A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,306
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 292
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas 2008(This swap is over!!)  (Read 105778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #890 on: September 18, 2008 11:27:07 AM »

i LOVE my partnering...i think its going to be a GREAT swap

and as an organizer, i know its impossible to make everyone 100% matched, and sometimes you have to even go against the questionairre cos there are no other options...

i think that it would be hard to have a partner i was completely the opposite of, but i wouldnt complain so much as seek the challenge out in a positive way...first asking my partner if they are uncomfortable...everyone has differences, but unless it goes against the very fabric of your beliefs, i dont think its worth complaining over

just my opinion though

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #891 on: September 18, 2008 11:27:47 AM »

I love my second partner now that I don't have to worry about the allergy thing. I have a million ideas, off to do more stalking, thank you so much Kish. I love having a partner that is different then I am, I think it makes it more fun and exciting  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #892 on: September 18, 2008 11:32:30 AM »

The only thing on my partners questionnaire that I didn't like was she said she hated pink. I looked at it and went "WHAT?! HOW COULD THAT BE?! NOOOOOOO!!!!"

Alas, I will have to deal with this person that does not like pink.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #893 on: September 18, 2008 11:33:28 AM »

kish, I am so sorry that you have been inundated with complaints and whining  Cry. The fun of a swap is crafting for the theme and partner.  In this case, we are making treats for someone for the holidays (no matter what you or your partner are celebrating or how you celebrate it).  I'm excited!  I have been stalking, making lists, and sketching out ideas all day.  And, if my partner ( Kiss bluwave06) crafts her best and I craft mine, then happiness and joy will fill our holiday season.

And if someone wants a particular partner, then join a personal swap.  The most fun I have in organized group swaps is the mystery of my partner...who will they be, what will they like.  All those with jitters, PM your partner; communication can solve lots of your worries.

Well, I'm off to think of how I'm going fulfill my partner's wishes.  I really am having too much fun already in this swap.

Kiss kish, I'm sending you hugs!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 11:36:02 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #894 on: September 18, 2008 11:50:27 AM »

The only thing on my partners questionnaire that I didn't like was she said she hated pink. I looked at it and went "WHAT?! HOW COULD THAT BE?! NOOOOOOO!!!!"

Alas, I will have to deal with this person that does not like pink.  Grin

I'm now picturing you in a craft room filled with only pink things, staring at your computer in horror.  LOL.

You're hilarious.

I'm always careful not to put colors that I don't like.  I mean, as a rule I'm not fond of yellow or orange, but I've seen some things in those colors that have been amazing and beautiful, and that I would have killed to own.  Though I can sympathise with certain aversions to that most Barbie of colors.  LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Gomerriffic
« Reply #895 on: September 18, 2008 11:56:33 AM »

I think my partner is fab! I desperately wanted someone in the UK or overseas at least. She wanted someone in the USA! Annnnnnnnd what she likes is what I'm best at so woohoo!  I've got a lot of ideas and only just a bit of time stalking so far...well "official stalking" as in not stalking the entire board. Cheesy

Much love to you Kish!  & thanks for doing this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #896 on: September 18, 2008 12:03:18 PM »

Ahh Kish! I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. *hugs*

I think you did such a wonderful job partnering everyone. It's a very hard job, and I can't imagine doing it for such a big swap. If you managed to partner everyone taking into account the shipping and the allergies, then you were very successful since those are the most important things.  Smiley

I know it can be scary reading your partner's questionnaire and finding out you have nothing in common, but for me that's all part of the swap experience. I like the challenge of having to craft outside of my comfort zone and having to exercise my creative muscle.   Cheesy For the Giant Multi Theme swap one of the theme my partner chose was Day of the Dead, which is not in my taste at all, but I had so much fun with it! I had to do research on it, that pleased the nerd in me.  Smiley And anyway this is such a big swap, there's so many possibilities for all the items and crafts we can make for each other, I can't believe someone couldn't come up with something that fit their partner's tastes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #897 on: September 18, 2008 12:05:04 PM »

Man, Kish that sucks!!  But ya know what?  You can't please everyone all the time. Tongue  That's my motto.  Not everyone is a fan so let 'em leave if they want.  It might be better off that way anyways.  Swaps are supposed to be fun!  I just don't get it!  I'm happy with my partner!  I like crafting for people whose tastes are out of my comfort zone.  It really gets the creative juices going and I always end up trying something new.  You're doing a great job, try not to worry about it! Kiss  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
mimiw
« Reply #898 on: September 18, 2008 12:28:46 PM »

We are crafting for each other, not getting married. 

I think this is the best thing that has been said so far  Cheesy  It is really easy to get caught up in the differences between you and someone else but it can also be such a great learning experience. 

Also, keep in mind that not everything has to be "themed" so you have so much more freedom with this swap than others.  I am sure there are lots of "neutral" items that can be made that partners will enjoy.  And just for the record - I despise pink but I have had my fair share of partners who love it and have built up quite a pink fabric stash.  It hasn't killed me yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewingLori
« Reply #899 on: September 18, 2008 12:50:31 PM »

Hey Guys... this swap is TOTALLY fun. I was in on it last year. My partner and I were not very alike but we both put our best efforts into making stuff for each other. The unfortunate part of it all was that I had to go buy craft supplies and fabric that I didn't have in my stash... Roll Eyes Come on!!! Like any of you don't want to go get more stuff.  Tongue

Hang in there, kiddos! You may be surprised with what turns up. Smiley and like Jenicat said we "are not getting married." This swap takes a lot of time and effort and you may be frustrated, but take that frustration out on your crafting and make some awesome stuff for your partner.

PS. My partner is great. Thanks Kish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 292 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get a 60s Beehive Ponytail
VF NEWS: Carmen Marc Valvo Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
VF COLLECTIONS: Paul Smith Spring/Summer 2015 - London Fashion Week
Why a Layered Haircut Is Crucial for Gorgeous, Styled Locks
Homemade Shampoo Alternatives
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...