A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Refrain from anything cute... a bento box  (Read 1597 times)
Tags for this thread: bento  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the_trademarks
« on: August 24, 2008 09:06:17 PM »

So DH is back to college and lets face it money is too tight to buy food everyday. My solution to this has been bento boxes and although my spouse is not as thrilled as my three year old and myself, he endures. In prior ventures in packing bentos I have not hidden all things cute. The only request he had for this years lunches is I have to keep things kind of manlike. So I bought him a new box that does not have a cartoon animal on it and I set to make his lunch. In my attempts to remain manly I decided to make octodogs. I did not realize how much my knives need to be sharpened until I tried to cut a hotdog to have eight legs. Anyway, here is the box...

box 1: octodogs, carrots, strawberries, boiled egg car (my mold did not work too well), little jelly cup thingy. Box 2: pasta with olive oil and a little Parmesan and tomatoes (I grew those in my garden! Grin They are delicious)

Man Bento

Let me know what you think!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swap for pogs, Polly Pockets (the little ones) and Gameboy Advance Games. PM me if interested!
crochetmama905
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008 09:30:05 PM »

Well done!  I remember when my husband and I were young marrieds and having to stretch our $$.  (We have now been married almost 35 years.)  I promise you that one day you will look back on these days fondly, your 3-year-old will grow up having cheerful memories and not even realize you were stretching dollars....after all with octodogs you have everything in the world and who could ask for more??!  The outside of the box definitely looks manly and your man can carry it with pride wherever he goes.  You are a credit to young moms and wives the world over who are cheerfully making the best of their situation and creating happy memories for all.  Well done! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imrahil
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008 12:48:49 AM »

oh, that's a nice looking lunch box! Homegrown tomatoes, yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucastheboo
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008 09:20:57 AM »

OMG! Where do you buy the jelly cup things? I have been looking for those for a few ears now and never have found any. I love the bento box its really cool, I'd be proud to take it as my lunch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.
sonjabegonia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008 01:11:53 PM »

I like the fact that the outside of the box is manly, but then when you open the box, there are some cute surprises.  What grown man wouldn't smile when he sees an octodog?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twitter - @snelsonchi
punk rock puppy
Magic Ninja

Juggalo Love!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008 02:58:05 PM »

awesome box, you can say the egg is a meteor lol im wondering too where did you get the mini jelly cup?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yeah... i should probably get on that...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sushi Rolling 101: Chef in Your Pocket - Part 1
How to Cook Somen Noodles
How to Make Healthy Shirataki Noodles
Sushi Push-Pops to Be the Next Big Thing
How to Make Perfect Tamanishiki Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...