A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: labels for knitpicks options set  (Read 351 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*k*
« on: August 22, 2008 07:19:42 PM »

I just received my new Knitpicks Options interchangeable needle set.  Since I haven't had a chance to use them yet, I can't give any kind of review about the needles, but I wasn't thrilled with the unlabeled needles and storage pouch.  I'm sure I would get different needle sizes mixed up and don't want to use a needle gauge everytime I switch sizes.  So I came up with a solution.  It's really simple, but I figured that other Knitpicks users might appreciate the idea. 
For those unfamiliar with the plastic pouch, info can be found on the Knit Picks website, here: http://www.knitpicks.com/Options+Interchangeable+Circular+Knitting+Needle+Case_ND80403.html
My solution:

I used lavender cardstock cut to fit the pouches (approx 3" tall by 1.25" wide) and hand-stamped the sizes in fuschia ink using little alphabet stamps found in the dollar section at JoAnn Fabrics.  I had planned to simply stamp the size numbers, but didn't have any numbered stamps.  So I spelled out the numbers instead and thought it turned out pretty cute and very practical.  The purple and pink go quite well with the purple needle cables, and the pouch is really pretty great for holding the rest of my non-interchangeable circular needle collection.

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
winter83
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008 10:16:11 PM »

Oh that is a good idea I just keep measuring mine when I use them.  I love those needles though I'm sure you will love them too. Watch out if you get the dpns they are sharp. I have punctured my hand and foot with them. But I still use them because they are awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Aromatic Extracts
How to Make a Ribbon Wreath
How to Wrap Awkward Shaped Christmas Presents
Top 3 DIY Holiday Decorations Tutorial
How to Create the Perfect Festive Wreath
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...