A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: woven baby blanket! First big project!  (Read 1702 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_loom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sillymomma
« on: August 22, 2008 08:13:55 PM »

This is my VERY FIRST woven blanket!! What does everyone think? And please I would love input from those more experienced than myself!!

I've made hats before using the knifty knitter hat loom set, but recently I bought the knifty knitter long loom set! My brother and sis in law are having a baby boy. They'll be giving birth in the Phillippines and leaving in a month or so, so I had to get this done FAST!! It took me several days of working on it.

My mother in law gave me a huge BIN of yarn  Shocked imagine the possibilities!! So there was a lot to choose from. Finally I decided on cream, light brown, dark brown and light blue. I used the green long loom, looping around the pegs and flipping over. Once I was done with the blanket I hand tied the fringe, wove a square for the hood, folding and sewing in two corners to make it a hood. Out came my crochet hook, because my blanket was curling in and I didn't like the ragged edges. So I tripple crocheted around the whole blanket a couple times and also around the hood.

The whole idea with the blanket was that they could put the hood over the baby's head, and then swaddle him with the sides of the blanket.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps? I would love beautiful/useful polymer clay items, fashion accessories, anything oriental or oceanic, or jewelry? PM me if I can make something for you! Custom glass etchings, beaded jewelry, collage artwork, winter hat/scarfs, write-on calendars, custom name boards, cookies-in-a-jar
*MAR*
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008 08:31:57 PM »

That is really sweet and snuggly looking. I love the colours you used and the extra attention to details on the edges makes it look really beautifully done and finished. Great job! I am sure they are going to love it and it will get plenty of use!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butofcourse
she's crafty!

Knit fast, die warm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008 09:05:53 PM »

this is so cute and functional!  It just looks so cozy!  excellent for a baby!  But actually- I want one too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veggie head 4 life

Chickpeas & peanut butter will feed the world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008 11:14:15 PM »

aw! that is SO sweet. excellent job. i don't ave any experience with knitting, but as an adult i would love to swaddle myself in that type of blanket.

go you! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dance through your days........

my fabric-tastic blog
http://agreenbanana.blogspot.com/

Let's be friends!!
http://www.myspace.com/greeeengoooodness
lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008 11:20:15 PM »

OH it's so adorable and functional! I love it SO much Smiley
I almost want one for myself! It looks so warm....I'm a cold person LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
string theory
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008 09:10:21 PM »

I love it! I would be ecstatic to get this for my baby... BUT I would definitely die to have one in my size!  The colors are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Daytime Smoky Eye You Can Wear to the Office
Best Beauty Products for Fall
Day-to-Night Makeup Tricks
E.L.F. Foundation Review
DIY Pumpkin Hand and Foot Scrub Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...