A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,780
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dollar Store Gift  (Read 1273 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: July 10, 2008 07:49:27 PM »

Hey guys! Give me all your dollar store ideas (gifts you made using dollar store crap for anyone..any occasion?)!

The only one I've done so far (can think of really) is scrapbooks for my bf. I actually bought these mini scrapbooks (like 6in by 6in) at Michaels in a dollar sale they were having, but I got most of the other stuff from the dollar store. They actually have some CUTE scrapbooking stuff sometimes!

I'm also going to get petroleum jelly, a glass jar, and a pair of socks from there to make Crusty Foot Lotion (Via The Big Ass Book of Crafts).

Back story (Feel free to skip!)
I'm back home from college for a month, while my boyfriends two hours away by the school. I wanted to send him a little gift box for fun...because I have nothing better to do here. lol. He asked me to send him some of the melt and pour soaps I've made, so I figured I'd send those plus some other stuff. I'm turning 20 next week and going for the first time ever to get a drivers license on Monday! (I know...I'm a little behind on the whole driving thing!) And you know the thing I'm most excited about doing right now in the near future with my drivers license? Going to the dollar store and spending AS MUCH TIME as I like. My mom is always in such a hurry. I can't wait to go and figure out some crafty stuff to make him.

Grin Grin Grin

"Our whole culture in this country now is so conformist. I don't even meet that many freaks any more." - Beck
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008 11:13:06 AM »

well this isnt very crafty but it always goes over really well. I walk around the store and find things that i can think of cute little things to say about. I start the title as..."The reasons why I love you"...or "Reasons why your my bestfriend"...or the last one i made said "The reasons why i put up with you". Then i go around a find things that are cute...
Sweettarts: because youre a sweet heart
sugarbabies: because youre my sugar daddy
Honeybun: because youre my honey bun
picture frame: because our love is picture perfect

then i tie tags on each gift or number them and make a list
you can get as creative as you want

hehehe... this makes me giggle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008 02:34:38 PM »

I know it's been awhile since you posted this, but I'm new to Crafster and I just had to tell you...........
I spend like hours at a time. I love looking for good stuff.
Dollar Tree is my fave, but I also love Big Lots- not exactly the dollar stor but also oh so good!

A to the L to the T to the A

looooves it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grilled Rueben Sandwich Recipe
Making Sausage and Peppers : EthNYC Eats
Wisconsin Cheddar Sells For $209 Per Pound
How to Make a Grilled Egg & Sausage Sandwich
Festivals Are Raising The Bar With Artisan Foods to Cater to Millennials
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...