A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Yarn Store in South Scottsdale!  (Read 3522 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chris_wass
« on: August 25, 2008 08:05:07 PM »

A new yarn store just opened up in south Scottsdale, and I checked it out today. I was really happy to find a really nice space with a good selection, and everyone was very nice there. They have a very good selection of sock and worsted weight yarns, and a few nicer novelty yarns. The only thing lacking for me is a selection of sport weight yarns, as I like finer yarns for more versatile weather garment wearing here. They also have a nice selection of wood and bamboo knitting needles. I talked to CJ, and she said that shell be updating and changing up her inventory as people make requests.

They'll be publishing a class schedule soon. There is a big area for classes, including a washing machine for felting, and a lounge area with sofas and a TV. Right now, they are open M-Sat, she said that she does want to be open on Sundays as well, to be open 7 days. Shes working on getting staffing up by the time football season starts, to give people a FoodTV-watching knitting haven for knitting away from the footballers. They are open until 8pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There was some snarky chatter on Ravelry about her sign reading "Knit Happen's". She was also horrified by the awful incorrect apostrophe in her temporary sign (and the awful font), but didnt think that it was worth making a huge deal over something temporary, but people ask her about it all the time. It has become kind of a joke.

If anyone wants to go there and have a little knit-in on a Tuesday night from 6-8, Id be up for it!

Knit Happens
7777 E Indian School Rd
Scottsdale AZ, 85251
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop: http://chriswass.etsy.com
The Phoenix United Craft Society: http://www.phucs.com

"To make people free is the aim of art, therefore art for me is the science of freedom." -Joseph Beuys
kstewart
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009 06:30:49 PM »

when checking out Scottsdale Vacation Packages I noticed that there are a lot of nice yarn places in Scottsdale. There are many <url="http://www.scottsdale-hotel.bz/"]>Scottsdale Hotels[/url] that have great location and have many yarn stores near them. It's awesome to be there. I love Scottsdale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Solarts
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009 02:44:51 AM »

Great! Sounds like fun. Thanks.
I discovered a great yarn shop in Tempe called Tempe Yarn.
http://tempeyarnandfiber.blogspot.com/
1415 East University Drive
Suite A103
Tempe, Arizona 85281
(In the University Plaza
Between Rural & McClintock)
(The shop is off of University and Rural road. Go east on University and it's about a mile and a half or so and the store is inside a small strip mall across from a thai restaurant on the south side. )
It's not a huge shop like Joanne's craft store. There is a variety of beautiful colorful yarn,
wool for felting, and other types of wool, some felting kits, and there is even some fun knitting or crocheting classes there.
Solarts Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bake Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
7 Easy-to-Make Yogurt Snacks That Taste Like Dessert
How to Make Carrot Cake Pops
How to Make Flower-Pot Cakes
Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s Lemon Poppy Trifle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...