A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Pharmacy" themed gift to send through mail--I need your ideas!--EDIT more text  (Read 614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CloudxxSeph
« on: August 23, 2008 06:24:02 PM »

Unfortunately for me, my boyfriend just started college last week and lives on campus about two hours away. I don't know how often I will get to see him (I am a year younger)  Undecided
But today I was volunteering at the employee pharmacy in the hospital where my dad works at, and I found a fun thing: stickers. You know, the little ones on the bottles that say "Take with food," "Don't take with alcohol," etc. and i was like .... mailing gift! Cheesy So I took some stickers that I found interesting (they had plenty, don't worry), and two paper bags. My idea is to find little things that go with each sticker and then mail them as one of those random-gifts. But some of them are really obscure/random! and I'd rather not do a whole lot of silly things like a collage or representations (like plastic food for one that says "take with food") but a few things like that are okay Smiley  The rest I think i'll incorporate into a card. But right. Here are the sayings on the stickers and a few of the more obvious ideas I had:
-   Do not drink alcoholic beverages while taking this medication (x4) — ummm put them on card? more like DON'T DRINK AT COLLEGE.
-   Shake well before using. Clean mouthpiece after each use with running water. — NO IDEA
-   We owe you _______ (x7) — either fill in the blank or leave it blank for him to fill in?
-   Obtain medical advice before taking nonprescription drugs. Some may affect the action of this medication — ??
-   Refrigerate — ??
-   May cause discoloration of the urine or feces — hahah.. no clue.
-   For ears (x4) — mix CD with some self-made “bonus” tracks of me talking/messages to him.
-   For rectal use only — .......i'm sorry, i'm too immature Cheesy
-   For vaginal use only (x2) —??
-   This prescription cannot be refilled — put on card with sidenote: unless you come visit!
-   For the nose (x3) — I don't wear a specific perfume, but I could try mailing an article of clothing that i've worn/sweated in for a sort of "me" smell
-   Important: finish all this medication unless otherwise directed by prescriber — use on card
-   Note dosage strength — ??
-   Poison — D: ??
-   Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and finish all this medication unless otherwise directed by prescriber — he's really pale and burns easily, so this might just work as a joke inside the card ^^
-   It may be advisable to drink a full glass of orange juice or eat a banana daily while taking this medication — huh??
-   Take with food — candy?
-   Avoid taking this medication with grapefruit or grapefruit juice — ??
-      For eyes (x10) — Photographs, with frames?
-      Generic substitution made — I don't know, but i'm thinking of putting it next to a <3 heart (as opposed to an anatomically correct one)

Additional useful information: We've been dating for two years and he's also my best friend, so I can tell him anything/we joke around a lot/a lot of things aren't embarassing. But we aren't sleeping together, so sending condoms with the "for vaginal use only" sticker is not an option for us.
Another idea I had was printing out "prescription" labels and sticking them on things, or trying to find empty medicine bottles around the house and put labels on them.

Any ideas??  Cheesy
EDIT: I also wrote out a "prescription" for the package Smiley
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 03:54:56 PM by CloudxxSeph » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...