A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,474
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plushie Program  (Read 4164 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smokebook
« on: August 24, 2008 11:16:34 PM »

Has anyone else seen this? I was just googling for some tips on how to make a custom plush doll and came across this video.  It looks really cool! Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbQWxL-_8LU

I believe I read it was designed in Tokyo and it basically just lets you draw (crude) 2D shapes and it turns it into a 3D model while creating a pattern for you to print and follow. Looks really awesome, especially for someone like me who is a beginner and not very good at being artistic. I don't know what the status of it is, I would research it but I'm a little pressed for time, so I will have to do that later. But it'd be cool if it came out for personal use sometime soon (or is already).  Let me know what you guys think, or if you've seen this before or know of something similar that is available. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stevoluvmunchkin
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008 12:09:32 AM »

Omg thats so cool and just what im looking for, do you know where to buy/ download the program?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smokebook
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008 03:35:02 AM »

Omg thats so cool and just what im looking for, do you know where to buy/ download the program?
I know it looks awesome, doesn't it?!  Unfortunately I don't know much about it.  When I found that video I was too busy to look into it more.  I will try and look around to see if that program is available, or if there is another one like it around for home/personal use. It seems like such a useful program, I hope it wouldn't be too insanely expensive (though most cool programs are  Roll Eyes )  I'll let you know if I find anything more about it. Maybe someone else will pop in with more info too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smokebook
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008 02:56:21 PM »

Ok, so, I googled the program and found the website made for it, and it has a free demo program you can download.  Here's the link to the website:

http://www.den.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~yuki/plushie/index-e.html

Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a zip file for the demo.  At first I couldn't figure out how to open it, and all I saw was a .bat file which I hadn't seen before. I expressed concern over the safety of the download to my boyfriend and he told me not to open the .bat if I didn't trust the site. Then I gave in because I couldn't find an exe file, and explained to him what was going on and he was like "oh yeah, go ahead and open the .bat file" so I did and the program opened.  I don't know why I'm really paranoid about viruses and stuff. The computer I'm now could easily be sacrificed as it holds no important data. (Cut to a week from now when I've been hacked by Japanese plushie making college students, haha)

Anyway, It's just a demo, so I don't know how much it does and I just drew a circle real quick to make sure it worked like the video, and it did. But I don't know how to do anything else. It comes with a manual I believe in the folder, so I'll probably have to read through that before knowing how to work it entirely. But it looks cool! It might have a time limit to how long you can use it and since it's only a demo it probably doesn't do much more than demonstrate how the program works.  I really hope a full version is available soon.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008 03:02:08 PM by smokebook » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stevoluvmunchkin
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008 01:13:30 PM »

Aww that sucks theres only a demo out, I downloaded it though to see how it works. I wish it had something to where i could upload a picture I already drew and make a pattern from that. I find it kinda difficult to draw on the computer. Maybe when the actual program comes out it will have that option.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smokebook
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008 03:36:39 PM »

Aww that sucks theres only a demo out, I downloaded it though to see how it works. I wish it had something to where i could upload a picture I already drew and make a pattern from that. I find it kinda difficult to draw on the computer. Maybe when the actual program comes out it will have that option.
Yeah, that would be really cool. I don't know how to go about seeing when it will be available as a whole program, but I hope soon. I find it hard to draw on the computer too, I've been considering buying one of those tablets to draw with lately. Might be worth the investment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Rocked The White Cape: Gwyneth Paltrow Vs. Sienna Miller
How to Make a Baby Chicken Costume
How to Make Stylish Yarn Bangle Bracelets
Best Dressed Celebrities: Kate Hudson, Blake Lively, Alessandra Ambrosio
Retail Stores That Offer Student Discounts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...