A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Children's Wish Swap Round 1 Gallery of Goodness  (Read 5753 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: August 25, 2008 12:43:37 PM »

Post 'em when you get 'em!

This is the gallery for the Ongoing Children's Wish Swap Round 1
Here is a link to the swap thread....
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=261055.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008 08:56:15 PM »

okay, I don't have pictures, I will post those sometime tomorrow b/c the kids are in bed right now, but we received our package from kianee today.  First off, Tons and Tons (serious probably a pound or two )of the good stuff.  Chocolate!  It did melt, but none of the packages leaked, not one drop.  Which is pretty amazing since it was soupy and not everything was in plastic but in paper wrappers!  But 15 in the fridge and it was good to go---right into our bellies!

Then she sent snoodies for the kids.  So cute.  They didn't know quite what to do with them at first, but they figured it out!  They will probably be kept in the van, that way when it is raining and they both think they will melt b/c Grammy has told them they (the kids) are made out of sugar (yep, from the south), the little boogers won't have to get their heads wet.

Oh, we're not even done yet....then she carved and sent awesome stamps.  A karate girl for Liv and a train for Ben.  Perfect.  They stamped an entire post it note pad with images and put them everywhere in the house. 
Thanks so much, you are too kind.  I should also state that this cost a small fortune to send to us, so you deserve a treat!

Okay, photos are going slow.  But here are the scoodies:  The stamps will have to be after the kids clean their rooms and find them for me.  I don't enter their rooms until they are clean!

Olivia holding about half the chocolate and wearing her snood.  When we opened it we just laughed b/c that is one of my FAVORITE Ikea fabrics and she always goes with me to Ikea to buy it.

Ben's snood missing Ben.  He is sick today and not in the mood for a photo shoot.  His has a train embroidered on the side...very cool!

Thanks and I'll add pictures of the stamps which are way cool too.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008 03:17:33 PM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
Catrinau
Crocheter. Graphic Designer. Mother.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008 10:43:26 AM »

kitschkween received, so I'm gonna post some pics. Smiley 

I made her 3 soft balls that make noise. Smiley  I created my own little pattern to make them up because I couldn't find one I liked. Smiley

Elmo - sings ABC's

Cookie Monster - rattles

And Jack Skellington (my fave) - rattles
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaymadben
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008 08:36:27 PM »

OMG! Summertimerolls, those scoodies are fabulous! So cute! And Cat- the balls you made are so cool! How does elmo sing ABC's? Seriously, how creative you are. I love the cookie monster the best. **runs to add cookie monster ball to list!**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
Jinkies
Creatalicious!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008 12:10:03 PM »

I received from Summertimerolls today!!!!!!!

Aren't these UGLY? I love them!!! I don't know if I'll be able to hold onto them until Christmas, they may make a better 'First Day of School' surprise!

THANK YOU!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen/Jinkies

Currently swapping:

Once You Pop Halloween - SOD  9/27
kaymadben
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008 12:56:15 PM »

ACK! I haven't heard from my partner if she received or not and come to think of it I think I might have put MA for Maine on the address. I know I know, how dumb, but I'm just not good with abbreviations. But I could tell you all the state capitals.  Grin ARGH, off to PM her to see if she received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008 01:07:51 PM »

Jinkies,
I'm glad to see they found their way out of that little box.  I had to shove them in there.  The perfect thing about making those, is that you don't have to be perfect at all!  They are supposed to be ugly right?  I  I found myself trying to make stitches even, eyeballs even, then I just thought "oh bother...they are so goofy anyway, it will add to their charm"  My hubby likes these a lot.  Of everything I've made he said these were the coolest.  Sad since I totally copied, but oh well.  I know I'll be making more!

It would make a great first day of school present.  Today was the first day for my daughter and it sure would have beat the $20.00 barbie I bought her.  I should have thought of that!!!  I hate Barbie.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008 01:10:22 PM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008 12:10:45 AM »

I love the Jack rattle!  Way cooler than the plastic stuff we got for my son!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
kianee
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008 01:44:42 PM »

summertimerolls: I'm glad everything got there alright! I should've known the chocolate would melt, but didn't think about wrapping it all in plastic! D'oh.  Roll Eyes Thankfully it didn't leak.

Funny though that the packet from Germany was apparently the first one to arrive *g*
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008 01:45:51 PM by kianee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkween
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008 04:52:24 PM »

Here is the awesome shirt Atsuko made for Melody! (you can see Baby trying to get in the picture there.  Cheesy)

She also tossed in some extras. The whistle is being held captive by my 2 year old son.  Smiley

Thanks Rox! The shirt is a perfect fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Long Exposure Photography
Camera Pixel Resolution
How to Take Self-Portraits
HDR Photography Advice
Photography Lighting Advice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...