen's on 114th by Cub from 6-8 if you're around.  Stop by and say hi!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Silly

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: December 11, 2008 08:22:36 AM »

That totally sucks that packages have been stolen Sad

On the plus side, it's exciting to see everyone finishing!  I can't wait for the gallery Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By the way, I never liked your face.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 292 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Create A Fake Short Bob
Reverse Hair Damage with Your Diet
How To Manage "2nd Day" Hair
How to Style Half Up Prom Hair
Fashion Phenomenon: The Colourists’ Bar
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...