A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How many machines do you have?  (Read 5148 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008 12:35:33 PM »

Xangomommy you wouldn't have wanted to run that machine with it's old cloth covered plug wires anyway- scary fire hazard! Good News: replacing an electrical cord on that age machine is wonderfully easy Smiley or if you convert to hand crank it should be easy (heck it might have been a hand crank).
Exactly! To have the wiring on my singer fixed was like 25.00 and the guy gave me a new power cord. That was safe and not fabric covered. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xangomommy
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2008 01:36:15 PM »

Penlow and Eliea - I have been told that it's fairly easy to do a do-it-yourself cord change. If you have instructions on them, I'd love a copy. I took a class once on how to do simple electrical repairs...light switches, putting in dimmers and such ... so I'm guessing I may be able to do it myself with the proper instructions.

Thanks for your input:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2008 09:51:14 PM »

If you have a text book from that class I bet it's got a section or replacing lamp cords or making lamps. Wouldn't be too different Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xangomommy
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2008 09:10:36 PM »

Thanks Penlowe. Unfortunately, it wasn't that type of class. It was at a community center so we had no books. I'm going to try the library though to see what I can find on instructions.

Edited:  In keeping with this thread, I forgot to mention that I am up to 7 with my newest edition I posted on the Let's See Your Sewing Machine thread.  I said I was only going to have  5 at a time so I'm considering selling a couple -- just not sure which 2.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008 04:03:32 PM by xangomommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
splenda

you're standing on my neck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2008 10:36:30 AM »

I have three at the moment. I've had a total of 6 machines.
Currently:
-Viking Husqvarna 180 from 1986. It was my moms and my most used machine
-Precision Sovereign Sewing Machine (a generic made in japan from 1950s. Its not running quite yet as it needs a new food pedeal)
-Singer Slant o matic 500a. My friend's mother GAVE this beautiful machine to me. here is a picture after i cleaned it:

In the past I had:
-Industrial Universal Zig Zag Deluxe Sewing Machine (another generic from japan in the 1950s. i regret selling it)
-Singer 640 Touch N Sew (Sold it)
-Kenmore 158 (sold it)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008 10:39:06 AM by splenda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now there's a look in your eyes,
like black holes in the sky
Shine on you craaaaaazy diamond.
splenda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2008 10:49:14 AM »

Very old (1950s?) Coronado Precision De-Luxe from the Sally Ann for $10.  This has an external motor and is heavier than a brick .... house (fill it in!) The only problem is that when I plug the machine in the motor starts running about a million miles per hour and there is no off button.  The foot pedal does nothing for it.  My dad is going to take a look at it tomorrow to see what can be done.

I'm in the same boat. I don't even have a foot pedal for it. I figured the foot pedal plugged into the machine but i don't see a place for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michellegio_sew
Seamstress ..... Not Sewer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2008 11:38:09 AM »

I'm in the same boat. I don't even have a foot pedal for it. I figured the foot pedal plugged into the machine but i don't see a place for that.

the coronado plugged into an external plug in.  It was attached to the base of the carrying case. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here.
splenda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2008 06:55:17 AM »

the coronado plugged into an external plug in.  It was attached to the base of the carrying case. 

That could be a problem... This one came in a sewing cabinet but had no carrying case. Wah. Oh well, it only cost me 8 bucks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fruity75
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008 05:03:03 PM »

I have a Janome 3400 (I think) 2006, I gave my brother machine away when I bought this (don't miss it either) I do miss my 1886 Ward's treadle, purchased for $10, quite unique...sorry to say I sold it for $50 because I moved. I have a 1951 Singer at my neighbor's attic, well I gave it to them and they said I can have it back at anytime, so I might take them up on it. I have a serger I bought new in 95.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michellegio_sew
Seamstress ..... Not Sewer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008 07:05:33 AM »

That could be a problem... This one came in a sewing cabinet but had no carrying case. Wah. Oh well, it only cost me 8 bucks. 

I found the part you need once on this website:
http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland.com/store/index.html
just incase you are interested! It looks like a power outlet on your wall, only not on your wall and in a case!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Christmas Tree Nails
Self Magazine’s Perfect Stocking Stuffers
Day to Night Hairstyle Tutorials
Ciaté Puts the Polish on Last Minute Christmas Gifts
Indulging in Chocolate Without the Calories
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...