A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New beader, with new projects  (Read 1730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kurisuchi
« on: February 21, 2005 07:16:51 PM »

New beader here, and figuring out all the fabulous things about beading. 

Please, see my finished projects http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sparkierenee/album?.dir=e39a&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sparkierenee/my_photos  (forgive the not-so-pretty link; I haven't figured out the linking system here yet...)  I seriously only started 2 weeks ago.   Grin  I'm so proud of myself!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005 07:21:01 PM by kurisuchi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gierma
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005 01:20:31 AM »

My favourites are the purple bracelets with the toggle clasps, I'm very impressed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kurisuchi
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005 04:21:59 PM »

oh, thank you!   Cheesy

I need to buy more wire and some beads that aren't plastic so I can create some more things.  The cheap supplies are good for practice, but not so great for trying to impress people by saying, "Hey, look at what I made!!"  I have lots of ideas about bracelets, and I SO need to save $$ so I can make more stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandaleigh2023
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005 06:02:14 PM »

I think I have a purple bead set like the ones you used in the purple bracelets. My dad bought it for me for Christmas! He was trying to be thoughtful. Tongue

Not bad for a Wal-Mart purchase, I say.

Cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kurisuchi
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005 06:46:33 PM »

hah!  that's exactly where I got the bracelet stuff, although I don't tell people that.  hee.  I want them to think it's a magnifcent piece of jewelry art.  I, too, think it's darn good looking for WM stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoftFlexGuy
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005 10:32:00 AM »

Kurisuchi,

Excellent bracelets. Who would have thought that "WM" would have fun beads like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ayn
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005 06:29:23 AM »

OMG, kurisuchi, *copper with pearls* ?!?!?!

thank you thank you thannnnk you for posting that! would never have thought of it myself in a gazillion years & here's why I say that ::
For years I've had these vintage solid fire-copper beads.  They're vaguely shell-shaped & sort of 3D, & in each of the  indented lines of the 'shell' they have teeeensy strips of white (haven't a clue what the white stuff 'is' though;- maybe enameling or some such thing).
In all the time I've had them, absolutely NOTHING ever seemed to look right with these things so there they've sat. But as I said I never even once considered trying them along with 'white pearls'!
Also, this spring & summer, copper may finally be coming back 'in' again for jewelry, what with the 'Bohemian chic' fashions & also the many ethnic particularly African influences I'm seeing.

Hey you surrrre you're a beginner? that's really nice work! Definitely agree with the way you say you wanted to practice on less-expensive materials before moving on to expensive stuff; I'd recommend that myself to anyone.

And man I only 'wish' I ever saw materials like that at a wallyworld anywhere around here.  Either other folks buy up all the cute stuff the very nanosecond it hits the crafts-section shelves or else not all Walmarts carry the same stuff?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Do 1940s Hairstyles
How to Use Hair Rods
How to Untangle Matted Hair
How to Do School Girl Hairstyles
How to Use Almond Oil for Healthy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
May 4, 2016 Featured Projects
I propose a toast!
Tute Tuesday: Plastic Mesh Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...