A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 292
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas 2008(This swap is over!!)  (Read 90821 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moonshae
« Reply #600 on: September 12, 2008 02:40:00 PM »

I also love Goodwill for books, I seriously found a first edition Vogue sewing book in perfect condition for $1.50 in there (would have been $3 but it was a holiday sale).  I absolutely love all the wonderful mod photographs and drawings it has in it.  It pays serious tribute to a time when fashion was all about couture (says the girl who lives in T's and jeans lol)

"When clothing was couture" is why I'm at school learning how to make clothes and patterns. In a class full of people who just want to be designers and hate making things wearing $5 tshirts from China grrrr...

A friend bought me a sewing book from the 50s, it's awesome. And scarily fashionable in places!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #601 on: September 12, 2008 03:29:34 PM »

I also love Goodwill for books, I seriously found a first edition Vogue sewing book in perfect condition for $1.50 in there (would have been $3 but it was a holiday sale).  I absolutely love all the wonderful mod photographs and drawings it has in it.  It pays serious tribute to a time when fashion was all about couture (says the girl who lives in T's and jeans lol)

"When clothing was couture" is why I'm at school learning how to make clothes and patterns. In a class full of people who just want to be designers and hate making things wearing $5 tshirts from China grrrr...

A friend bought me a sewing book from the 50s, it's awesome. And scarily fashionable in places!

I am a huge vintage sewing book fanatic. I especially love the 1940/50's ones. I have well over 20 vintage books, and everytime I go to a sale, the bookstore or the annual boy scout sale I scrounge for these books. The best thing about the boy scout sale the following weekend they have a free day so most times I wait until then to get them. I can always tell the 1950's ones as they have a green cover.

I am currently a fashion design student, too but have pretty much been self taught. But am still learning new things everyday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #602 on: September 12, 2008 03:41:07 PM »

Wow, I love how huge the swapper list is getting.  Is it silly that I get all excited when there is a swapper of the non-female persuasion on the list?  I just lurv it!  Yay for boys!  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
SheridanLA
Something Sparkly

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 12, 2008 03:55:07 PM »

I just spent an hour on my 12 Days Spreadsheet. I have all of my days blocked out where I will keep track of what I made for each day. I have a list of ideas of things to buy, things to make, and I've already came up with a list of "themes" for each day. Everything can be changed easily once I stalk my partner, like "favorite color day".

I'm just so darn excited!!! I'm going to buy all of my wrapping paper and bows this weekend!!!

snerk.. overachiever. Wink

kidding.. what a good idea.. I might take that technique and borrow it. Smiley

Grin I had to do SOMETHING. I was sitting here yesterday trying to convince myself it's not too early to put up the Christmas tree. I finally asked my husband and he said I have to wait until at least November 1st. I guess I can tolerate that since I usually put it up Thanksgiving night.

I am lucky in I live alone and have actually worked twinkle lights into a lovely addition to my everyday decor.. helps with getting my twinkle light fix in between the holiday seasons Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewingLori
« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2008 04:29:34 PM »

I just sent my info in. I can't believe I am doing this swap again. It is SO MUCH work, but so fun and worth it, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #605 on: September 12, 2008 04:46:43 PM »

Wow, I love how huge the swapper list is getting.  Is it silly that I get all excited when there is a swapper of the non-female persuasion on the list?  I just lurv it!  Yay for boys!  LOL

No not at all! My hubby helped picked some fabric for the lining of a bag I was commissioned for and I was deliriously happy! It is my dream that one day my hubby will craft with me. It may be a pipe dream, but I'm good with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: September 12, 2008 04:55:59 PM »

Every once in a while, at a yarn store, my hubby will be looking at some awesome yarn and he'll say, "do you have any books with good instructions for learning to knit?"

I think I have to stop screaming for joy when he says it, though...I think that scares him...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2008 05:00:02 PM »

Heh, my husband actually enjoys going to Michael's and things like that.  He has pretty much done all the decorating in our house, and I must say, done a darn good job.  If it wasn't for the fishing and the football and the pr0n, I might be concerned for my marriage!  LOL

Shocked

Wink

(Inappropriate!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
ckchan
« Reply #608 on: September 12, 2008 05:02:01 PM »

My fiance just asked me if I wanted to go to JoAnn's today!  Yay!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2008 05:04:57 PM »

Men and their pron eh? Lol you make me laugh biskit Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 292 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 30/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 7/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 5/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 6/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 3/30
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...