A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Suprise Bathroom Remodeling for my Boyfriend  (Read 5080 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LTR450GirlOrl
« on: August 25, 2008 08:10:09 AM »

I wanted to do something special for my boyfriend to show him that I love him. Well, Saturday he had to work so I decided to remodel his bathroom for him. He's so bored with his house, but due to work being slow he has a hard enough time paying bills not to mention have some play money for the house. When he moved into his house the bathroom was painted some weird sea-green type of color, definately not manly, lol. On top of that, the entire house has no texture whatsoever on the walls - so you can see every dipple, seam, and inperfection. A few weeks ago we were in the store and he picked out a color blue that he would like the bathroom to be. I stole the color swatch and ran with it, lol. So, when my wonderful boyfriend left for work at 7:30am, I started getting busy. I found a "sand-type" texture that you could add to a gallon of paint - I was originally going to spray the walls with an orange peel texture, but didnt have time to prime or anything so I settled with the additive - which looks really cool. The paint went on well, but due to the additive it splattered EVERYWHERE so after one coat I had to hurry up and clean his sink, bathtub, and toilet, lol. When that was done, I began placing down the new flooring, then gave the paint a 2nd coat. The 2nd coat I didnt use the additive so the paint went on nice and smooth and without the splatter, lol. While that dried, I finished the flooring, hung some new towels and an awesome new shower curtain. I did all of this for under $100. I also finished around 4:45 and had just enough time to take a shower before he came home. The suprise was a total success and he was speechless Smiley 1 room down, 6 more to go, lol Wink

Before Photos

The nasty linoleum floor

And after hours of hard work - here's the manly-beautiful after!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008 08:14:46 AM by LTR450GirlOrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not a real sport unless you can die from massive internal injuries.

http://i31.tinypic.com/14uja81.gif
Sandroo

Mine is an evil laugh!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008 08:13:40 AM »

Hopefully your boyfriend knows what an incredible person you are and treats you accordingly!  That looks amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008 08:16:28 AM »

Thanks! He's been funny the last couple of days since I did the bathroom. I always tell him he's the best and his usual response is "I'm just trying to keep up with you" - now his response is "Thanks, but now I'm way behind", lol Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008 08:24:52 AM »

WOW! GREAT job! I love the colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ahoy Sailor!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008 08:26:58 AM »

what a sweet idea. hes lucky to have such a great gf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
punka
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008 09:43:06 AM »

Damnit, no wonder he feels 'behind' - that is a fab surprise, very nicely done.

Is that a new light over the mirror, or have you modified the old one? I always wanted a hollywood style row of bulbs like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MollyMillions
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008 10:09:28 AM »

Nice job! I love blue and brown together, you made it work nicely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008 10:12:10 AM »

The light is the same in both pictures, not sure why it looks different in the first one, lol. The medicine cabinet will be replaced next, I just didnt have the $100 for a new one, lol. I love the lights though Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008 10:53:14 AM »

hey, you said you placed the floor tiles- are those the peeley stick kind? how did you cut them to go around the toilet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008 11:13:53 AM »

Yup, I used the peel and stick tiles. I used one full box, plus 6 extra tiles. They are super easy to cut, you can use a basic razor blade. The worst part was trying to measure out the curves like the ones around the toilet. It is hard to get an exact fit, but as long as I got close I was happy. I caulked all along the walls/tile and toilet/tile to fill in the gaps and give it a more finished look. Now instead of it looking like I couldnt cut a straight line it just looks like a didnt do the best caulking job - that I can handle, lol Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Fireworks Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Dusk/Dawn Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Copy Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...