A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 292
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas 2008(This swap is over!!)  (Read 95836 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #900 on: September 18, 2008 01:00:40 PM »

Since everyone else is complaining,  I will jump on the bandwagon also. I truthfully feel like I want to cancel this swap altogether. I would have to say at least 40% of you have some problem with the pairings. And that is fine and you are totally allowed to have your feelings but I didn't half ass the partners I stayed up until 2AM on tuesday night and got up at 8AM the next morning and worked until almost 3PM. So these were not thrown together.

If it is a major problem, and you cannot or do not want to craft for the person you were given, please tell me now. I will get a swap mod to remove the swap fromyour profile and you can move along to another christmas swap.

i just love all the christmas spirit that is exuding from my inbox........ oh wait. there isn't any. sorry scratch that

I'm sorry that I was one of the people that upset you, but well, mine was an allergy issue. Undecided  I'm all set to craft for my second partner, though!

I hope this doesn't mean you won't be in the chat room occasionally. Since you aren't swapping, I was hoping some of us could keep you enough in the loop that you could swap vicariously. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #901 on: September 18, 2008 01:04:14 PM »

I'm sorry that I was one of the people that upset you, but well, mine was an allergy issue. Undecided 

this is a valid complaint that was overlooked in the pairings. nothing wrong here Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
misplacedhippie
« Reply #902 on: September 18, 2008 01:46:10 PM »

Really?!? not like a partner?  I see it as a challenge - you, girl who has no children, craft for a lady with a house full! Slightly intimidated after some stalking, yes... after viewing swap packages she sent, wow! Then I started reading the questionaire.  This spawned a million questions, which have been answered. Which gave me millions of Ideas! now to determine which ones to run with, and which ones to not attempt!

The only problem I encountered: I received both my partners, and my questionnaires.  Easily fixed after my partner mentioned she hadn't received my questionnaire yet, I just forwarded it! I think they were timestamped like 3am, so that is totally not Kishes fault!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #903 on: September 18, 2008 01:51:36 PM »

The only problem I encountered: I received both my partners, and my questionnaires.  Easily fixed after my partner mentioned she hadn't received my questionnaire yet, I just forwarded it! I think they were timestamped like 3am, so that is totally not Kishes fault!

lol I usually send 1 PM to both swappers; with their own questionnaire as well as their partners but craftster sent me an error message saying i had exceeded the 2400 word limit. all 66 questionnaires topped off at 1.5 million words according to my WORD DOC. yeah, million! Tongue

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT DID NOT RECEIVE THEIR PARTNER'S QUESTIONNAIRE???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #904 on: September 18, 2008 02:54:22 PM »

Yanno, I read through my partner's questionnaire and a little of me thought "Oh no. I don't do this stuff, I don't understand the attraction."

Then I thought a little harder. I don't get it, I don't understand it - but the sort of stuff she likes is the sort of stuff I think I've made before. Made before and enjoyed making before, because it was something different for me to think up ideas around.

In fact, the first idea I've had for my partner is a something I swore to myself that I wasn't going to make following a theme that is not me. It should suit her though. Provided I can work out how to make what I'm thinking.

This is going to be fun. I'd love to know why Kish partnered us up - but asking that might put her in a difficult place :p

And to my dear partner - I've not yet had the time to sit down and think up a PM to you. But I'm about to go to work, so maybe I can do it there Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #905 on: September 18, 2008 03:09:23 PM »

I'd love to know why Kish partnered us up - but asking that might put her in a difficult place :p

I think since hardly anyone feels there are commonalities/reasons within the partnering you should just assume that there is not one reason why anyone was partnered up. maybe that will make things easier on all of us. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicolatte
« Reply #906 on: September 18, 2008 03:14:36 PM »

I think I might speak for alot of swappers who were maybe confused/upset/worried/whatever about the partnering, is that first day swap jitters really took over. At least, I think that's what happened to me! Cheesy Me and my partner are very different, and that might be for other people too. But you know what they always say: communication is DEFINITELY the best way to have a great swap. I admit, I got worried and nervous after reading my partner's questionaire, as we have different tastes in some things. But we started talking and after asking tons of questions, everything is much, much better now! Get to know your parter, and maybe you will find you have interests in common that weren't even noted on the questionaire, I know we sure did! Or type up a small bio about yourself and get to actually know eachother. My partner and I have already sent each tons of PMs back and forth, and I already think everything will be totally fine.

I wish everyone else luck, and I think this will be a great swap. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all of my jewelry : www.ShiningIsFree.etsy.com
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #907 on: September 18, 2008 03:21:08 PM »

I am happy with my partner. We do have some things in common and as others have said it is all part of swapping. Sometimes you have something in common, sometimes you don't. But there has to be at least one thing that you and your partner will have in common.

I am actually having fun figuring out what I will make. I am making a list as well as drawing up ideas the rest of this week and weekend so I have a set plan for what I am doing. And hey I may only know how to knit and purl but I have always wanted to learn to cable so I am definately going to do this. Besides it doesn't look that hard, this coming from someone who can sew a formal dress and vest in three days, drafting the pattern, lining, zippers, everything. So things tend to look real easy to me.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

« Reply #908 on: September 18, 2008 03:42:27 PM »

I'm having a major problem with coming up with TOO MANY things. I'm hoping we stay friends for awhile because I've already came up with about a hundred things just to buy for her and her family.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #909 on: September 18, 2008 03:46:02 PM »

I'm having a major problem with coming up with TOO MANY things. I'm hoping we stay friends for awhile because I've already came up with about a hundred things just to buy for her and her family.

you could be like rira and I am just do an Invite Your Partner swap next year! HAHA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 292 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Triple Onion Tart
Turkey Day Leftovers
Perfect Burger Recipe with Bobby Flay
How to Make French Toast Christmas Trees
Pan Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...