A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where do you buy fabric online?  (Read 66491 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

firsttimegranny
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2009 10:37:45 AM »

Hi, I have been lurking around here alot and have gotten great ideas. I just ordered some fabric from www.bearpawquilting .com they have some great fabric online. I ordered among other stuff a black print that has those girls that truckers stick on there mud flaps. I am going to make welding caps from it. I don't know yet how good they are. but will let you know when I get my stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MarysMom
« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2009 10:33:23 AM »

Hi guys!

I just wanted to invite you to join my fabric co-op. You can buy designer fabrics at my whole cost. I'm not making a profit or anything!

If you'd like to join us the web address is

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thefabriccoop/

We have a FreeSpirit order ending next week. We're getting Tina Givens, Amy Butler and Tonya Wylan just to name a few!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

firsttimegranny
« Reply #302 on: March 21, 2009 10:26:50 AM »

Hi again,
I ordered some fabric from www.bearpawquilting .com on the 15th and it came in the mail on the 19th. Wow, that was way faster than joann's. The fabric is good quality also. Just thought I would let you know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stitch Simple Jen
« Reply #303 on: March 26, 2009 09:56:57 AM »

I'd like to add my own shop to the list:  http://www.stitchsimple.com.  I carry many major brands and designers and everything is prewashed.  We also sell precut squares, rectangles and kits.  If nothing else, I think everyone will like to play around on our quilt kit preview page (it lets you see what your finished quilt will look like before you by a kit).

I certainly welcome and feedback from everyone too.  I'm a small shop that opened it's doors less than a year ago and what has helped me grow so far is getting candid feedback from customers.  So my ears are open!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midnightinchelsea89
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2009 03:23:56 PM »

So I went through this entire thread and looked at just about all of the sites, and I think I found one fabric that's close to what I'm looking for.  I'm looking for a red and black paisley print in a dress fabric like charmeuse.  Any suggestions as to where I should look? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BelleBeryl
« Reply #305 on: April 04, 2009 11:12:42 AM »

Well I have bought at several online shops but my two favorites are fabric.com and fabricdepot.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kelnick
« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2009 09:33:58 AM »

Hi,

I'm new to this site and love the discussion.  I'd like to share some of my favorite sites for fabric.

www.patontheback.ne t  Pat just notifed her customers that there is a sale on Michael Miller fabrics coming up.  Don't know if it everywhere or just through her.  She really goes the extra mile for her customers and will search out fabric. 

www.fabric.com   I receive a daily notice of their specials.  They have a wide variety of fabric and I've been happy with everything.

janesfabrics  can be found on ebay.  She seems to sell only on ebay & I've found some great deals on Michael Miller fabric there.

www.jandofabrics.co m   is another great source I've used.  I've ordered clear vinyl and batting through them.  I love that it arrives on a long tube not folded and crinkled so use is impossible.

www.mybluebamboo.co m  has a great supply of asian and batiks.  Wonderful selection and they also have great sales.

Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kellyhelene
I'd claim it was my magnetic personality, but really, that's just the steel.

you'll put your eye out

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2009 11:21:35 AM »

http://www.thousandsofbolts.com has UNBELIEVABLE prices.  I'm talking less than $4 a yard for michael miller prints.  Under $4 a yard for just about everything, in fact.   The highest price I saw was $5something for a Kaufman batik print. 

The organization leaves a lot to be desired- it's by color, I'd prefer by theme or designer and collection.  But the prices are insane.  And if you find a specific print elsewhere you like it is worth crosschecking the search on there for it.  I did and saved myself about $50 on a big order.    Kona solids are only $4.35.  My last order arrived in less than a week total.

Definitely worth checking out for any quilters, or anyone who likes using quilting cottons (I love using novelty prints in my corsets and for sundresses, personally).

I know it may be listed already, but I also like J&O for solids. 
http://www.jandofabrics.com/
Their solid broadcloth is only $2.98 a yard for the 45".  I don't think I've seen cheaper anywhere, including ebay.  They also have good prices on wider widths.  Lots of trims for under $2 a yard, too.  My last order from them arrived in just days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kelnick
« Reply #308 on: April 26, 2009 09:59:22 PM »

Just visited www.thousandsofbolt s.com  Thanks for the info on this site.   I ordered 8 fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supercrafty
« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2009 04:38:57 AM »

I have been looking for modern printed nylon fabric, like the kind you make windbreakers and kites from. It does not have to be ripstop, but if it is that's fine, too. I've found plenty of solids, but no prints. Anyone have any links/sources they can provide? TIA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Easter Baskets
Mom Hacks: Chalk Egg
Mom Hacks: Egg Carton
Mom Hacks: Egg Carton
JD and Rebecca Show Some Incredible Sand Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...