A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday - August 22, 2008  (Read 6992 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008 10:45:34 AM »

wow, everything is so pretty and colorful!

Macaw is gorgeous. I share your love of core-spinning, but i have to work on making mine lighter and fluffier!

This is "Ambrosia", it's core-spun quite tightly.

and "Worldtown" -slightly fluffier core-spun,

and  "Tropical Waters", a soft spun single.

I hope that wasn't too many pictures! Undecided

THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008 11:16:06 AM »

You are all inspiring me to want to try core spun yarn, but I don't even know if that can be done on a spindle.

I managed to get one yarn done this week and it's my first successful attempt at a low-twist single.  I named it Persephone after the goddess of fertility and nature.  It's super soft and squishy so it's hard to stop playing with it!   Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008 11:17:18 AM by crumpet79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thenutmeg2000

If sense were common, Everybody would have some..

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008 11:28:36 AM »

Here are some of my latest yarns. The first is a past Spunky Fiber of the Month that I believe was Wenslydale. I could be mistaken though. The second is from a bit I picked up at Maryland Sheep and Wool. It is very Noro-esque to me. It was 6 oz and ended up being 272 yards. I still have another big ball of roving that matches this one to spin. Hope everyone has a happy Fiber Friday

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008 11:37:45 AM »

I get to post on a Fiber Friday! Yay!  All of the yarns are truly lovely. Each one a bundle of squishy goodness! I'm excited I get to post along with such cool kids!

I only have one yarn. I call it after it's colorway, Northern lights. I had to buy it at my LYS because it begged me.

100% targee, 4 oz, approx 208 yds, 12 wpi

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RepoRebo
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008 11:45:40 AM »

Oh Noodle Princess, Ambrosia is STUNNING!! I love it! I love your avatar too...what a crazy movie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_bees_knees

Artist, Illustrator, & Maker Extraordinaire

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008 11:49:49 AM »

Ooo... So much prettiness, as per usual. The colors in Northern Lights look so wonderful plied. And, Noodle Princess, I always love the colors you pick for your yarns. Just for the record, my boyfriend won't stop saying "Froggy Went a Courtin" ever since he saw your yarn a few Fiber Fridays back. He finds a way to slip it into the strangest conversations.

Well, I didn't exactly get a lot of spinning done this week. My kick spindle was really bothering my knee for some reason. (Was this brought on psychologically to help me find excuses to buy a wheel? Perhaps.) So this is all I did:

However, I got my crock pot out and handdyed two pounds of mill ends I had lying around:

This was only my second time dying wool, and the colors didn't quite take the way I meant them to, but I learned a lot and had a good time. Unfortunately, I decided to start dying all that fiber at 10:30 p.m. and was up until 4 a.m. finishing. Wool is always worth it though, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicolassa

How do you like my lovely hat?

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008 01:51:13 PM »

Oh, Fiber Friday, how I love thee!!

The_bees_knees, I want to eat your fiber.  It looks freakin' delicious. 
And all the corespun yarns are my favorite this week!  They just are so squooshtastic!

Here are my contributions...my weaving class is over, so I had lots of spinny time...

Flux  Hodgepodge yarn of merino, silk, camel, cotton, and sparkle. 

Selkie  Softly spun singles yarn of merino, soysilk, flax, and sparkle.

Eye Candy  I know it's hard to tell, but this is a GIANT huge skein of bigness.  It's superbulky and still 120 yards...all I could fit on my jumbo bobbin!  South American fine wool.

Petroglyph  Snuggly singles yarn of 80s merino.  I love this color combo...I think I'm ready for fall. 

Keep the beauty coming!   Wink
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008 01:54:34 PM by nicolassa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's me with some yarn on my head.

Etsyness:  http://WhirligigYarns.etsy.com

Bloggity:  http://whirligigyarns.blogspot.com
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008 02:06:34 PM »

Yupp, it's an addition . . . Cheesy  My third. 
Anyway, on to the pics (I worked out how to download them, yes!):

The newest wheel (ain't she purdy? Cheesy):

She's most beautiful.  the band on the bobbin - I've never seen anything like it.  (looking again)

Is that the Majacraft Rose (I guess the rose gives it away).  Beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
Curlyredheadgirl

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Heb.11:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008 02:12:47 PM »

Gomerriffic - having seen your yarn in person (lucky me!!) I can honestly say that the picture just does not do it justice!! It's far more beautiful in person...

To everyone else... LOVELY YARNS!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can never change the past. But by the gace of God, you can win the future. So, remember those things which will help you forward, but forget about the things which will only hold you back.

My Blog - http://curlyredheadgirl.blogspot.com/
jazzturtle
Every breath is Healing...

Life is better with jazz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008 02:48:27 PM »

YAY!!  I've missed fiber fridays SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!! Now I'm married and have my life back.. no more planning or painting or unpacking!  HURRAH!!!!!

I went spinning crazy and spun a TON the week before the wedding..  I've posted pics in another thread, so I won't post them again here..  but you can see them http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=262736.0  There's some feather yarn, some soft spun singles and a bunch of corespuns..  I too LOVE corespinning.. I have to convince myself not to corespin EVERYTHING!!! 
I did get a few more skiens done before we left for the wedding(we got home from honeymoon part 1 last night) that I didn't have time to post on that thread.. so I'm excited I have something to share today.. even though they were spun last week..

Butterfly Garden,60 yards
Spun thick and thin with clear and mint angelinas, 2 colors of hand dyed green firestar and hand dyed green icicle, plied with irridecent green thread and 3 large crocheted butterflies, 1 small crocheted butterfly, 2 large crocheted sunflowers, 2 small crocheted flowers and a crocheted snail..

Clown Car, 49 yards
Spun thick and thin, plied with blue lurex thread.. with lots of coils and beehives!
This is a super fun yarn!!  I added clear and mint angelina, as well as 2 colors of firestar.. for some sparkley goodness!

Tahitan Sunset, 69 yards
Spun thick and thin and plied with lots of coils and beehives around gold metallic thread.   I love how this yarn turned out!!  the coils and super squooshy! The batts had handdyed firestar and I added lots of angelina in 3 different colors for a sunset sparkle!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop-  Lots of Handspun yarn and Fun Fiber Batts!
http://Jazzturtle.etsy.com

Ravelry Group:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/jazzturtle-creates

Flickr photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzturtle/

My thoughts and processes..
http://jazzturtlecreations.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Chest of Drawers from Recyclable Materials
Simple Balloon Clover Tutorial
How to Arrange a Tulip Bowl Centerpiece
How to Make a Capelet from an Old Sweater
The Basic Supplies to Make a Monster Puppet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...