A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The magical myths and long lost legends gallery!  (Read 10235 times)
Tags for this thread: ds_case  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008 11:17:58 AM »

what's funny is I was totally wishing that I'd made YOU something sewing related!  But, just for the record I love everything you made me so much and I wouldn't change a thing  Wink  You nailed me on the head, so to speak!
Well, you did make me something that was machine sewn at least. I was hoping I would get so motivated but it didn't happen and it was all hand sewn. Tongue
I'm glad you liked everything though and you pegged me too. Grin You actaully expanded my horizons. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
jpoparock
Psychotic Crafting Bunny

I am the zombie queen.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2008 01:00:54 AM »

hehe murbeck, pogo! Don't fight! I'll make you both a fluffy cuddly dragon! His fuzz is soft-ish. Its not long pile so its not as fluffy as others, but its short pile. Its teddy bear type fur. The lavender inside his body is from our back garden as mum has lavender bushes and we were making pouches anyway
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm making a blanket for my uni room as it gets so cold! If you can make/spare any 5X5 inch squares of crochet, I'd happily swap you for something! Please PM me!
gothmom
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2008 08:21:27 AM »

At long last, the tardy Gothmom posts pics.

Before I do, I just wanted to say that this is probably my last swap.  I've been doing this for years, dozens of swaps and some have been good and some have been real disappointments (not this one, don't worry Random you're great)  I've been flaked on  and I have angel'ed and I have even moderated a swap once.  But the pressure of the review you get at the end and the angst it causes makes the scales tip in favor of not doing it anymore.

Okay -so off the soapbox and on to the pics.

My camera must have had a hangover the day I took these pics...

First off - Ransom is a great swapper - she PAYS ATTENTION to what you say you like/dislike and really crafted just for me.  That was really super and great and rarer than you'd think. 

First off - all the pieces were individually wrapped and inside a really nice archive box.  It was more presents than I've gotten for my birthday for the last few years I'll tell you that much! 

photo of the wrapped schwag:

And then I ripped those beautiful things open...and this is what I found.

Ganesh - remover of obstacles on a pouch

Note the quality sewing on this pouch please...

Sovan Macha- the mermaid that Hanuman falls in love with on a small trinket box

Snow White and Rose Red on a handmade book

Baba Yaga on a handmade book

Scary monsters and werewolves! - el chupacabra too - bookmarks

I see Ransom has a 1" buttonmaker too! Smiley  note the sexy librarian button!

These were great items, well made, thoughtful, packaged like super great and Ransom was really kind and patient with me sending her stuff late.

Thanks again!

Gothmom
THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2008 08:54:29 AM »

Well, I'm sorry to hear that swaps stress you so!  I'm sure the swapping world is at a loss losing you but if it's not worth it then you should definitely not do it any more, I don't blame ya. 

Anyway, that was an awesome swap package!!!  I'm so glad that you're going out with a bang!  Ransom really is a good seamstress!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2008 09:18:43 AM »

Great package!
I love the Ganesh pouch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2008 05:58:47 PM »

Gothmom - sorry also to hear you are done with swapping but it looks like you are going out with a bang! I love all of the myths you selected! Ransom - really nice work on all of those items! And I am sooo jealous you own a button maker. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
euphemasaurus

Librarian-in-Training, Sarcastic Cross-Stitcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2008 07:28:38 PM »

Yay, I'm really glad you like everything, Gothmom!  I had fun trying to figure out what to do with all the myths you picked (I could never leave out the Chupacabra, lol). Sorry to hear that this was your finale from swapping after all you've done, but you obviously know what's best.  As soon as I get my package I'll be sure to post pictures.

PS- I loooove my button maker, best investment ever, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miep
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2008 11:49:10 PM »

yeahhh another great package....so sorry to hear that this was your last swap gothmom, but i am aware of the stressfactor.
this is the second/third swap i joined (signed up for 2 at the same time) and all 3 the swaps there were some unsuspected things that made it almost impossible to be in time.

@ ransom...i am also jealous of your buttonmaker.

and i hope the package for jpoparock will arrive today, because it should be there already...i am getting nervous....what if it doesn`t arrive.
i was going to send it on friday(last week), but when i went to the postoffice it was closed.
so i send out on monday (it is closed on saturday) i send it priority and they said it would be there in 2 or 3 days. crosses fingers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Imagine
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2008 05:07:55 AM »

and i hope the package for jpoparock will arrive today, because it should be there already...i am getting nervous....what if it doesn`t arrive.

The same is happening to me! I sent it on Sept. 8 via regular airmail and it's still not there. Maybe something wrong in UK and they don't let in new mail... Yeah, I'm thinking apocalypse or something... Anything but two lost packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jpoparock
Psychotic Crafting Bunny

I am the zombie queen.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2008 07:58:10 AM »

I havn't had it at my uni address yet Miep! I can only figure that if it has come and somebody's had to answer the door for us (we have 3 flats in the house) they've either taken it to their flat or weren't in, but then there hasn't been any "while you were out" cards. Most of the week I've been in while he post has come and I've been first to the door each day. The only post i had was a book i ordered.

Maybe it'll turn up tomorrow? I know the royal mail can be *censored for family viewing* when it comes to delivering post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm making a blanket for my uni room as it gets so cold! If you can make/spare any 5X5 inch squares of crochet, I'd happily swap you for something! Please PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...