A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,043
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 292
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas 2008(This swap is over!!)  (Read 91225 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2200 on: November 12, 2008 01:59:24 PM »

Ooooh okay. But still kinda cool to see your name up there huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #2201 on: November 12, 2008 02:04:21 PM »

Ooooh okay. But still kinda cool to see your name up there huh?

I admit it was cool at first but then I thought .... "i have spent 150 days of my life not only logged onto craftster but being active on craftster."

crazy if you ask me! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

« Reply #2202 on: November 12, 2008 02:06:00 PM »

That page is pretty neat! (I love data!) *is a nerd*  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hellobint
DuckyFuzz craft

craftastic!

« Reply #2203 on: November 12, 2008 02:07:30 PM »

the stats page is cool - i look and get surprised at how much of my life i've spent on craftster!  last time i looked i was at about 18 days.  if you think about those stats that you spend like 3 years travelling to & from work - i'm aiming to spend that amount of time craftstering!  

iamafundork - happy to hear things are coming on!  I remember last year getting about half way through and just realising what i had let myself in for!  i'll be crafting away whilst i'm gone, just think how much craft time i'll have without the internet to distract me  Wink  - i'm not sure how i'll cope!

now unfortunately the day has come when my internet will be disconnected, so i must leave you all.....  Good luck, merry crafting and i'll be back in 2 weeks! preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee')
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting the love x
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2204 on: November 12, 2008 02:16:59 PM »

I have been spending ALL day today crafting for a craft fair I've got next week.  And I spent a great portion of yesterday doing so as well, but!!!

I did finish 3 smalls yesterday - not as much as I had hoped to, but still not bad.  I plan on making more progress later tonight, and tomorrow and Friday as well.

And I will be taking my portable crafts TO the craft fair so I can work on them while I wait for people to buy my things.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

celticgoddess

Extinction is forever

« Reply #2205 on: November 12, 2008 03:36:37 PM »

O.k. I reworked my days. So, here's my list:

Day 12: 5/12
Day 11: DONE
Day 10: 1/10
Day 9:   0/9  <- 7 started
Day 8:   7/8
Day 7:   0/7
Day 6:   3/6
Day 5:   0/5
Day 4:   2/4
Day 3:   DONE
Day 2:   1/2
Day 1:   .33/1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was on the moon at the time.....with Steve.

http://www.wists.com/celticgoddess

http://pinterest.com/lovezombie/
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

« Reply #2206 on: November 12, 2008 04:00:01 PM »

Just finished the last of my day 12! WOO! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2207 on: November 12, 2008 04:09:00 PM »

i just wasted nearly an HOUR of my life on a documentary, i need a bath and a glass of rum now...lol

i am almost done with the first half of the swap, and about 1/2 done with the second...woo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
mimiw
« Reply #2208 on: November 12, 2008 04:49:10 PM »

I finally decided on my day 1 and hope to start on it tomorrow.  Then, a trip to the fabric store may be in order...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2209 on: November 12, 2008 05:30:59 PM »

Have you been to g-street, yet , mimiw?  Wink

I got two mediums finished yesterday, and munged a third medium. That was the last chance for a certain product that I have had issues with before, now I am going to go and get one that I know works  Roll Eyes

I know there was a discussion of shipping a little while ago, so I will share the rules of shipping that I've learned from being in STS for twenty rounds (and hundreds of packages).

Within the US:
First choice: first class. This is anything up to 13 oz. To qualify for a DCN, the package has to be fat enough. If your package is thin like a letter, stick a styrofoam popcorn in it to make it fat but not heavy. Sending coast to coast can be super fast, like overnight; shipping to the middle of the country takes up to a week.
If your package is just a little over 13 oz, go with priority. For things around the 1-lb mark, priority is nearly the same cost as parcel post and much faster. Do not use the flat rate boxes unless your item is heavy, it is cheaper to send lighter packages priority in a non flat rate box.
For really heavy things, it is parcel post unless you can fit it into the flat rate box. Parcel post takes 1-2 weeks, and sometimes usps runs over it with a truck, especially if it is marked "fragile".

From the US to other countries:
Try as much as possible to keep your package under 4 lbs. For the majority of countries, 4 lb is the cutoff between first class international (formerly known as airmail) and priority international. Check the usps.gov "country conditions for mailing" page for the destination country to find charts of shipping rates (here is the example for canada: http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/ce_003.htm). The guy at my local post office says that usps contracts out the first class international stuff to some private carrier, so sometimes the shipping is faster to go first class than priority.
The priority flat rate int'l boxes are generally a bad deal unless you are sending something small and heavy; the flat rate envelope can sometimes be a good deal to certain countries if you can manage to squish your items in there. If you are sending first class or the flat rate priority envelope, you can use the short green customs form; for all other priority int'l packages, you need the long carbon copy form with the plastic baggie. Get these forms ahead of time and fill them out, this will make your postal worker at the desk very happy. If you have a scale and can write in the weights at home, they will be thrilled.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 292 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Production Studio - Working with the Scrub Tool
Adobe Production Studio - Adjusting Panels and Saving a Custom Workspace
Adobe Production Studio - Looking at the Mixer Panel in the Multitrack View
Adobe Production Studio - Editing in the Spectral Frequency Display View
Adobe Production Studio - Introducing the Adobe Audition 2.0 Interface
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...